Avalon Poetry II Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Poetry II
|Year built||2014 / Age : 5|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||Isiona River Equity AG|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 130|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Artistry 2, Avalon Imagery 2, Avalon Tapestry 2, Avalon Tranquility 2, Avalon Visionary|
|Christened by||Katherine Grainger|
Review of Avalon Poetry II
MS Avalon Poetry II boat cruises on Danube, Main and Rhine Rivers departing from Amsterdam, Prague, Paris, Budapest, Nurnberg and Remich.
Avalon Poetry II cruise ship is new to the European river waters and debuts in 2014, offering an intimate cruise setting.
Avalon Poetry II has a total number of 65 cabins (of which 2 Royal Suite, 51 Panorama Suite, 12 with non-opening windows) in 6 grades. Just like her sister Suite Ships, Avalon Artistry II, Avalon Tapestry II, Avalon Tranquility II and Avalon Visionary, the Avalon Poetry II provides two decks of suites with Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- Suites - 2x "Royal Suites" (cat S, deck 3, size 300 ft2 / 28 m2), and the "Panorama Suites" - cat P (25x, deck 3), cat A (17x, deck 2) and cat B (8x, deck 2) - all with sizes of 200 ft2 / 18,6 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (located on deck 1) - cat D (6x) and cat E (6x) - sizes 172 ft2 / 16 m2.
MS Avalon Poetry 2 onboard amenities include the alternative dining in Panorama Bistro, free Wi-Fi access and complimentary Internet Corner, expanded Fitness Center, spacious Sky Deck with a whirlpool, premium lounge chairs, and al fresco lunch at the Sky Bistro.
Avalon Poetry II restaurants include: Poetry (dining room), Panorama Bistro, Sky Bistro (al-fresco). Avalon Poetry 2 also has Panorama Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Poetry Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bar, Sky Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, deck games area).
Avalon Poetry II cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), port taxes, flights, motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Poetry 2 cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Poetry 2 river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Poetry 2 cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Poetry 2 itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (7-nights cruising) "Burgundy and Provence" are 11-days river cruises from Paris to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WCL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Paris (Northbound, code WLC). This itinerary includes TGV train (high-speed train) travel Paris-Dijon, embarkation on the Poetry 2 ship in Chalon (transfer from Beaune) or Arles (transfer from Cote d’Azur), and also Burgundy wine cruise tours included in the Avalon Waterways Poetry 2 tickets prices.
- (Two ships, 14-nights cruising) "Grand France" are 16-days Seine, Saone and Rhone river cruises from Paris to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WPL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Paris (Northbound, code WLP). These are "back-to-back" river travel vacation deals combining the Poetry's cruise on Saone and Rhone with the "Paris to Normandy's Landing Beaches" route operated by the Avalon Tapestry 2 ship. These Avalon Waterways deals offer embarkation and disembarkation in Paris, Chalon and Arles, with included TGV train travel Paris-Dijon or the reverse Dijon-Paris.
- (Two ships. 14-nights cruising) "Rhine and Rhone Revealed" are 16-days river cruises from Amsterdam to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WAL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WLA). This is another "back-to-back" cruise travel option combining the Poetry's Saone and Rhone cruise with the "Romantic Rhine" itinerary operated by the Avalon Tranquility 2 ship. These travel deals offer as disembarkation/embarkation ports Basel, Chalon and Arles, with included motorcoach transfer Basel-Beaune, or the reverse.
Avalon Poetry II wiki
- The Avalon Poetry II boat is the 8th vessel in Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" class. Among the ship's best features are 2 full decks of Suite cabins (each with wall-to-wall sliding windows and French Balcony) and spacious and diverse public venues (each with full-length floor-ceiling windows).
- Each Avalon Waterways "Suite Ship" is powered by two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (model C32 ACERT, total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP), plus an emergency diesel generator. The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with one azimuth thruster (at the bow) and a "Silent Drive System" (separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- Avalon Poetry 2 was launched in 2014 on March 22. It was christened in Dordrecht (Holland) by Drs Katherine Grainger - a British rower, "London Olympic 2012" Gold medalist, also 6-time World Champion and honorary of the "Most Excellent Order of the British Empire" (CBE). The Poetry 2 boat was christened in a joint ceremony - together with the Impression boat.
- On August 12, 2016, Katherine Grainger won a silver medal at 2016's Rio Olympic Games, making her the UK's most awarded Olympic player. Using the occasion, Avalon Waterways awarded her a free cruise.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Avalon Poetry II - user reviews and comments
Other Avalon Waterways cruise ships
Avalon Poetry II Itineraries
The below listed Avalon Poetry II cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Avalon Waterways fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Apr 09||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3075|
|2019 Apr 23||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3061|
|2019 May 07||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3138|
|2019 Jun 04||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3407|
|2019 Jun 18||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$4291|
|2019 Jul 16||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3215|
|2019 Jul 30||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3215|
|2019 Aug 27||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3215|
|2019 Sep 10||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3484|
|2019 Oct 08||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3138|
|2019 Oct 22||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$3022|
|2019 Nov 05||9 days, one-way from Paris to Arles||Paris||$2522|