Avalon Visionary Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Visionary
|Year built||2012 / Age : 7|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Donau GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 130|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Artistry 2, Avalon Imagery 2, Avalon Poetry 2, Avalon Tapestry 2, Avalon Tranquility 2|
|Christened by||Nicole Mazza|
Review of Avalon Visionary
MS Avalon Visionary boat cruises on Danube and Rhine Rivers departing from Amsterdam and Zurich.
Avalon Visionary debuted in 2012 as one of the Avalon Suite Ships. This exciting river boat cruises along Europe's most magnificent rivers and offers two decks of suites delivering an intimate setting, and featuring Avalon's Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows.
Avalon Visionary has a total number of 65 cabins (of which 2 Royal Suite, 51 Panorama Suite, 12 with non-opening windows) in 6 grades. MS Avalon Visionary ship's Panorama Suites are 30% larger than industry's standard, giving the opportunity to wake up each morning to the fresh breezes and enchanting scenery.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- 2x Royal Suites (R) - deck 3, size 300 ft2 / 28 m2.
- Panorama Suites - P (deck 3, x25), A (deck 2, x17) and B (deck 2, x8) - size 200 ft2 / 18,6 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (deck 1) - cat D (6), cat E (6) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
Exciting Avalon Visionary onboard amenities include free Wi-Fi access and complimentary Internet Corner, expanded Fitness Center, spacious Sky Deck with delightful Sky Bistro, shade system, premium lounge chairs and a whirlpool.
Avalon Visionary restaurants include: Visionary (dining room), Panorama Bistro, Sky Bistro (al-fresco). Avalon Visionary also has Panorama Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Visionary Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bar, Sky Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area).
Avalon Visionary cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), port taxes, flights, motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Visionary cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Visionary river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Visionary cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Visionary itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (12-nights cruising) "The Rhine and Moselle" are 13-days river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZRA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Basel (Southbound, code WARZ).
- (7-nights cruising) "Canals, Vineyards and Paris" are 10-days river cruises from Paris to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WRA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Paris (Southbound, code WAR). Departures from Amsterdam include disembarkation in Remich, followed by bus travel to Luxembourg or Metz, then high-speed train travel to Paris (luxury hotel package included / 1-night stay). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Remich to Amsterdam (code WRA0) and the reverse from Amsterdam to Remich (code WARO).
- (7-nights cruising) "Central European Experience" are 12-days river cruises from Paris to Prague (Eastbound, code WRN), and the reverse from Prague to Paris (Westbound, code WNR). The Eastbound route includes 1-night Paris luxury hotel package, TGV train (high speed train) travel from Paris to Metz or Luxembourg; followed by bus transfer to Remich (embarkation), Nuremberg (disembarkation) and bus transfer to Prague. The Westbound route includes bus transfer Prague to Nuremberg (embarkation), Remich (disembarkation), bus transfer Remich to Luxembourg or Metz, TGV train travel to Paris (luxury hotel stay for 2 nights). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Remich to Nuremberg (code WRNO) and the reverse from Nuremberg to Remich (code WNRO).
- (7-nights cruising) "Jewels of Central Europe" are 17-days river cruises from Paris to Budapest (Eastbound, code WRB), and 19-days the reverse from Budapest to Paris (Westbound, code WBR). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Remich to Budapest (code WRBO) and the reverse from Budapest to Remich (code WBRO).
- (7-nights cruising) "Magnificent Europe" are 15-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest (Eastbound, code WAB), and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WBA).
- (7-nights cruising) "The Blue Danube Discovery” are 13-days river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation, Westbound, code WBN). The reverse route is themed “The Legendary Danube”: (7-days sailing) 11-days river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WNB, Nuremberg embarkation). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Nuremberg to Budapest (code WNBO) and the reverse from Budapest to Nuremberg (code WBNO).
Avalon Visionary wiki
- The Avalon Visionary boat is the 3rd vessel in Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" class. Among the ship's best features are 2 full decks of Suite cabins (each with wall-to-wall sliding windows and French Balcony) and spacious and diverse public venues (each with full-length floor-ceiling windows).
- Each Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" is powered by two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (model C32 ACERT, total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP), plus an emergency diesel generator. The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with one azimuth thruster (at the bow) and a "Silent Drive System" (separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- The Avalon cruise ship Visionary was launched in 2012 on May 11. It was christened in Enkhuisen (Holland) by mrs Nicole Mazza - an employee /Chief Marketing Officer for TRAVELSAVERS (a retail chain of thousands independent full-service travel vacation agencies worldwide). The Visionary river boat was baptized in a double christening ceremony (the line's first one) - together with the Avalon Vista ship.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Avalon Visionary - user reviews and comments
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Visionary Itineraries
The below listed Avalon Visionary cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Avalon Waterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Apr 05||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time||Amsterdam||$2215|
|2019 Apr 12||7 days, one-way from Haarlem to Amsterdam||Haarlem||$2955|
|2019 Apr 19||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time||Amsterdam||$3516|
|2019 Apr 26||7 days, one-way from Haarlem to Amsterdam||Haarlem||$2185|
|2019 May 03||7 days, one-way from Haarlem to Amsterdam||Haarlem||$2253|
|2019 Jun 06||5 days, one-way from Budapest to Vienna||Budapest||$2402|
|2019 Jun 09||5 days, one-way from Vienna to Passau||Vienna||$2275|
|2019 Jul 03||5 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna||$1891|
|2019 Aug 29||5 days, one-way from Budapest to Vienna||Budapest||$2080|
|2019 Sep 01||5 days, one-way from Vienna to Passau||Vienna||$2496|
|2019 Sep 25||5 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna||$1898|
|2019 Dec 14||4 days, one-way from Wiesbaden to Basel||Wiesbaden||$1539|