Avalon Imagery II Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Imagery II
|Year built||2016 / Age : 3|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Donau GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 130|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Artistry 2, Avalon Poetry 2, Avalon Tapestry 2, Avalon Tranquility 2, Avalon Visionary|
|Christened by||Judy Bailey|
Review of Avalon Imagery II
MS Avalon Imagery II boat cruises on Rhine River, departing from Amsterdam and Basel (Zurich).
Avalon Imagery II cruise ship is the next Avalon Waterways exciting Suite Ship introduced in 2016. Avalon Imagery II cruise ship provides the best way to see Europe and its most scenic rivers - Rhine, Main and Danube - from the comfort of this small river ship, where guests unpack once only and spend the rest of time enjoying architecture, diverse culture, amazing sights, and sumptuous cuisine, available only in Europe's historic cities.
Avalon Imagery II has a total number of 65 cabins (of which 2 Royal Suite, 51 Panorama Suite, 12 with non-opening windows) in 6 grades. This magnificent riverboat features the largest staterooms on European rivers today. Her rooms have premium bedding, large private bathrooms with full shower, well-stocked minibars, nightly turn-down service, Wi-Fi complimentary access, and much more.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- 2 Royal Suites (R) - deck 4, size 300 ft2 / 28 m2.
- Panorama Suites - P (deck 4, x25), A (deck 3, x17) and B (deck 3, x8) - size 200 ft2 / 18,6 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - D (6), E (6) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
Experience the ms Avalon Imagery II innovative attributes and amenities - the panoramic Sky Deck, bar, lounge, and a fitness center. Avalon Imagery II was created with passengers' comfort in mind as the Silent Drive System separates all ship's engines from guests, thus providing a more enjoyable and quieter river cruise experience.
Avalon Imagery II restaurants include Imagery (dining room), Panorama Bistro, Sky Bistro (al-fresco). Avalon Imagery 2 also has Panorama Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Imagery Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bar, Sky Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area).
Avalon Imagery II cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), port taxes, flights, motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Imagery 2 cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Imagery 2 river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers, and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Imagery 2 cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
River Cruise Itineraries
The list of the Avalon Imagery II itineraries as themes (officially announced by the Avalon Waterways lines) includes:
- Note: In brackets is the cruise itinerary code for booking.
- 7-night "Romantic Rhine" cruise – from Amsterdam to Basel (Southbound, code WAZ) and from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZA).
- On WAZ, embarkation is in Amsterdam, with Day 2 offering Amsterdam canal cruise on Avalon Imagery 2 boat. Day 3 is for Cologne (2 options - guided city walk tour or Jewish Heritage themed walk tour). Day 4 is for Koblenz, Rhine Gorge cruising and Rudesheim (Koblenz guided sightseeing tour, and the Rudesheim's Musical Instrument Museum). Day 5 is Mainz. (coach travel excursion to Heidelberg (guided walk tour, Gutenberg Museum, Heidelberg; castle, Great Vat). Day 6 is for Strasbourg (guided sightseeing tour, La Petite France district, cathedral; woodcarving demonstration on the Imagery 2 ship). Day 7 is for Breisach (Black Forest excursion - visiting the outdoor museum or local woodcarving workshop). Day 8 is for the Basel disembarkation, with optional bus travel to Zurich (hotel packages are also optional).
- On WZA, embarkation is in Basel (bus travel transfer from Zurich is included, with optional hotel package offered).
Avalon Imagery II - user reviews and comments
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Imagery II Wiki
- The Avalon Imagery II ship is the 4th vessel in Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" class. Among the ship's best features are 2 full decks of Suite cabins (each with wall-to-wall sliding windows and French Balcony) and spacious and diverse public venues (each with full-length floor-ceiling windows).
