Grein is a Danube River cruise port in Austria. The small town has a population around 2,500 and covers a total area of 19 km2 (7 ml2). Grein is located in a small bay at Strudengau's entrance, a narrow 25 km (16 ml) valley along Danube.
Grein's best-known landmarks and tourist attractions include:
- Greinburg Castle (14th-century, now privately owned /open for visitors)
- Schloss Greinburg Palace (famous with its "Stone Theatre")
- Stadttheater Grein (Austria's oldest theatre, preserved in its origial form)
- Old Town Hall (former granary)
- Oberosterreichisches Schifffahrtsmuseum (maritime museum)
- Pfarrkirche Sankt Agidius (Gothic church)
- Upper Austrian Shipping Museum (history of Danube River shipping)
Grein Summer Festival and Danube Festival Weeks in Strudengau are part of a cultural program held in the Old Town. Two well-known coffee shops are town's best places to relax - Blumenstrauss (Biedermeier period cafe) and Schörgi (opposite to Danube station/riverboat docking pier).
Port Grein cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Grein, Austria. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|30 September, 2020|
- Cruise Industry
AmaWaterways christened its revolutionary newbuild riverboat - AmaMagna - in Grein, Austria on Thursday, July 11. The official ceremony saw...July 12, 2019
- Cruise Industry
AmaWaterways released the first internal images of the line's revolutionary new riverboat - AmaMagna, on her inaugural cruise from Vilshofen to...May 9, 2019
- show more news