Avalon Illumination Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Illumination
|Year built||2014 / Age : 4|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Donau GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2775 gt|
|Passengers||84 - 166|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Envision, Avalon Expression, Avalon Impression, Avalon Passion|
|Christened by||Deborah Hutton|
Review of Avalon Illumination
MS Avalon Illumination boat cruises on Main, Danube and Rhine Rivers departing from Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague, Passau, Istanbul, Bucharest and Budapest. The ship also offers flight-inclusive Black Sea river cruises with departures from Amsterdam, Vienna and Istanbul.
Avalon Illumination cruise ship debuts in 2014 as a part of Avalon Suite Ships fleet.
This beautiful vessel features two decks of Panorama Suites, all with panoramic Wall-to-Wall Windows which transform the space into Open-Air Balcony. MS Avalon Illumination ship's Panorama Suites with their vast 200 sq.feet free space, are more than 30 per cent larger than industry's standard suites, affording guests the opportunity to wake up facing the beautiful passing scenery.
Avalon Illumination has a total number of 84 cabins (of which 2 Royal Suite, 66 Panorama Suite, 16 with non-opening windows) in 6 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- 2x "Royal Suites" (RS) - deck 3, size 300 ft2 / 28 m2
- Panorama Suites - P (x33, deck 3), A (x23, deck 2), B (x9, deck 2) - size 200 ft2 / 18,6 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - D (x10, deck 1), E (6, deck 1) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
Some of the various onboard amenities include the alternative dining option in Panorama Bistro, light al fresco lunch at the Sky Bistro, expanded Fitness Center, spacious Sky Deck with a whirlpool and premium loungers, complimentary Wi-Fi access.
Avalon Illumination restaurants include: Illumination (dining room), Panorama Bistro, Sky Bistro (al-fresco). Avalon Illumination also has Panorama Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Illumination Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bar, Sky Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area).
Avalon Illumination cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), port taxes, flights, motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Illumination cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Illumination river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Illumination cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Illumination itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (7-nights cruising) "Magnificent Europe" are 15-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest (Eastbound, code WAB), and the reverse from Budapest to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WBA).
- (7-nights cruising) “The Blue Danube Discovery” are 13-days river cruises from Budapest to Prague (Nuremberg disembarkation, Westbound, code WBN). The reverse route is themed “The Legendary Danube”: (7-days sailing) 11-days river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WNB, Nuremberg embarkation)."Cruising-Only" deals are from Nuremberg to Budapest (code WNBO) and the reverse from Budapest to Nuremberg (code WBNO).
- (7-nights cruising) "Capitals of Central Europe" are 10-days Danube river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WPB), and the reverse from Budapest to Prague (Westbound, code WBP).Both itineraries include bus transfer Prague-Passau (embarkation/disembarkation) and visiting Bratislava."Cruising-Only" deals are from Passau to Budapest (code WPBO, non-inclusive of Prague hotel package).
- (3-nights cruising) "A Taste of the Danube" are 8-days river cruises from Vienna to Budapest (Eastbound, code WVB), and the reverse from Budapest to Vienna (Westbound, code WBV). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Budapest to Nuremberg (code WBVO, non-inclusive of Budapest hotel package).
- (13-nights cruising) "Grand Danube Cruise" are 18-days river cruises from Prague to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WNO), and the reverse from Bucharest to Prague (Westbound, code WON). Other booking options are with added Bucharest luxury hotel package (Westbound code WONE, Eastbound code WNOE) and the "Cruising-Only" deals from Nuremberg to Bucharest (code WONO).
- (22-nights cruising) "North Sea–Black Sea Cruise" are 24-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WA)), and the reverse from Bucharest to Amsterdam (Westbound, code WOA). The Eastbound route is also operated as 26-days cruise from Amsterdam to Istanbul (code WOAE), with a 2-night luxury Istanbul hotel package included in the Avalon deals.
- (10-nights cruising) "Blue Danube to the Black Sea" are 14-days river cruises from Bucharest to Vienna (Westbound, code WOV), and the reverse from Vienna to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WVO). There are also 16-days deals on cruises from Istanbul to Vienna (Westbound code WOVE) and from Vienna to Istanbul (Eastbound code WVOE), with a 3-night Istanbul luxury hotel package included in the fares. "Cruising-Only" deals are without the Bucharest-Vienna hotel packages (code WOVO).
- (6-nights cruising) "Balkan Discovery" are 10-days river cruises from Budapest to Bucharest (Eastbound, code WBO), and the reverse from Bucharest to Budapest (Eastbound, code WOB). Other booking options are with added Bucharest luxury hotel package (Westbound code WOBE, Eastbound code WBOE) and the "Cruising-Only" deals (code WOB0, non-inclusive of Bucharest-Budapest hotel packages).
Avalon Illumination wiki
- The Avalon Illumination boat is the 7th vessel in Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" class. Among the ship's best features are 2 full decks of Suite cabins (each with wall-to-wall sliding windows and French Balcony) and spacious and diverse public venues (each with full-length floor-ceiling windows).
- Each Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" is powered by two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (model C32 ACERT, total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP), plus an emergency diesel generator. The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with one azimuth thruster (at the bow) and a "Silent Drive System" (separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- The Avalon cruise ship Illumination was launched in 2014 on June 3rd. It was christened in Vienna (Austria) by mrs Deborah Hutton, a famous Australian media personality - TV series hostess, magazine editor ("Darwin Life"), homewares designer ("Kmart Australia"), also former ambassador for "Qantas Airways" and "MYER" (department store chain).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Avalon Illumination - user reviews and comments
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Illumination Itineraries
The below listed Avalon Illumination cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Avalon Waterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Nov 23||10 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg|
|2018 Dec 07||10 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg|
|2019 Apr 15||5 days, one-way from Vienna to Budapest||Vienna||$7|
|2019 Sep 07||10 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Budapest||Nuremberg||$2660|