- Each Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" is powered by two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (model C32 ACERT, total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP), plus an emergency diesel generator. The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with one azimuth thruster (at the bow) and a "Silent Drive System" (separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Avalon Imagery II Itineraries
The below listed Avalon Imagery II cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Avalon Waterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Oct 24||14 days, one-way from Remich to Budapest||Remich||$3537|
|2019 Dec 04||9 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$2152|
|2019 Dec 04||18 days, one-way from Budapest to Basel||Budapest||$4602|
|2019 Dec 04||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Wiesbaden||Budapest||$3246|
|2019 Dec 09||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Wiesbaden||Nuremberg||$1445|
|2019 Dec 11||11 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Basel||Nuremberg||$2522|
|2019 Dec 16||4 days, one-way from Mainz to Basel||Mainz||$1258|
|2020 Apr 05||14 days, round-trip Grand Tulip Cruise of Holland & Belgium 2020||Amsterdam||$5971|
|2020 Apr 12||7 days, one-way from Brussels to Amsterdam||Brussels||$2379|
|2020 Apr 19||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Brussels||Amsterdam||$2191|
|2020 Apr 19||14 days, round-trip Grand Tulip Cruise of Holland & Belgium WWI Remembrance & History Cruise 2020||Amsterdam||$5509|
|2020 Apr 26||7 days, one-way from Brussels to Amsterdam||Brussels||$3251|
|2020 May 03||14 days, round-trip Grand Tulip Cruise of Holland & Belgium for Garden & Nature Lovers 2020||Amsterdam||$6203|
|2020 May 03||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Brussels||Amsterdam||$2618|
|2020 May 10||7 days, one-way from Brussels to Amsterdam||Brussels||$3301|
|2020 May 17||16 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$5835|
|2020 May 17||4 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Mainz||Amsterdam||$1328|
|2020 May 17||9 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Nuremberg||Amsterdam||$3222|
|2020 May 21||12 days, one-way from Mainz to Budapest||Mainz||$4472|
|2020 May 26||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg||$2823|
|2020 Jun 02||15 days, one-way from Budapest to Basel||Budapest||$5289|
|2020 Jun 02||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$2174|
|2020 Jun 09||8 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Basel||Nuremberg||$2671|
|2020 Jun 17||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$2674|
|2020 Jun 24||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Remich||Amsterdam||$2039|
|2020 Jul 01||14 days, one-way from Remich to Budapest||Remich||$5136|
|2020 Jul 01||7 days, one-way from Remich to Nuremberg||Remich||$2606|
|2020 Jul 08||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg||$2255|
|2020 Jul 15||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4878|
|2020 Jul 29||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Remich||Amsterdam||$1789|
|2020 Aug 05||14 days, one-way from Remich to Budapest||Remich||$4863|
|2020 Aug 05||7 days, one-way from Remich to Nuremberg||Remich||$2606|
|2020 Aug 12||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg||$2306|
|2020 Aug 19||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4946|
|2020 Sep 02||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Remich||Amsterdam||$2743|
|2020 Sep 09||14 days, one-way from Remich to Budapest||Remich||$5295|
|2020 Sep 09||7 days, one-way from Remich to Nuremberg||Remich||$2811|
|2020 Sep 16||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg||$2879|
|2020 Sep 23||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$5151|
|2020 Oct 14||14 days, one-way from Remich to Budapest||Remich||$4805|
|2020 Oct 14||7 days, one-way from Remich to Nuremberg||Remich||$2606|
|2020 Oct 21||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg||$2537|
|2020 Oct 28||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Deggendorf||Budapest||$2379|
|2020 Nov 04||7 days, one-way from Deggendorf to Budapest||Deggendorf||$2230|
|2020 Nov 11||3 days, one-way from Budapest to Vienna||Budapest||$1203|
|2020 Nov 22||3 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna||$941|
|2020 Nov 25||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$2481|
|2020 Nov 25||12 days, one-way from Budapest to Mainz||Budapest||$5310|
|2020 Nov 25||16 days, one-way from Budapest to Basel||Budapest||$7076|
|2020 Dec 02||5 days, one-way from Mainz to Nuremberg||Mainz||$2299|
|2020 Dec 02||9 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Basel||Nuremberg||$4064|
|2020 Dec 07||4 days, one-way from Mainz to Basel||Mainz||$1485|
|2020 Dec 11||4 days, one-way from Basel to Mainz||Basel||$1485|
|2020 Dec 11||9 days, one-way from Basel to Nuremberg||Basel||$2869|
|2020 Dec 15||5 days, one-way from Mainz to Nuremberg||Mainz||$1585|
Avalon Imagery II User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review