Luftner Cruises fleet
Review of Luftner Cruises
"Amadeus River Cruises" is a brand of the German passenger shipping company Luftner Cruises (aka "Lueftner Cruises"). The company is based in Austria and ranked among the renown river cruisetour operators on the European waterways. Established by the Lüftner family (Martina Lueftner and Wolfgang Lueftner) this privately owned company operates first-class riverboats, most of which are "Amadeus"-named.
The "Amadeus" fleet operates along Belgian and Dutch rivers, also in France (Rhone, Saone) and up and down Main, Moselle, Danube and Rhine. In 2013, Seine River cruises entered for the first time the company's itinerary program.
- The highest standards for Luftner fleet afford comfortable river cruising with distinction - voyages focus on environmental and cultural awareness, outstanding service and Austrian hospitality.
- Partnered with the Atmosfair, climate protection group, and UN’s Green Globe, Luftner Cruises promotes voluntary passenger contributions, matching donations and environment-friendly tourism.
- Exclusive decor and furnishings are personally selected by Mrs.Lüftner to provide elegant surroundings with nice designer touches.
- Solid breakfast buffets, lunch and 5-course dinner table-service menus use fresh, all regional produce to showcase Austrian fine wine and gastronomy. Quality red and white wines are "free-flowing" and complimentary with every dinner onboard. Midnight snacks are also offered. During meals, live musicians play Viennese Schrammel folk music.
- From modestly chic interiors and precise itineraries to German-speaking crew, Austria's taste permeates all cruises. Onboard activities include oversized chess boards, walking tracks and shuffleboards, to keep passengers active during rare downtime.
- The spacious staterooms on each of Luftner Cruises' vessels are tastefully furnished and give passengers the feeling of staying in a sleek hotel room with adjustable air-conditioning, TV, telephone, and bathroom with WC and shower.
- Almost all the cabins feature large panoramic windows and French balconies, to afford incomparable views of the beautiful landscapes along the riverbanks.
- Compared with other river cruise lines that ply the same waters, Luftner Cruises offers an a la carte, more moderately priced cruising experience.
- Shore excursions can be individually purchased or bought as part of various packages (these cost less than booking excursions individually). While ashore, passengers can use the complimentary bicycles. All shore trips come with wireless audio guides.
- Fellow passengers are experiential-minded and value getting involved in authentic cruise experiences rather than passive touring. They are well-traveled, somewhat older (50-plus) and casual.
- Kids under the age of 12 cannot be accommodated. Luftner Cruises' ships have no special facilities or programs for children and have a strict policy to allow a limited number of passengers under 18, who have to be accompanied and share a stateroom with parent or legal guardian.
- Don't choose the cruise line if you have limited mobility or wish to bring your pet. Multilevel ships don't have lifts or crew availability for passengers with physical disabilities. No pets are allowed onboard.
Amadeus River Cruises 2019 voyages for millennial travelers
In 2019, Luftner launches a series of Amadeus River Cruises for millennial travelers. The 6-day itineraries are on Rhine, Rhone and Danube. Each voyage is hosted by a popular social media person and facilitates a themed program onboard. The programs are centered around trendy topics, such as healthy living, nutrition, diets, fitness.
The new voyages targeting younger passengers (under 30 yo) are via strategic partnership between Amadeus River Cruises and Zaven Global (US-based incentive travel and promotion company headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah).
- On each voyage, a celebrity influencer serves as host while sharing the cruisetour experience with her / his social media followers. The influencer also organizes a special onboard program focusing on trendy topics (nutrition, dieting, fitness, weight loss, healthy living, etc).
- By this project, onboard dining times and food menus were changed, as well as the types of tours and excursions ashore. Among the changes implemented were the open-seating dinner (your-time dining between 6-9 pm), various healthy food menu items, mobile apps available for millennial passengers (to plan their own excursions), yoga instructors on the ships (leading outdoor / Sun Deck lessons, also acting as lifestyle guides), themed onboard activities,
The marketing campaign started in Spring 2018 with a Rhone River cruise on Luftner's newest boat Amadeus Provence. The selected social media stars will become public once they start sharing their onboard experiences with millions of followers.
For millennial-generation cruise travelers were specifically designed the new-class ships Amadeus Queen (2018) and Amadeus Star (2019). Thes riverboats feature indoor swimming pool (located aft on Deck 3, with recessed outdoor sun deck) and the adjacent Amadeus Club (company's new "wine cellar bar" concept).
The following drone video shows the Amadeus Provence ship (launched 2017).
Amadeus River Cruises is the second river cruise company targeting younger clientele - after Uniworld. Uniworld's first millennial-focused voyages were scheduled for Spring 2018 with 2 riverboats operated under the new brand "U by Uniworld".
Itinerary of Luftner Cruises
- Amadeus Brilliant (2011) - 7-day and 14-day Danube cruises with departures from Passau Germany and Budapest Hungary
- Amadeus Diamond (2009) - 7-day Seine River cruises from Paris France
- Amadeus Elegant (2010) - 7-day and 14-day Danube and Rhine cruises from Passau Germany, Nuremberg Germany and Amsterdam Holland
- Amadeus Royal (2009) - 7-day Moselle and Rhine cruises from Amsterdam Holland and Basel Switzerland
- Amadeus Silver (2013) - 6-7--8-9-14-day Danube cruises from Passau Germany, Vienna Austria, Fetesti Romania and Budapest Hungary
- Amadeus Silver 2 (2015) - 7-day and 14-day Moselle, Rhine and Danube cruises from Passau Germany, Budapest Hungary, Basel Switzerland and Amsterdam Holland
- Amadeus Silver 3 (2016) - 7- and 9-day Moselle, Rhine and Danube cruises leaving from Vienna Austria, Fetesti Romania, Basel Switzerland and Amsterdam Holland
- Amadeus Provence (2017) - 7-day Rhone River cruises leaving roundtrip from Lyon France
- Amadeus Queen (2018) and Amadeus Star (2019) - 7-day and 14-day Rhine and Danube cruises leaving from Passau Germany, Nuremberg Germany, Budapest Hungary and Amsterdam Holland
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
Luftner Cruises related cruise news
Corina Luftner, daughter of company's founders Dr. Wolfgang Luftner and his wife, Martina, smashed the champagne bottle against the newest riverboat...April 5, 2018
Next year, Amadeus River Cruises is launching a series of voyages for millennial travelers. The 6-day cruises will sail on the Rhine, Rhone and...January 25, 2018
- show more news