Golfers would really appreciate this opportunity to compare exclusively themed golf voyages - scheduled departures on major cruise line ships. These leaders in golf cruising vacations provide the best choice for playing on the world's most famous courses. This review is integrated with our Theme Cruises hub.
Those who can afford the very best golf cruises are always modest "money-isn't-an-issue" guys looking for a most traditional high-end expensive luxury at sea. Their vacation experience also includes visiting such amazingly beautiful places, as Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, Bermuda, Scotland. Or some of the world's top best golf courses located in the Caribbean.
"Golf Cruises" - what is where, for whom, how much?
Golf cruises are pretty specific- they accommodate both professionals and amateurs. Take on the best of the world’s golf courses! You may also choose to have light-hearted rounds of on-board mini-golf while enjoying the relaxation of vacation.
Golf voyages are a challenging way to improve on the game. Due to golf popularity, golf voyages offer support facilities for personal golf tour- all guests' needs are satisfied- clubs, shoes, carts are readily on hand to appreciate the playing experience on the finest world courses in the most charming surroundings.
Among golf cruising evolutionary trends is the fact that golfers on a weeklong trip, can visit up to five courses in five destinations which are unique, even without repacking or lugging their clubs! Golf cruises carry golfing equipment on board and guests do not need to be burdened on their holidays. It is provided to rent clubs on-board or at call port courses.
And about the price- for example, Mahogany Run on St. Thomas runs around $160 if you book directly with the club (also add $50 for a taxi from the ship). Golf cruise lines charge around $150 for one round, but this includes transportation and possible extras (course reviews for example). Golf companies can also get golfers into access-restricted clubs where they may not manage to play on their own- among these places are "Teeth of the Dog" (Dominican Republic) and "Sandy Lane" (Barbados).
Golfers today almost do not have to get off the vessel to play some rounds. One of the most innovative features is the golf simulators which allow passengers to have "virtual" rounds at courses of world-class like "St Andrews". Companies provide onboard club rental, putting courses, driving ranges, miniature golf set-ups.
Group and private tuition by PGA professionals in golf are usually available on golf vacations. Golf cruises run ship-wide tournaments and when it is time to participate in such competitions, you are prepared for taking on the finest holes!
What Golf cruise ship packages do include?
Naturally, your golfing cruises will include a lot of golfing, golfing, golfing! Additionally, the golf cruise prices are inclusive of:
- Pre-voyage golf programs
- Green fees, confirmed starting times and scheduled golf rounds
- Practice range and range golf balls
- Carts/pull carts (depending on availability)
- Caddies (at additional cost)
- Air-conditioned transport to/from golf courses
- Luggage handling between guests' pre-cruise hotel and ship
- Golf bag handling between guests' ship and golf courses
- On-board club secure storage
- Casual tournaments with awards
- Golf tee prizes
- Golf personnel gratuities
- Full-time Golf Manager
- Golf cocktail parties (welcome and farewell)
- Onboard social events after golf rounds
- Standard beverage on-board package- standard liquors, cocktails/frozen cocktails, domestic beers, daily pouring wine
- Special onboard dinners for golfers
- Special events held onboard for non-golfers (culinary classes, wine tasting).
And at the following link, you will learn all the Golf basics - from Wikipedia. Fun fact: a regulation golf ball has a total of 336 dimples.
Best Golf Cruises 2019-2020
Which one of all the world's most popular golf cruise ship lines is best in what?
- Best golfers onboard experience - Princess. The finest golf facilities on the Caribbean, Diamond, Grand, Crown, Sapphire and Golden Princess. Princess is the only with two golf virtual simulators on-board; also included are an onboard pro, putting courses, outdoor cages, clinics, private and group lessons, new Nike golf equipment (including clothing and clubs like Tiger Woods' ;-)).
- Best for golf beginners - Carnival. There are golfers who take golf too seriously, but Carnival "Fun Ships" offer onboard programs adequate for real duffers, with expansive onboard facilities and golf-related excursions on-shore!
- Best for onboard services - Crystal. Crystal provides golf shore excursions at lots of upscale clubs. On-board golf pros are available year-round on the company's three ships. Crystal offers guests the chance to play up to five times and enjoy the British Open. Golf-focused itinerary- Canary Islands, the Mediterranean, Canada and New England maritime coast.
- Best for "golf widows/widowers" - Celebrity. Featuring the finest spa facilities and the program "Guilt-Free Golf". Special spa packages for non-golfers when the golfing half books golf shore excursions!
- Best golf destination - Bermuda. With the largest number of golf courses per square mile in the world! Most ships visiting Bermuda spend up to four days out of seven and give golfers the chance to sample such a variety of courses. Choose Norwegian Cruise Line if you want to experience Bermuda courses- the only line sailing New York-based traditional Bermuda cruises with up to four days in port.
- Best golf course scenery destination - Scotland. UK-based voyagers could easily make the trek to Scotland on land. But we think it is nicer to take a vacation that lets you play in different ports. Silversea offers the right itineraries, calling at Edinburg with an option to organize a private tour for guests to the nearby course.
Note: In the following table, all links are internal (CruiseMapper) redirecting to the ship’s itinerary schedule where you can compare dates and prices per person (double occupancy rates).
|cruise line (linked)||ships (linked) / "cruise themes"/ departures dates / itineraries|
ship Azamara Pursuit
ship Azamara Quest
Avalon Waterways (riverboats)
The following YouTube drone video review shows the best golf courses and best luxury golf resorts in the world.
Golf ship cruises deliver memorable golfing vacations to any skill level players. Enjoy your voyage with breathtaking ocean views, weekly golf activities and guided excursions to the best courses in every call port. Everything you need for your golf cruise is on the ship - just book it - and bring your best game!