Review of Navigator Of The Seas deck 12 (Spa-Kids-Teens)
Vitality at Sea is ship's wellness complex consisting of ShipShape Fitness (aft-portside) and ShipShape Spa (forward). The Fitness Center (open between 6 am – 10 pm) has a large Gymnasium (complimentary, with Techogym equipment), Aerobics Room (for classes- Yoga, Pilates, spinning, stretching), separate lockers (for men/women, each with sauna and steam room), a central-location jacuzzi. The Gym features floor-ceiling windows and modern bodybuilding and training exercise equipment (free weights, weight machines, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, stationary bikes). In the mornings/afternoons are scheduled health and wellness seminars (free of charge).
The fore-located ShipShape Spa (open between 8 am – 10 pm) is divided into Beauty Salon (manicure/pedicure, hairdresser, barber, teeth whitening), treatment rooms (incl for acupuncture and couples massages), changing rooms, relaxation area (complimentary water, tea), Sauna/Steam Rooms, Rasul Room (thermal suite /steam and dry heat/ also used for private couples treatments). YSPA (teen spa) menu offers treatments and services for teenagers (ages 13-17) including facials, massages, nail and hair treatments.
- (refurbishment 2019) Sky Bar was renamed to "The Lime and Coconut". In 2019 were also added two whirlpools (midship). Johnny Rockets (fastfood bar) was relocated to deck 11 and replaced here with Adventure Ocean. The old Adventure Ocean area was converted into Fitness Center. "The Living Room" (teen lounge) and The Arcade were redesigned. Aft was added the Back Deck (teen-only outdoor area with sundeck and whirlpool).
- Sky Bar (located between the solarium and the pool area) is an outdoor bar serving the sundeck / sunbathing area. Occasionally, at the Sky Bar can be held “Cigars under the Stars” (a themed night event for cigar smokers).
- Power Walking / Jogging Track is 2-lane (5 laps = 1 ml).
- Aft on deck 12 are located all children facilities serving the Royal Caribbean’s “Adventure Ocean” program. The youth programs are complementary and offer supervised, age-appropriate activities and pre-planned events. This huge area has several rooms dedicated to each age group – Aquanauts (3-5 yo, pagers for parents being provided), Explorers (6-8 yo), Voyagers (9-11 yo). Teen-only rooms (for children 12-17 yo) are named Optix (Teen Disco club, dance parties) and “The Living Room” (teen lounge area). Among the organized youth activities are treasure hunts, talent shows, arts-crafts, workshops/classes, PlayStation and Nintendo Wii gaming, family-friendly games, foosball, airbrush tattoos, fun science experiments, Scratch DJ Academy (DJ classes), sports tournaments and video game competitions, watching movies, themed parties (Pool, Hot Tub, Dusk, Warehouse, Open Mic, Karaoke, Dancing Under the Stars, Battle of the Sexes, etc).
- Back Deck (Outdoor Youth Area) is the ship’s playground. This is a children-only sundeck with a teen sports court, large Jacuzzi, sunbathing area with loungers, splash pool, slides and waterfalls.
- Note: During the ship’s next scheduled refurbishment, the Outdoor Youth Area will be transformed into the Splashaway Bay (kids water park).
- Challenger’s (Video Arcade for kids and adults) is at surcharge US$1,25 per game. It has popular arcade machines and foosball tables (air hockey) and hosts daily gaming competitions. Among the favorites are classics (like Pacman, Galaga), music and dance (like DDR X, Guitar Hero), racers (like H2 Overdrive, Fast And Furious, Sega R-Tuned), family games (like NickToons Nitro, Sega Rally 3).
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery is a Royal Caribbean signature babysitting facility. This dedicated nursery is for toddlers (babies 6 months to 3 years old, fully toilet trained) cared for by certified professional staff. Kids are entertained by specially designed programs with interactive playgroup sessions (Art for Tots), toys, bedtime stories. Daytime and evening babysitting is offered (an hourly fee applies). The RCI line’s “BABIES 2 GO” service allows pre-ordering Huggies products (diapers, wipes, cream) and Gerber (organic baby food) delivered to the cruise cabin/suite upon arrival and also throughout the Royal Caribbean cruise. Note: In-room babysitting for overage children is available (per hour fee applies) for up to 3 kids (within the same family. Advance reservations are required.
- Cruise cabins from 1802 to 1888, all of which Oceanview Panoramic staterooms category 1L, Balcony (category 4D, Deluxe) and VP-Suites.
- deck plan 12 changes 2014 refurbishment: new Spa cabins (Panoramic Oceanview with glass walls, and Spa Balcony rooms) were added. The Living Room’s size was reduced. The Back Deck area was removed due to the FlowRider support structure.