Qeqertarsuaq is a port town in Qaasuitsup municipality (Greenland), located on Disko Island's south coast. Disko Island and its satellite islands cover a total area of approx 9700 km2 (3750 ml2). The town has population around 900. Island's other settlement is Kangerluk (to the northwest) with population around 50.
- Established in 1773, the town is home to a campus of University of Copenhagen (popular as Arctic Station). Kangerluk is the site where in 1999 researchers found a "galloping" glacier that moves up to 100 m (330 ft) per day.
- A lot of the flat basaltic mountains on Disko Island are capped with perpetual snow. The largest one (Sermersuaq) is rather far from the coast and difficult to reach during summer months.
- Lyngmarksbræen is a smaller glacier (length around 10 km / 6 ml), but can be reached easily in a few hours' walk. A panoramic view of Disko Bay from Lyngmarksfjeld allows cruise ship tourists to see the icebergs at Ilulissat - nearly 100 km (62 ml) away.
- Qeqertarsuaq offers a dog sled rental. During winter, Air Greenland (aka Greenlandair / national carrier) operates regularly scheduled flights from Qeqertarsuaq Heliport to Aasiaat, Ilulissat and Qasigiannguit.
- When Disko Bay waters are navigable (summer and autumn), communication between settlements is via Diskoline (passenger and cargo ferries) as the heliport is closed. The ferry connects Qeqertarsuaq with Aasiaat, Ilulissat, Kitsissuarsuit and Qasigiannguit.
Port Qeqertarsuaq cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Qeqertarsuaq, Disko Island, Greenland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|23 July, 2019|
|24 July, 2019|
|29 July, 2019|
The Qeqertarsuaq cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Qeqertarsuaq, Disko Island, Greenland.
If you lose the Qeqertarsuaq location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.