Avalon Saigon Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Saigon
|Year built||2018 new ship|
|Class||Mekong river cruiser|
|Owner||Pandaw River Expeditions|
|Operator||Southeast Asia River Cruises (Avalon Waterways)|
|Speed||9 kn / 17 kph / 10 mph|
|Length (LOA)||60 m / 197 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||950 gt|
|Passengers||18 - 36|
|Decks with cabins||2|
Review of Avalon Saigon
RV Avalon Saigon boat cruises on Mekong River in Cambodia and Vietnam, departing from Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi (Vietnam), from Siem Reap (Cambodia), and with fly-cruise deals also from Bangkok (Thailand). The vessel's sister-ships are named Avalon Siem Reap (2018, on Mekong) and Avalon Myanmar (2015, on Irrawaddy).
Avalon Saigon cruise ship is part of Avalon Waterways cutting-edge Suite Ships. The ship offers all the modern features one could expect while retaining its colonial charm fitting to Cambodia and Vietnam. While the number of passengers may be small, this special boat was purposely built as long and wide as other vessels that carry twice as many travelers so that spaces are not crowded.
Avalon Saigon has a total number of 18 cabins (of which all are Avalon Suites / French Balcony staterooms) in 2 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to king-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), vanity /writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding doors with wall-to-wall window), individual climate control, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water.
- Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- Suites size is 245 ft2 / 23 m2.
There are plenty of spots to sit and relax - from the open-air observation lounge and spacious dining room to the air-conditioned Panorama Lounge. The smaller size makes the boat able to cruise on Mekong all the way from Siem Reap to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), eliminating hours of bus travel to or from the vessel.
Avalon Saigon restaurants include Saigon (dining room). The ship also has Panorama Lounge & Bar, Observation Lounge (outdoor), Library, Spa (massage room), Gym, SKy Deck (shaded seating with loungers).
Avalon Saigon cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all Vietnam-Cambodia tours and excursions (by expert local tour guides), all inside Burma flights and motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, replenished daily bottled water (also complimentary provided on all land excursions).
Avalon Saigon river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways Asia cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
On Avalon Saigon cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers. Avalon Saigon cruises on Mekong river waterways between Cambodia and Vietnam.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of all Avalon Saigon itineraries officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- The "FASCINATING VIETNAM, CAMBODIA and the MEKONG RIVER" itinerary has the impressive number of twenty variations, depending on departure port (Cambodia or Vietnam), the river direction (north or south).
- Part of the many options are also the Halong Bay cruise package, and the flight Bangkok to Laos for the Luang Prabang cruise package.
- The Northbound Mekong cruises from Saigon to Siem Reap, and the reverse from Siem Reap to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), are each 8-days in length (7 days sailing). They both feature embarkation in Saigon, which is a very rare option on luxury river travel vacations in the region.
Avalon Saigon wiki
- Avalon Saigon ship is a newly built riverboat specifically designed for Mekong river cruising. The ship's design is new for this region, featuring all "French Balcony" staterooms in two Suite categories (deck location based). All the Suites have large floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows. The smaller size makes this vessel the only one able to cruise on Mekong river all the way between Siem Reap and Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), thus eliminating many hours of bus travel to or from the ship.
- The other Avalon Waterways Asia ships are Avalon Myanmar (on Irrawaddy river in Burma and Thailand, departures from Bangkok and Rangoon/Yangon) and Avalon Siem Reap (on Mekong).
- Similar itineraries on Mekong river cruises in Cambodia and Vietnam operated by other major lines are offered on Viking Mekong, (AmaWaterways) AmaLotus and AmaDara, Uniworld River Orchid, Scenic Spirit, (Travelmarvel) La Marguerite, (CroisiEurope) Indochine and Indochine II.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.