West Palm Beach is a port city in Florida USA, as well as South Florida's 3rd largest metro county - following Miami-Dade and Broward. The city covers a total area of approx 151 km2 (58 ml2) and has population around 110,000 (metro around 5,83 million).
- West Palm Beach is the oldest municipality in Miami metropolitan area. It was incorporated as a city in November 1894 - 2 years before Miami. Despite the fact that West Palm Beach is situated approx 109 km (68 ml) north of Downtown Miami, it's still considered the principal city within Miami metropolitan area, because of the solid urbanization between the two cities. The estimated population of Miami Metropolitan area, including all of Palm Beach County, was 6,012,330 inhabitants at 2015 census.
- The Atlantic Treasure Coast of Florida is home to West Palm Beach. A bit further east of West Palm is Palm Beach island, home to Florida's famous mansions and renowned upscale shopping boulevard of Worth Avenue. Henry Flagler, railroad tycoon, established this region as a vacation haven for the most famous and rich. Among the many part-time residents, President Donald Trump owns the renowned Mar-a-Lago mansion, created by the Post family years ago.
- Other attractions in the area include Lion Country Safari, where visitors dive through cageless zoo containing more than 1,000 animals including elephants, lions, gorillas, gazelle, giraffes, birds. More nature awaits at Loxachatchee National Wildlife Refuge, best for a leisurely hike on nature trails or renting a canoe for fishing. Easily accessible from Palm Beach are Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- The Port of Palm Beach is situated on the northern edge of city limits. It is Florida's 4th busiest container port and continental United States' 18th busiest port. In addition to its intermodal capacity, the Port is an important modal point for shipment of variety of goods, as well as being home to a number of small passenger cruise lines.
- As a waterfront cityWest Palm Beach has specific need for water transportation between surrounding areas and points in the city. Waterway transportation is offered to and from downtown Clematis Street District, Peanut Island, Sailfish Marina Resort, waterfront attractions and special events.
In April 2018, Grand Classica (former Costa neoClassica) joined the fleet of the Florida-based company Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line run by NCL Norwegian Cruise Line's formet President Kevin Sheehan. The company has 2 vessels - MS Grand Celebration and Grand Classica.
- In the end of August 2017, Port Palm Beach District Commission signed a 10-year agreement for the Costa cruise ship, that will service the Flrorida-Bahamas route West Palm Beach-Freeport (Grand Bahama Island). The ship wlll have a regularly scheduled itinerary program of 3-day / 2-night Bahamas cruises to Freeport and back to Palm Beach FL.
- The Florida-Bahamas regularly scheduled shortbreak cruises are very popular among both American and Bahamian citizens as they provide a cheap travel shopping alternative. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line estimated that these tourists spend around USD 4.5 million per year.
- From both ships, Port Palm Beach projected between USD 54-63 million in net income over a period of 10 years (2018-2028), depending on the handled passengers number. The liners' combined passenger capacity is nearly 1.3 million per year.
West Palm Beach cruise terminal
Palm Beach port's cruise terminal is an exclusive facility for Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line ships only. It offers valet parking priced lower in comparison to other Florida cruise ports. Company's parking attendants meet passengers upon arrival at the terminal.
Parking prices are USD 19 per vehicle per night. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) and traveler's checks.
- Cruise terminal's address is "Port of Palm Beach, 1 East 11th Street, Riviera Beach, FL 33404".
- Driving directions to Palm Beach Cruise Terminal from north: from Interstate-95 South take Exit 76, Blue Heron Boulevard, proceed east to Highway 1 (Broadway), turn right onto Highway 1, proceed approx 1 ml / 1,5 km south, make a left on East 11th Street (at Skypass Bridge's north end).
- Driving directions to Palm Beach Cruise Terminal from south: from Interstate-95 North take Exit 74, 45th Street, proceed east to Highway 1 (Broadway), turn left onto Highway 1, proceed approx a ml / 1,5 km north over Skypass Bridge to East 11th Street (at the bridge's north end) and turn right.
Port West Palm Beach cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from West Palm Beach, Florida. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|29 March, 2020|
The West Palm Beach cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near West Palm Beach, Florida.
If you lose the West Palm Beach location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
- Cruise Industry
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line introduced 4 and 6-night Cruise & Stay packages. As cruise industry's first, the line offers the opportunity for...September 21, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) will be hosting PalmCon, the original Comic-Con of Palm Beach County, aboard Grand Classica, between October 12...August 5, 2018
- Cruise Industry
On April 13, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line officially welcomed a 2nd cruise ship to operation at Port of Palm Beach, Riviera Beach. The addition of...April 15, 2018
- show more news