Cruisers looking to explore the castles of the British Isles, fjords of Norway, beaches of Greece and flavors of Italy can choose from 6 Holland America ships to discover a variety of regions and ports on itineraries for 2020 Europe season.
In addition to transatlantic cruises to and from Europe, the vessels span the region on itineraries from 7 to 35 days, including the British Isles, Baltic, Iceland, Iberian Peninsula, French and Spanish rivieras, the Mediterranean and Northern Europe, including the North Cape and Norway. Istanbul is back on the schedule with 7 overnights, and ms Veendam offers a number of unique European itineraries.
Roundtrip sailings from a variety of ports make for a convenient vacation. Passengers can embark at Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Boston, Civitavecchia (Rome), Venice, Barcelona, and Copenhagen. Journeys also sail between Barcelona and Venice or Rome.
Holland America has scheduled overnights at 13 ports, including Antwerp, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Dublin, Funchal, Istanbul, Lisbon, Piraeus (Athens), Reykjavik, South Queensferry (Edinburgh), Saint Petersburg, Valletta and Venice.
Nearly every voyage can be combined with the itinerary coming before and after, thus allowing travelers to see more of Europe with a HAL Collectors’ Voyage. Ranging between 14-35 days, the longer journeys offer extra time so passengers can discover the history, culture and art of different European regions.
- Three ships of HAL offer voyages in Northern Europe between April and September, giving guests more ways to explore Norwegian fjords. Holland America’s newest ship, ms Nieuw Statendam, returns to Northern Europe on 7- and 14-day roundtrip cruises out of Amsterdam, while ms Rotterdam sails 7- and 14-day roundtrips from Rotterdam. The roundtrip 14- to 21-day itineraries from Amsterdam onboard ms Veendam allow for in-depth exploration of the region.
- When not in Norway, ms Nieuw Statendam cruises the Baltic, Mediterranean and Iberian Peninsula, while Rotterdam visits the British Isles, Baltic and Iberia, and ms Veendam features cruises to the British Isles, Baltic, Iceland, Iberia and Holy Land.
- In 2020, ms Zaandam sets sail on the 35-day Voyage of the Vikings cruise roundtrip from Boston, departing July 18. The ship visits 18 ports in Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Netherlands, Ireland, Canada and the U.S., making it easy to visit the continent without international air. Two shorter segments are available: 17-day from Boston to Amsterdam and 18-day from Amsterdam to Boston.
- Holland America’s Mediterranean voyages are anchored by ms Nieuw Amsterdam, which spends a full 2020 season in the region. The ship offers the popular 12-day Mediterranean Tapestry, Mediterranean Empires and Mediterranean Romance cruises to Italy, Greece and Turkey roundtrip from Venice or between Venice and Civitavecchia (Rome) or Barcelona, as well as 12-day Greek Odyssey and Adriatic Dream itineraries between Venice and Rome. MS Nieuw Amsterdam is joined by ms Zuiderdam from May through June 2020 on 12-day itineraries, followed by ms Nieuw Statendam and ms Veendam in September-October on cruises from 10 to 14 days. Nieuw Amsterdam, Veendam and Zuiderdam feature overnights in Istanbul and combined 14 overnights in Venice.
- The season aboard ms Veendam spans from April through October and offers longer European explorations ranging from 14 to 21 days to various regions. In addition to Norway, ship’s summer 2020 includes a European Rivers Explorer trip to Scheldt River, Gironde Estuary, Tagus River, and Holy Land itinerary to Croatia, Turkey, Greece and Israel, along with cruises to Iceland and Spitsbergen. A 19-day Viking Passage voyge in August and a number of transatlantic crossings between Fort Lauderdale FL and the Mediterranean or Northern Europe in spring and fall are also on offer. Ranging between 13-17 days, the transatlantic voyages feature 6 or 7 consecutive days at sea.
- The beauty of North Atlantic in summer is the highlight of Zuiderdam’s Viking Passage itinerary out of Copenhagen to New York. The ship visits picturesque ports in Norway, Greenland, Iceland and Canada, and retraces the route the Vikings that was sailed centuries ago.
Cruise fares for Holland America's Europe 2020 cruises start from a range of US$999 to US$4,799 per person, double occupancy. Fees, taxes and port expenses are additional.