Review of Voyager Of The Seas deck 12 (Spa-Kids-Teens)
Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center (upper level 2) is the “ShipShape Spa” (open between 8 am – 10 pm). This level is divided into Beauty Salon (manicure/pedicure, hairdresser, barber, teeth whitening), treatment rooms (incl for acupuncture and couples massages), changing rooms, relaxation area (complimentary water, tea), Sauna/Steam Rooms, Rasul Room (thermal suite /steam and dry heat/ also used for private couples treatments). YSPA (teen spa) menu offers treatments and services for teenagers (ages 13-17) including facials, massages, nail and hair treatments.
- Sky Bar (located between the solarium and the pool area) is an outdoor bar serving the sundeck / sunbathing area. Occasionally, at the Sky Bar can be held “Cigars under the Stars” (a themed night event for cigar smokers).
- Power Walking / Jogging Track is 2-lane (5 laps = 1 ml).
- Johnny Rockets (menu, capacity 80 seats) is a 1950s-themed diner (fast-food restaurant) with indoor and outdoor seating. This RCI signature burger bar is all-you-can-eat (at fixed US$5 cover charge, drinks are extra) and open between 11:30 am – 12 pm. The menu includes fresh-off-the-grill, made-to-order burgers and hotdogs, chili fries, onion rings, handmade milk shakes, beer, a selection of toppings, grilled chicken breast, classic sandwiches, sides, shareables, desserts (incl apple pie).
- Aft on deck 12 are located all children facilities serving the Royal Caribbean’s “Adventure Ocean” program. The youth programs are complimentary and offer supervised, age-appropriate activities and pre-planned events. This huge area has several rooms dedicated to each age group – Aquanauts (3-5 yo, pagers for parents being provided), Explorers (6-8 yo), Voyagers (9-11 yo). Teen-only rooms (for children 12-17 yo) are named Optix (Teen Disco club, dance parties) and “The Living Room” (teen lounge area). Among the organized youth activities are treasure hunts, talent shows, arts-crafts, workshops/classes, PlayStation and Nintendo Wii gaming, family-friendly games, foosball, airbrush tattoos, fun science experiments, Scratch DJ Academy (DJ classes), sports tournaments and video game competitions, watching movies, themed parties (Pool, Hot Tub, Dusk, Warehouse, Open Mic, Karaoke, Dancing Under the Stars, Battle of the Sexes, etc).
- Challenger’s (Video Arcade for kids and adults) is at surcharge US$1,25 per game. It has popular arcade machines and foosball tables (air hockey) and hosts daily gaming competitions. Among the favorites are classics (like Pacman, Galaga), music and dance (like DDR X, Guitar Hero), racers (like H2 Overdrive, Fast And Furious, Sega R-Tuned), family games (like NickToons Nitro, Sega Rally 3).
- Back Deck (Outdoor Youth Area) is the ship’s playground. This is a children-only sundeck with a teen sports court, large Jacuzzi, sunbathing area with loungers, splash pool, slides and waterfalls.
- Note: During the ship’s next scheduled refurbishment, the Outdoor Youth Area will be transformed into the Splashaway Bay (kids water park).
- Cruise cabins from 1802 to 1888, of which Oceanview Panoramic staterooms category 1L, Balcony (category 6D, Deluxe) and VP-Suites.