Avalon Tranquility II Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Tranquility II
|Year built||2015 / Age : 4|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 130|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Artistry 2, Avalon Imagery 2, Avalon Poetry 2, Avalon Tapestry 2, Avalon Visionary|
|Christened by||Jann Arden|
Current itinerary / position of Avalon Tranquility II
Avalon Tranquility II current cruise is 14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest. Prices start from USD 4536 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 11 Oct, 2019 and ends on 25 Oct, 2019.All Itineraries Current Position
|Date / Time||Port|
|11 Oct||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland hotels|
|12 Oct||Amsterdam, Holland|
|13 Oct||Cologne, Koln, Germany|
|14 Oct||Rudesheim am Rhein, Germany|
|15 Oct||Miltenberg, Germany|
|16 Oct||Wurzburg, Germany|
|17 Oct||Volkach, Germany|
|18 Oct||Bamberg, Germany|
|19 Oct||Nuremberg, Germany|
|20 Oct||Regensburg, Germany|
|21 Oct||Passau, Germany|
|22 Oct||Melk, Austria|
|23 Oct||Vienna, Austria|
|24 Oct||Budapest, Hungary|
|25 Oct||Arriving in Budapest, Hungary hotels|
Review of Avalon Tranquility II
MS Avalon Tranquility II boat cruises on Rhine River in Germany, Holland, and Switzerland. There are also combined itineraries with a second ship cruising in France.
Avalon Tranquility 2 cruises along one of the most famous rivers in Europe - Rhine, featuring the Avalon lines' new spacious suites and top amenities. As one of the "Suite Ships", Tranquility 2 provides a splendid and relaxing atmosphere. See the most amazing landscapes from the Sky Deck, or have a drink in the lounge and watch the quaint villages and beautiful scenery passing by.
Avalon Tranquility II has a total number of 65 cabins (of which 2 Royal Suite, 51 Panorama Suite, 12 with non-opening windows) in 6 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water.
- Suites - 2x "Royal Suites" (cat S, deck 3, size 300 ft2 / 28 m2), and the "Panorama Suites" - cat P (25x, deck 3), cat A (17x, deck 2) and cat B (8x, deck 2) - all with sizes of 200 ft2 / 18,6 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (located on deck 1) - cat D (6x) and cat E (6x) - sizes 172 ft2 / 16 m2.
- Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
MS Avalon Tranquility 2 has some ground-breaking features as the dining room, casual bistro, and lounge located in the front of the ship for unimpeded views. Tranquility 2 navigational bridge is behind passengers section, thus creating the ship's spacious layout. The Silent Drive System helps separate the engines from guests for a more enjoyable and quieter voyage.
Avalon Tranquility II restaurants include Tranquility (dining room), Panorama Bistro, Sky Bistro (al-fresco). Avalon Tranquility 2 also has Panorama Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Tranquility Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bar, Sky Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area).
Avalon Tranquility II cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), port taxes, flights, motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Tranquility 2 cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Tranquility 2 river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers, and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Tranquility 2 cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Tranquility 2 itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (7-nights cruising) "Romantic Rhine" are 8-days river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Zurich (Southbound, code WAZ). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Amsterdam to Basel (code WAZ).
- (Two ships. 14-nights cruising) "Rhine and Rhone Revealed" are 16-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WAL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WLA). These are "back-to-back" river travel vacation deals combining the Tranquility's Saone and Rhone cruise with the "Romantic Rhine" itinerary route operated by the new Avalon Tranquility 2 ship. These Avalon Waterways deals feature as disembarkation/embarkation ports Basel, Chalon, and Arles, with included motorcoach transfer Basel-Beaune or the reverse.
Avalon Tranquility II wiki
- The Avalon Tranquility II boat is the 8th vessel in Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" class. Among the ship's best features are 2 full decks of Suite cabins (each with wall-to-wall sliding windows and French Balcony) and spacious and diverse public venues (each with full-length floor-ceiling windows).
- Each Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" is powered by two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (model C32 ACERT, total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP), plus an emergency diesel generator. The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with one azimuth thruster (at the bow) and a "Silent Drive System" (separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- The ship's godmother is Mrs. Jann Arden - a Canadian singer and songwriter.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Avalon Tranquility II - user reviews and comments
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Tranquility II Itineraries
The below listed Avalon Tranquility II cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Avalon Waterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Sep 27||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$5019|
|2019 Oct 11||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4536|
|2019 Oct 25||14 days, one-way from Budapest to Amsterdam||Budapest||$4331|
|2020 Apr 15||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time Cruise 2020||Amsterdam||$2204|
|2020 Apr 22||7 days, round-trip Tulips of Northern Holland 2020||Amsterdam||$2216|
|2020 Apr 29||7 days, round-trip Tulip Time Cruise 2020||Amsterdam||$1863|
|2020 May 06||7 days, round-trip Tulips of Northern Holland 2020||Amsterdam||$1719|
|2020 May 13||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$6263|
|2020 May 27||13 days, one-way from Budapest to Remich||Budapest||$4011|
|2020 May 27||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$2174|
|2020 Jun 03||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Remich||Nuremberg||$2073|
|2020 Jun 10||7 days, one-way from Remich to Amsterdam||Remich||$1890|
|2020 Jun 17||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3690|
|2020 Jul 01||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$1856|
|2020 Jul 01||13 days, one-way from Budapest to Remich||Budapest||$3613|
|2020 Jul 08||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Remich||Nuremberg||$1606|
|2020 Jul 15||7 days, one-way from Remich to Amsterdam||Remich||$1890|
|2020 Jul 22||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$3628|
|2020 Aug 05||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$1478|
|2020 Aug 05||13 days, one-way from Budapest to Remich||Budapest||$3609|
|2020 Aug 12||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Remich||Nuremberg||$1606|
|2020 Aug 19||7 days, one-way from Remich to Amsterdam||Remich||$1674|
|2020 Aug 26||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$5964|
|2020 Sep 09||13 days, one-way from Budapest to Remich||Budapest||$4307|
|2020 Sep 09||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$2654|
|2020 Sep 16||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Remich||Nuremberg||$2061|
|2020 Sep 23||7 days, one-way from Remich to Amsterdam||Remich||$1993|
|2020 Sep 30||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Budapest||Amsterdam||$4265|
|2020 Oct 14||13 days, one-way from Budapest to Remich||Budapest||$3772|
|2020 Oct 14||7 days, one-way from Budapest to Nuremberg||Budapest||$1856|
|2020 Oct 21||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Remich||Nuremberg||$1618|
|2020 Oct 28||7 days, one-way from Remich to Amsterdam||Remich||$1469|
|2020 Nov 04||7 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$2181|
|2020 Nov 30||4 days, one-way from Basel to Mainz||Basel||$1327|
|2020 Dec 09||5 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Mainz||Nuremberg||$1410|
|2020 Dec 09||9 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Basel||Nuremberg||$2374|
|2020 Dec 14||4 days, one-way from Mainz to Basel||Mainz||$1310|
Avalon Tranquility II User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review