Kochi Prefecture is a prefecture of Japan situated on Shikoku's south coast. Its capital is the port city of Kochi, which covers a total area of approx 7,105 km2 (2,743 ml2) and has a population of around 757,910 people (2011 census).
- Prior to Meiji Restoration, Kochi was popular as Tosa Province and was controlled by Chosokabe clan during the Sengoku period and Yamauchi family during Edo period.
- The city of Kochi is also the birthplace of revolutionary Sakamoto Ryoma (1836-1867).
- Kochi Prefecture comprises the southwestern part of Shikoku Island, facing the Pacific. It is bordered by Tokushima to the north-east and Ehime to the north-west. Kochi is the largest but least populous of the four prefectures of Shikoku. Most part of the province is mountainous. In only a number of areas like around Kochi and Nakamura there is a coastal plain.
- Kochi is popular with its many rivers. The highest peak in Kochi prefecture is Inamura-yama in Tosa-cho, with an altitude of 1,506 m above sea level.
- As of April 1, 2012, 7 per cent of the total land area of Kochi prefecture was designated Natural Parks, namely Ashizuri-Uwakai National Park; Tsurugisan Quasi-National Parks, Ishizuchi, Muroto-Anan Kaigan, and 18 Prefectural Natural Parks.
- Major tourist attractions in Kochi include Kochi Castle, which is one of only twelve original castles left in Japan; Ryugado Cave, one of the country's top three caves; Katsurahama; Shimanto River, the only undammed Japanese river; Godaisan; Anpanman Museum.
- Like most regions in Japan, Kochi is advertised as specialising in a major food item, Katsuo no Tataki - Skipjack Tuna or Bonito, lightly seared. This is traditionally done over the straw generated as a by-product of rice harvest.
Port Kochi cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kochi, Japan. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|29 March, 2019|
The Kochi cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kochi, Japan.
If you lose the Kochi location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.