Cape Town Cruise Port is part of one of the most beautiful world’s harbors. It is located at the Africa’s most southerly point, in Table Bay. When you approach Cape Town Cruise Port you will be amazed by the beauty of backdrop – the magnificent Table Mountain.
The cruise ship itinerary is busy all year round. Cape Town Cruise port is important embarkation and disembarkation port for relocating and around the world voyages. It is also called “The Fairest Cape.” Cape Town is the most popular tourist destination in Africa.
Highlights: Botanical Gardens, Castle of Good Hope, Table Mountain
Cape Town cruise terminal
Cape Town Cruise Port is operated by Transnet National Ports Authority. It is South Africa ‘s largest port authority and it operates 6 more major ports – Durban, Richards Bay, Port Elizabeth, East London, Saldanha and Mossel Bay.
Cape Town Cruise Port is located 120 nautical miles away from Cape Agulhas, direction northwest. Due to its strategical place on the route between the Dutch East Indies and Europe, it was of interest in the mid 17th century.
Currently, Cape Town Cruise Port is one of the most interesting ports of call in the world.
The Victoria and Alfred Basins operates smaller cruise ships. It used to be the main wharf of the original harbour of Cape Town.
Larger cruise ship use the Duncan Dock. It has multi-purpose terminals, repair quay and a dry dock.
You will need 10 minutes by car to reach the city center from Cape Town Cruise port. The second largest airport in Africa, Cape Town International Airport is 22 km away from the center. There are a lot of transport options to get to Cape Town Cruise Port – shuttle services, metered taxis and car rental services.
Cape Town tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Table Mountain: enjoy great view of Cape Town from 1076 m above the sea level. You can use a cable car or the Platteklip Gorge.
- Robben Island: UNESCO world heritage site, located 12 km away from Cape Town.you can catch a ferry from V&A Waterfront
- V&A Waterfront: you will find restaurants, boutiques, markets, entertainment all that surrounded by the Table Mountain.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens: discover the stunning beauty of the flora in the Western Cape.
- Boulders Beach (Penguin Colony): discover those marine birds in their natural environment.
- Cape Wine Routes: the region is famous with its wine from world-class. You will have the opportunity to tour the Cape Winelands and taste the wonderful flavors.
- West Coast National Park: discover local species of birds and wild flowers while looking at the ocean.
- Cape Whale Coast: explore the South Africa’s natural wonders. Watch whales and charming villages like Gansbaai and Hermanus.
- The Cango Caves: fissures with massive sizes extending to impressive depths.
- Montebello Craft and Design Centre
- St George’s Cathedral and Groote Kerk
- Amy Biehl Memorial
Hotels near Cape Town cruise port terminal
- Protea Hotel North Wharf
- Queen Victoria Hotel
- The Commodore Hotel
- Protea Hotel Victoria Junction
- Canal Quays Apartments
- Harbour Bridge Hotel & Suites
- Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
- Lawhill Apartments – V & A Waterfront
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge
- One&Only Cape Town
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel
- The Westin Cape Town
- The Portswood Hotel
- The Table Bay Hotel
- Taj Cape Town
- Cape Royale Luxury Hotel & Spa
- The Rockwell All Suite Hotel & Apartments
- Harbouredge Apartments
- Icon Luxury Apartments
- V&A Marina – Waterfront Apartments
The Cape Town cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Cape Town, South Africa.
If you lose the Cape Town location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Cape Town cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Cape Town, South Africa. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
4 November, 2016
12 November, 2016
16 November, 2016
3 November, 2016
9 November, 2016
15 November, 2016
30 November, 2016