Avalon Vista Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Vista
|Year built||2012 / Age : 6|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||Viso River Equity AG|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2775 gt|
|Passengers||84 - 166|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Vanessa Lee|
Review of Avalon Vista
MS Avalon Vista boat cruises on Danube, Main and Rhine Rivers departing from Amsterdam, Prague, Vienna, Nurnberg, Budapest and Frankfurt am Main.
Avalon Vista cruise ship was launched in 2012, and added to the unique offering of Avalon Suite Ships.
Avalon Vista has a total number of 84 cabins (of which 2 Royal Suite, 64 Vista Suite, 17 with non-opening windows) in 6 grades. Vista's two decks of suites all feature Wall-to-Wall windows transforming the living space into an Open-Air Balcony. Enjoy the fresh breeze from your comfortable suite. With 200 sq.feet, all Analon Cruises Panorama Suites are 30% larger than the standard in industry.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- 2x "Royal Suites" (cat RS) - deck 3, size 300 ft2 / 28 m2
- Vista Suites - cat P (x31, deck 3), A (x24, deck 2), B (x9, deck 2) - size 200 ft2 / 18,6 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms - D cat (x10, deck 1), E cat (x7, deck 1) - sizes 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
MS Avalon Vista ship onboard amenities include free Wi-Fi access and complimentary Internet Corner, expanded Fitness Center, spacious Sky Deck with delightful Sky Bistro, shade system, premium lounge chairs and a whirlpool.
Ship's restaurants include: Vista (dining room), Vista Bistro, Sky Bistro (al-fresco). MS Avalon Vista also has Vista Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Vista Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bar, Sky Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area).
Avalon Vista cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), port taxes, flights, motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Vista cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Vista river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Vista cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Vista itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (7-nights cruising) "Magnificent Europe" are 15-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest (Eastbound, code WAB), and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WBA).
- (7-nights cruising) "The Blue Danube Discovery” are 13-days river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation, Westbound, code WBN). The reverse route is themed “The Legendary Danube”: (7-days sailing) 11-days river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WNB, Nuremberg embarkation). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Nuremberg to Budapest (code WNBO) and the reverse from Budapest to Nuremberg (code WBNO).
- (12-nights cruising) "European Splendor” are 13-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Vienna (Eastbound, code WAV), and the reverse from Vienna to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WVA).
- (7-nights cruising) “Romantic Rhine” are 8-days river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Zurich (Southbound, code WAZ). “Cruising-Only” deals are from Amsterdam to Basel (code WAZ).
- (5-nights cruising) "Austrian Highlights and Bavaria” are 9-days river cruises from Munich to Vienna (Eastbound, code WPV), and the reverse from Vienna to Munich/Passau (Westbound, code WVP). Departures from Vienna include disembarkation in Passau, then bus travel to Munich (luxury hotel package included /2-night stay). "Cruising-Only” deals are from Vienna to Passau (code WVPO) and from Passau to Vienna (code WPVO).
- (10-nights cruising) "Blue Danube to the Black Sea” are 14-days river cruises from Bucharest to Vienna (Westbound, code WOV), and the reverse from Vienna to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WVO). There are also 16-days deals on cruises from Istanbul to Vienna (Westbound code WOVE) and from Vienna to Istanbul (Eastbound code WVOE), with a 3-night Istanbul luxury hotel package included in the fares. "Cruising-Only” deals are without the Bucharest-Vienna hotel packages (code WOVO).
- (22-nights cruising) "North Sea–Black Sea Cruise” are 24-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WA)), and the reverse from Bucharest to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WOA). The Eastbound route is also operated as 26-days cruise from Amsterdam to Istanbul (code WOAE), with 2-night luxury Istanbul hotel package included in the fares.
- The Avalon Vista ship also operates Holiday themed "Christmas Markets" river cruises from Frankfurt to Basel (Southbound, code WFZ), from Prague to Frankfurt (Westbound, code WNF, Nuremberg embarkation) and from Prague to Basel (Westbound, code WNZ, Nuremberg embarkation).
Avalon Vista wiki
- The Avalon Vista boat is the 2nd vessel in Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" class. Among the ship's best features are 2 full decks of Suite cabins (each with wall-to-wall sliding windows and French Balcony) and spacious and diverse public venues (each with full-length floor-ceiling windows).
- Each Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" is powered by two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (model C32 ACERT, total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP), plus an emergency diesel generator. The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with one azimuth thruster (at the bow) and a "Silent Drive System" (separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- The Vista ship's godmother is Mrs Vanessa Lee - Canadian travel specialist (President and CEO of Cruise Strategies Ltd).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Avalon Vista - user reviews and comments
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Vista Itineraries
The below listed Avalon Vista cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Avalon Waterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Mar 23||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time||Amsterdam||$1633|
|2019 Mar 30||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time||Amsterdam||$1696|
|2019 Apr 06||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time||Amsterdam||$1777|
|2019 Apr 13||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time||Amsterdam||$2208|
|2019 Apr 20||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time||Amsterdam||$2456|
|2019 Apr 27||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time||Amsterdam||$2593|