Princess Cays is a famous tourist resort situated at the southern end of Eleuthera island, Bahamas, owned by Princess Cruises. The company uses it as a port-of-call on voyages in the Caribbean. Princess Cays (Eleuthera) lies nearly 80 km (50 miles) from Nassau, Bahamas.
Eleuthera island is long and thin - 180 km (110 miles) long and in places little over 1 mile (1,6 km) wide. In 2000, the population of Eleuthera was nearly 8,000. The isle's topography varies from wide pink sand beaches to vast outcrops of ancient coral reefs. Eleuthera's eastern side faces the Atlantic while the western faces the Great Bahama Bank.
Starting May 2017, this exclusive Bahamian private island destination was added to the itineraries of 6 Carnival Cruise Line ships. Carnival ships had scheduled a total of 40 visits to Princess Cays in 2017, and 98 in 2018. The ships with 2017 itineraries that include the Princess private island destination were:
- 8-day cruises on Carnival Conquest (leaving from Fort Lauderdale FL)
- 7-day cruises on Carnival Pride (leaving from Baltimore)
- 5-day cruises on Carnival Ecstasy (leaving from Charleston SC) and on Carnival Elation (leaving from Jacksonville FL)
- 4-day cruises on Carnival Liberty (leaving from Port Canaveral - Orland0 FL) and on Carnival Sensation (out of Miami FL).
Princess Cays is one of several private island destinations with purposefully-built facilities for cruise passengers from vessels owned by Carnival Corporation. The other Carnival private islands and resort complexes are Half Moon Cay Island (Bahamas), Grand Turk Island, Puerta Maya (Cozumel), Mahogany Bay (Roatan Island, Honduras), Amber Cove (Dominican Republic).
On February 16, 2018, Princess Cruises completed the island's renovations and program enhancements. The project included refurbishments to all public areas (retail shops, bar areas). Updates were done to landscapes and infrastructure.
- The marina was upgraded to serve larger tender boats, and now has its own security clearance area.
- An Info Booth is now part a new outdoor shaded seating lounge.
- All indoor and outdoor structures were repainted.
- Guest towel station was added at the Welcome Center.
- New palm trees were planted.
- All beach bungalows were refitted.
- New public announcement system was installed.
- A Wi-Fi network was installed to serve Carnival's Ocean MedallionNet (connectivity ashore).
- New shore excursions options were also added, including guided seakayak paddling through the lagoon, Island Bicycle Adventure, Stingray Beach Encounter, water sports (“Davy Jones” water gear and snorkeling rental equipment)
Princess Cays was inaugurated as private beachside resort in 1992. The beach covers approx 40 acres (162,000 m2) and features over 1,5 ml / 2,5 km long white-sand shoreline. As call port, Princess Cays is included in ’both Eastern and Western Caribbean cruise itineraries.
Princess Cays cruise terminal
Visitors to the Princess Cays island can book a variety of shore excursions, including sea kayaking, banana boating, swimming, paddle boating, snorkeling, skiing, parasailing, waverunning, windsurfing, sailboating, dune buggy rides, glass bottom boat tours, . There are also basketball and volleyball courts.
The island's facilities include 0,16 km2 (0,06 ml2) tourist complex with an observation tower (for panoramic views of the island), bars, restaurants, retail shops (Bahamian handmade crafts, souvenirs, artworks), complimentary BBQ lunch service. Princess Cays's infrastructure has a series of paved paths leading to palm tree-dotted beaches where clamshells, private bungalows and cabanas are available for rental.
Among the recent operational enhancements are larger and more efficient tender boats, which are used for passenger transportation between the cruise ship and the shore.
Port Princess Cays cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Princess Cays, Bahamas private island. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|5 August, 2018|
|7 August, 2018|
|8 August, 2018|
|13 August, 2018|
|15 August, 2018|
|19 August, 2018|
|21 August, 2018|
|22 August, 2018|
|27 August, 2018|
The Princess Cays cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Princess Cays, Bahamas private island.
If you lose the Princess Cays location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.