Kalundborg is a port city located on Zealand Island (Denmark) in Baltic Sea. The city has population around 16,000. The cruise port is located approx 110 km (68 ml) from Copenhagen. The port is visited by cruise ships on itineraries along Norway's coast.
- The city is on the northwestern coast of Zealand (Denmark's largest island) and is famous for the broadcasting facility Kalundborg transmitter, as well as with the country's largest coal-fired power station.
- The city is mainly an industrial and trading centre. A major tourist attraction is the 5-spired Church of Our Lady. Kalundborg is the traditional seat of the Lerche family, and here is their stately home (located in the outskirts).
- As ferry port, Kalundborg is linked to Samso Island. The port plays central role in the city's economy. It is a self-governing seaport managed with independent finances.
- Kalundborg Container Terminal is served on a weekly basis by the agency / shipping line Unifeeder. Schultz Shipping is another major local shipping company.
- Statoil Refining Denmark operates the country's largest oil refinery located on the harbor. It has capacity of 6,6 million tons of oil products prodced annually.
- Haldor Topsoe is one of the companies with facilities located at Kalundborg Tank Terminal.
- In 2018, the port had scheduled a total of 6 ship calls (over 9,000 passengers) by the Thomson / Marella Cruises ship Marella Discovery. The vessel's maiden visit (June 1) was during a 14-day roundtrip from Newcastle UK to ports in Scandinavia and Russia.
On October 11, 2017, were officially started construction works for the new port area of Kalundborg (New West Port) with scheduled completion in 2019.
- The new port will be sized approx 330,000 m2 (3,55 million ft2) and will feature a container terminal with a 500-m (1640 ft) long quay (dock). The new port's water depth will be 15 m (49 ft) making it the Zealand Island's only seaport with a deep-water quay.
- The project is divided into 2 separate contracts - one for land-based construction works and one for dredging. The contractor companies are, respectively, "NCC Industry" and "Wasa Dredging".
- The New West Port's expansion will be completed by February 2019.
Kalundborg cruise terminal
In 2017 was opened a new quay with length 500 m (1640 ft) and water depth 15 m (50 ft). Following the development, the port now can handle even the world's largest cruise liners.
Port Kalundborg cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kalundborg, Zealand Island, Denmark. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|23 September, 2019|
|Spirit of Discovery||09:00||19:00|
The Kalundborg cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kalundborg, Zealand Island, Denmark.
If you lose the Kalundborg location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.