Norwegian Epic deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Epic deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Epic cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Epic staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Epic (built 2010, last refurbished in 2015) was the largest among the Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – until the arrival of the company’s new Breakaway Plus class vessels NCL Escape (2015) and NCL Joy (2017, formerly Norwegian Bliss). The mighty NCL Epic ship belongs to an unique vessel class (no sisters by design) and is one of the Norwegian “Nickelodeon” ships – together with the new couple Breakaway and Getaway, and also Gem and Jewel.
Norwegian Epic cruise ship deck plan has a total of 2114 staterooms for 4228 passengers (max capacity is 5074 guests), served by 1404 crew/staff members. NCL Epic ship has a total of 20 onboard dining options (7 complimentary), with 20 lounges and bars, 6 swimming pools, 3 waterslides (including 1 bowlslide) and 9 jacuzzies, 16 elevators.
NCL Epic deck plan changes 2015 refurbishment review
Follows the list of deck plan changes after the 2015 drydock refurbishment (September 26 to October 11) done at the Damen shipyard in Marseille, France.
- A new club lounge was opened under the name “The Cavern Club”. The venue is via partnership with the original British club’s owners. It offers music inspired by “The Beatles” (live performances by international musicians).
- New evening entertainment options are also introduced at the ship’s theater (deck 5). Among those are the musical “Priscilla Queen of the Desert” and the Broadway-style dance show “Burn the Floor”.
- “Burn The Floor” show is also offered on the NCL newest ships Breakaway and Getaway. It is a ballroom dancing type of theatrical entertainment, with 14 professional dancers and 2 singers performing together with a live band.
- “Priscilla Queen Of The Desert” show is a musical type of comedy entertainment. The spectacle features numerous costumes, head-dresses and dancing classics, such as “It’s Raining Men”, “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”, etc.
- Extensive restaurant renovations were done to the Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse), Cagney’s (steakhouse), La Cucina (Italian), Le Bistro (French), Taste (dining room), Manhattan (dining room), Garden Cafe (buffet). Dining venues enhancements include new carpeting and decors, and their furniture was reupholstered.
- Major renovations were done to the Mandara Spa (deck 14), Bliss Ultra Lounge (promenade deck 7), Marketplace (lido deck 15), Epic Theater (deck 5), Casino (deck 6). The Haven Suite exclusive complex (decks 16-17) was updated with new furniture, lighting, wall covering, artworks.
- The list of new (redesigned) facilities include photo gallery (deck 5), library (deck 7), card room (deck 7) and the new SplashGolf (kids mini-golf course installed in the water park area on pool deck 15).
- Among the technical entertainments and upgrades are the new rudders (by Becker), new propeller caps, hull repainting (with a new type silicone paint improving fuel efficiency). General maintenance works affected the release systems of all service boats (lifeboats, tenders), thrusters, stabilizers, the cabin air-conditioning system.
NCL Epic cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line quadrupled its shipboard Wi-Fi bandwidth on all ships. The new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at open sea. The increased download and upload speeds allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures and videos, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), as well as checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites content (latest versions) and distributing it “off line”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal was also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games, on-demand movies) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity was also increased.
- Unlimited Internet packages were introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment.
NCL Epic Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Epic offers the following time plans (cruise ship Internet packages).
- Plan TPS60 (90 min) costs USD 39.
- Plan TP100 (100 min) costs USD 75.
- Plan TP250 (250 min) costs USD 125.
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 30 per day price (available on itineraries 1-12 days in length).
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 25 per day price (available on itineraries 13-days or longer).
Norwegian Epic deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.