Review of Carnival Sunrise deck 10 (WaterWorks)
- Spa Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 1,001 to 1,073, of which Inside cabins (category 4S) and Balcony cabins (8P).
- Seaside Theatre (huge LED screen outdoor cinema- movies, concerts, sport events, stage for live performances and games)
- Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse is an open-air spot by the US celebrity Guy Fieri (Food Network), where Guy is doing his authentic barbecue. The Barbecue Hall of Famer features some big time meats including Championship Pork Butt, Smoked Andouille Sausage, Smoked Round of Beef, and the famous Blue Ribbon Chicken along with sides like Old Skool Potato Salad, Collard Greens, Mac Daddy Mac n Cheese. The venue also boasts with a signature line of barbecue sauces.
- Cucina del Capitano (117 seats) is an Italian Trattoria restaurant open for lunch (complimentary) and dinner (surcharge/a la carte). For Lunch the restaurant operates as complimentary waiter-served Pasta Bar. Lunch menu includes made-to-order pastas (Linquini, Penne, Farfalle), sauces (Red Clam, Pomodoro, Bolognese, Alfredo), toppings (grilled chicken, Italian sausage, garlic shrimp, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, arugula), also meat lasagna, Caesar salad, bread. For Dinner the restaurant is reservations-only, at surcharge ($15 for adults, $5 for kids 11 and under) and with a la carte menu. Dinner menu includes antipasti, arancini, parmigiana, calamari, meatballs, salads (Caprese, Caesar, Di Rucola), pastas, lasagna, spaghetti, grilled salmon, sides, red/white wines (by the glass and bottle), Italian beers (Peroni, Moretti), cocktails, specialty waters, desserts (tiramisu cake, cannoli, apple tart), specialty coffees, after dinner liqueurs. The kids menu for dinner offers meatball spaghetti, fried chicken tenders, fish fingers, mac-n-cheese, cannoli. The specialty dining experience includes waiters dancing and singing Italian favorites.
- Carnival WaterWorks is the ship’s aqua park (open between 10 am – 5 pm) consisting of 1 whirlpool, Splash Zone (fountains, water spray cannons, jets, splash pools), Power Drencher (300-gallon / 1135 litres tipping bucket that reverses poles to dump its huge amount of water at regular intervals), 2 mini racing slides for kids, Speedway Splash (235 ft / 72 m long dual racing slide with digital scoreboard showing racers times, special lighting effects), Twister Waterslide (spiraling tube, 334 ft / 102 m long). To ride the water-slides, passengers must be at least 107 cm / 42 inches tall (no weight restrictions). Minor passengers (kids under 13 yo) need parents’ permit. Eyeglasses must be affixed with head straps. Not permitted are – not toilet trained kids (also in diapers/swim diapers), multiple riders, flotation devices, swimwear with exposed metal parts (zippers, buckles, rivets, ornamentation), jewelry/accessories, the use of Splash Park areas without adult supervision.
In comparison to sistership Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Sunrise has smaller-sized WaterWorks located midship (aft on Sunshine). Sunrise also lacks SkyCourse (roupe course).
WaterWorks auqa park on Sunshine