Avalon Imagery II current position
Current itinerary of Avalon Imagery II
Avalon Imagery II current cruise is 4 days, one-way from Basel to Frankfurt am Main. The itinerary starts on 03 Dec, 2023 and ends on 07 Dec, 2023.
Specifications of Avalon Imagery II
|Year of build||2016 / Age: 7|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 km/h / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 130|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Artistry 2, Avalon Poetry 2, Avalon Tapestry 2, Avalon Tranquility 2, Avalon Visionary|
|Christened by||Judy Bailey|
|Owner||MS Donau GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
Avalon Imagery II Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Dec 03||4 days, one-way from Basel to Frankfurt am Main||Basel|
|2023 Dec 03||9 days, one-way from Basel to Nuremberg||Basel|
|2023 Dec 07||5 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Nuremberg||Frankfurt am Main||$2488|
|2023 Dec 12||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg|
|2024 Apr 01||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time Cruise||Amsterdam||$2003|
|2024 Apr 08||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time Cruise||Amsterdam||$2427|
|2024 Apr 15||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Brussels||Amsterdam||$2353|
|2024 Apr 15||14 days, round-trip Grand Tulip Cruise of Holland Belgium||Amsterdam||$4874|
|2024 Apr 22||7 days, one-way from Brussels to Amsterdam||Brussels||$2353|
|2024 Apr 29||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Brussels||Amsterdam||$2428|
|2024 Apr 29||14 days, round-trip Grand Tulip Cruise of Holland Belgium||Amsterdam||$5547|
|2024 May 06||7 days, one-way from Brussels to Amsterdam||Brussels||$2602|
|2024 May 13||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam|
|2024 May 20||8 days, one-way from Basel to Nuremberg||Basel||$3141|
|2024 May 20||15 days, one-way from Basel to Budapest||Basel|
|2024 Jun 04||15 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$5377|
|2024 Jun 19||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4925|
|2024 Jul 03||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Deggendorf||Budapest||$2278|
|2024 Jul 10||7 days, one-way from Deggendorf to Budapest||Deggendorf||$2278|
|2024 Jul 17||15 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$5072|
|2024 Aug 01||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Remich||Amsterdam||$2352|
|2024 Aug 08||7 days, one-way from Remich to Amsterdam||Remich||$2203|
|2024 Aug 15||10 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$3583|
|2024 Aug 25||10 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$3370|
|2024 Sep 04||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$5175|
|2024 Sep 18||15 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$5452|
|2024 Oct 03||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Remich||Amsterdam||$2428|
|2024 Oct 10||7 days, one-way from Remich to Amsterdam||Remich||$2353|
|2024 Oct 17||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4775|
Avalon Imagery II Review
Review of Avalon Imagery II
MS Avalon Imagery II boat cruises on Rhine River, departing from Amsterdam and Basel (Zurich).
Avalon Imagery II cruise ship is the next Avalon Waterways exciting Suite Ship introduced in 2016. Avalon Imagery II cruise ship provides the best way to see Europe and its most scenic rivers - Rhine, Main and Danube - from the comfort of this small river ship, where guests unpack once only and spend the rest of time enjoying architecture, diverse culture, amazing sights, and sumptuous cuisine, available only in Europe's historic cities.
Avalon Imagery II has a total of 65 staterooms (of which 2 Royal Suite, 51 Panorama Suite, 12 with non-opening windows) in 6 grades. This magnificent riverboat features the largest staterooms on European rivers today. Her rooms have premium bedding, large private bathrooms with full shower, well-stocked minibars, nightly turn-down service, Wi-Fi complimentary access, and much more.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- 2 Royal Suites (R) - deck 4, size 300 ft2 / 28 m2.
- Panorama Suites - P (deck 4, x25), A (deck 3, x17) and B (deck 3, x8) - size 200 ft2 / 18,6 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - D (6), E (6) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
Experience the ms Avalon Imagery II innovative attributes and amenities - the panoramic Sky Deck, bar, lounge, and a fitness center. Avalon Imagery II was created with passengers' comfort in mind as the Silent Drive System separates all ship's engines from guests, thus providing a more enjoyable and quieter river cruise experience.
Avalon Imagery II restaurants include Imagery (dining room), Panorama Bistro, Sky Bistro (al-fresco). Avalon Imagery 2 also has Panorama Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Imagery Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bar, Sky Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area).
Avalon Imagery II cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), port taxes, flights, motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Imagery 2 cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Imagery 2 river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers, and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Imagery 2 cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
River Cruise Itineraries
The list of the Avalon Imagery II itineraries as themes (officially announced by the Avalon Waterways lines) includes:
- Note: In brackets is the cruise itinerary code for booking.
- 7-night "Romantic Rhine" cruise – from Amsterdam to Basel (Southbound, code WAZ) and from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZA).
- On WAZ, embarkation is in Amsterdam, with Day 2 offering Amsterdam canal cruise on Avalon Imagery 2 boat. Day 3 is for Cologne (2 options - guided city walk tour or Jewish Heritage themed walk tour). Day 4 is for Koblenz, Rhine Gorge cruising and Rudesheim (Koblenz guided sightseeing tour, and the Rudesheim's Musical Instrument Museum). Day 5 is Mainz. (coach travel excursion to Heidelberg (guided walk tour, Gutenberg Museum, Heidelberg; castle, Great Vat). Day 6 is for Strasbourg (guided sightseeing tour, La Petite France district, cathedral; woodcarving demonstration on the Imagery 2 ship). Day 7 is for Breisach (Black Forest excursion - visiting the outdoor museum or local woodcarving workshop). Day 8 is for the Basel disembarkation, with optional bus travel to Zurich (hotel packages are also optional).
- On WZA, embarkation is in Basel (bus travel transfer from Zurich is included, with optional hotel package offered).
Avalon Imagery II - user reviews and comments
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Imagery II Wiki
Avalon Imagery II ship (ENI number 02336343) is the 4th vessel of Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" class. Among its best features are 2 full decks of Suite cabins (each with wall-to-wall sliding windows and French Balcony) and spacious and diverse public venues (each with full-length floor-ceiling windows).
Each Avalon "Suite Ship" is powered by two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (model C32 ACERT, total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP), plus an emergency diesel generator. The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with one azimuth thruster (at the bow) and a "Silent Drive System" (separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.