Portland is a port and largest city in the U.S. state of Oregon, as well as the seat of Multnomah County. The city covers a total area of approx 376 km2 (145 ml2) and has a population of around 632,300 people (2015 census), making it the United States' 26th most populous city.
- Portland is in Willamette Valley region of Pacific Northwest, at the confluence of Columbia and Willamette Rivers. Approx 2,389,230 people live in Portland metropolitan statistical area, the 23rd most populous MSA in the U.S. Its Combined Statistical Area ranks 17th with a population of 3,022,180. Roughly 60% of the population of Oregon resides within Portland metropolitan area.
- The Oregon settlement was named after Portland, Maine, and began to be populated during the 1830s close to the end of Oregon Trail. The water access offered convenient transportation of goods. Timber industry was an important force in the early economy of the city. At the turn of 20th century, the city of Portland had a reputation as one of the world's most dangerous port cities, a hub for racketeering and organized crime.
- After the economy of the city experienced an industrial boom during WWII, its hard-edged reputation started to dissipate. Beginning in the 1960s, it became noted for growing liberal political values. Portland earned a reputation as the bastion of counterculture, that proceeded into 21st century.
- Portland is set against the backdrop of magnificent Mount Hood, and lies south of Washington state line on Willamette River, close to its junction with Columbia River, 100 miles by river east of the Pacific. It is a deepwater port that is capable of taking oceangoing vessels and yet it's also a city of natural splendour not far from ocean, desert and mountains.
- Outside the city, places to visit include the 259-metre (850-foot) Multnomah Falls in Columbia River Gorge, Bonneville Dam and Mt.Hood National Forest. Mount Saint Helens, Mount Rainier and Mount Adams in WA can also be visited from Portland.
- Famous as the City of Roses, Portland has some splendid public gardens. In June there is a Rose Festival with boat and car races, visiting navy ships and grand parade. The city is filled with late-19th-century and contemporary architecture as well as museums and mansions to visit. Many 1860s brick buildings featuring cast-iron columns and 1890s ornate terra-cotta designs have been preserved in areas, such as Yamhill, Skidmore Old Town, and Glazed Terra-Cotta national historic districts. There is also the Chinatown Gate, for the more exotic, recognizable by its 5 roofs, 64 dragons, and 2 huge lions, official entrance to Chinatown District.
Highlights: City of Roses, Multnomah Falls, Mt. Hood National Forest
The Portland cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Portland, Oregon.
If you lose the Portland location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Portland cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Portland, Oregon. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 September, 2017
3 September, 2017
9 September, 2017
10 September, 2017
16 September, 2017
17 September, 2017
19 September, 2017
20 September, 2017
23 September, 2017
24 September, 2017
30 September, 2017
With Hurricane Jose on the door step of New England, a number of cruise ships have been diverted to Portland. Since the weekend, at least a couple...September 20, 2017
Maine is on track to boast a record cruise ship season this year. The state is expecting a total of 423 vessels with more than 380,000...September 10, 2017
Maine wishes to shift its approach to cruise ship industry in order to generate more economic benefit, rather than just promote the state as a...August 22, 2017
Maine emergency services have responded to what was reported as "mass casualty event" aboard a Celebrity Cruises ship, only to find 4 people...July 4, 2017
- show more news