Norwegian Getaway deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Getaway deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Getaway cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Getaway staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Getaway (built 2014) is the second of two Breakaway-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – together with NCL Breakaway (2013). The NCL Getaway ship, like her sister, is one of the Norwegian “Nickelodeon” ships – the list also has the Epic, Gem and Jewel NCL ships. The next generation Norwegian cruise ships are the two new Breakaway-Plus class vessels – NCL Escape (2015) and NCL Joy (2017, formerly Norwegian Bliss).
Norwegian Getaway cruise ship deck plan has a total of 2014 staterooms (15 types, 42 categories:) for 4028 passengers (max capacity 4819 guests), served by 1595 crew/staff. NCL Getaway ship has a total of 27 onboard dining options (9 complimentary), 22 lounges/bars, 3 swimming pools, 5 waterslides, 9 jacuzzies, 16 elevators.
NCL Getaway cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line quadrupled its shipboard Wi-Fi bandwidth on all ships. The new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at open sea. The increased download and upload speeds allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures and videos, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), as well as checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites content (latest versions) and distributing it “off line”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal was also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games, on-demand movies) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity was also increased.
- Unlimited Internet packages were introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment.
NCL Getaway Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Getaway offers the following time plans (cruise ship Internet packages).
- Plan TPS60 (90 min) costs USD 39.
- Plan TP100 (100 min) costs USD 75.
- Plan TP250 (250 min) costs USD 125.
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 30 per day price (available on itineraries 1-12 days in length).
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 25 per day price (available on itineraries 13-days or longer).
Norwegian Getaway deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.