Avalon Myanmar Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Myanmar
|Year built||2015 / Age : 4|
|Class||Irrawaddy river cruiser|
|Owner||Pandaw River Expeditions|
|Operator||Southeast Asia River Cruises (Avalon Waterways)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||61 m / 200 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||950 gt|
|Passengers||18 - 36|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of Avalon Myanmar
RV Avalon Myanmar boat cruises on Irrawaddy River in Myanmar (Burma), departing from Bangkok (Thailand) and Rangoon (aka Yangon, Burma). The vessel's sister-ships are named Avalon Saigon (2018, on the Mekong) and Avalon Siem Reap (2015, on the Mekong).
Avalon Myanmar cruise ship is part of Avalon Waterways cutting-edge Suite Ships. The Myanmar ship reflects the traditions of Burma while offering all the contemporary features one can expect. Carrying only 36 guests it offers an unrivaled small-ship experience ensuring guests engage the locals and feel their culture, together with the unique sights along the Irrawaddy.
Avalon Myanmar has a total number of 18 cabins (of which all are Avalon Suites / French Balcony staterooms) in 2 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to king-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), vanity /writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door wall-to-wall window), individual climate control, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water.
- Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- Suites size is 245 ft2 / 23 m2.
All passenger cabins have open-air balconies with floor-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows (width 4,3 m / 14 ft) with retractable screen systems and sliding doors (opening 2,7 m / 9 ft). In front of each private cabin balcony, there is a sitting area with love seat, low table, and chair. Comfort Collection Beds (custom-made) are another signature feature of the Avalon Waterways Mekong cruising experience.
There are plenty of spots to sit and relax - from the open-air observation lounge and spacious dining room to the air-conditioned Panorama Lounge and Sky Deck. The innovative design allows Avalon Myanmar to be the only ship to cruise the majestic Upper Irrawaddy throughout the season.
Avalon Myanmar restaurants include Myanmar (dining room). The ship also has Panorama Lounge & Bar, Observation Lounge (outdoor), Library, Spa (massage room), Gym, Sky Deck (shaded seating with loungers).
Avalon Myanmar cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all Burma tours and excursions (by expert local tour guides), all inside Burma flights and motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, replenished daily bottled water (also complimentary provided on all land excursions).
Avalon Myanmar river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways Asia cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers, and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
On Avalon Myanmar cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers. Avalon Myanmar cruises on Irrawaddy / Ayeyarwady river waterways of Burma (in our times known as Myanmar).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of all Avalon Myanmar itineraries officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- The "GOLDEN MYANMAR and the ALLURING IRRAWADDY" itinerary has all eight variations depending on departure port (Thailand or Burma) and the river direction.
- The Northbound Myanmar cruise from Yangon is a 14-days round-trip itinerary (10 days sailing, code WBK) with an included flight to Bagan (embarkation), disembarkation in Bhamo and return flight to Yangon.
- The reverse Southbound route (code WKB) includes flight from Yangon to Bhamo (embarkation), disembarkation in Bagan and flight to Yangon.
- The "Irrawaddy and Inle Lake" cruise itinerary is 16-days in length (10-days sailing). It offers a flight to Heho after the disembarkation in Bagan, bus transfer to the lake, a full-day cruising and excursion in the region, and the reverse bus transfer to Heho and flight to Yangon. Booking codes are Northbound (WBKY) and Southbound (WKBY).
- The "Burma and Thailand" river cruises are 17-days in length (10-days sailing) and offer one-way departures from Bangkok, Thailand. The itinerary starts with the flight to Bangkok (luxury hotel package included for a 3-night stay). The Bangkok touring program includes (Day 2) long boat cruise, and visiting the Grand Palace, and the temples Emerald Buddha, and Reclining Buddha. Day 3 is for free-time Bangkok shopping/touring, and Day 4 is for the flight transfer to Yangon, Burma. Booking codes are Northbound (WBKQ) and Southbound (WKBQ).
Avalon Myanmar - user reviews and comments
Photos of Avalon MyanmarAdd Photo
Avalon Myanmar ship related cruise news
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Myanmar Wiki
- The Avalon Myanmar ship is a newly built riverboat with a design very similar to (almost identical with) the Mekong River-based Avalon Siem Reap and Avalon Saigon. They were all specifically designed for Mekong and Irrawaddy river cruising. This river cruise ship features all "French Balcony" staterooms (in two Suite grades based on deck location). The ship's Suites feature large floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows.
- Irrawaddy (aka Ayeyarwady) flows north to south through Burma. It is the country's biggest and commercially most important waterway, connecting Myanmar through the Irrawaddy Delta with the Andaman Sea.
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with similar itineraries on Irrawaddy cruises in Burma are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaPura), Scenic (Aura) and Viking (Mandalay, Orient).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Avalon Myanmar User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review