Luftner Cruises fleet
Review of Luftner Cruises
The passenger shipping company Luftner Cruises (aka "Lueftner Cruises") is based in Austria and ranks among the well-known organizers of river cruising vacations on European waterways. Established by the Lüftner family - Martina Lueftner and Wolfgang Lueftner - this privately owned company operates first-class riverboats. Its stylish "Amadeus" fleet operates along Belgian and Dutch rivers, also in France (Rhone, Saone) and up and down Main, Moselle, Danube and Rhine. In 2013, Seine river cruises entered for the first time the company's itinerary program.
- The highest standards for Luftner fleet afford comfortable river cruising with distinction - voyages focus on environmental and cultural awareness, outstanding service and Austrian hospitality.
- Partnered with the Atmosfair, climate protection group, and UN’s Green Globe, Luftner Cruises promotes voluntary passenger contributions, matching donations and environment-friendly tourism.
- Exclusive decor and furnishings are personally selected by Mrs.Lüftner to provide elegant surroundings with nice designer touches.
- Solid breakfast buffets, lunch and 5-course dinner table-service menus use fresh, all regional produce to showcase Austrian fine wine and gastronomy. Quality red and white wines are "free-flowing" and complimentary with every dinner onboard. Midnight snacks are also offered. During meals, live musicians play Viennese Schrammel folk music.
- From modestly chic interiors and precise itineraries to German-speaking crew, Austria's taste permeates all cruises. Onboard activities include oversized chess boards, walking tracks and shuffleboards, to keep passengers active during rare downtime.
- The spacious staterooms on each of Luftner Cruises' vessels are tastefully furnished and give passengers the feeling of staying in a sleek hotel room with adjustable air-conditioning, TV, telephone, and bathroom with WC and shower.
- Almost all the cabins feature large panoramic windows and French balconies, to afford incomparable views of the beautiful landscapes along the riverbanks.
- Compared with other river cruise lines that ply the same waters, Luftner Cruises offers an a la carte, more moderately priced cruising experience.
- Shore excursions can be individually purchased or bought as part of various packages (these cost less than booking excursions individually). While ashore, passengers can use the complimentary bicycles. All shore trips come with wireless audio guides.
- Fellow passengers are experiential-minded and value getting involved in authentic cruise experiences rather than passive touring. They are well-traveled, somewhat older (50-plus) and casual.
- Kids under the age of 12 cannot be accommodated. Luftner Cruises' ships have no special facilities or programs for children and have a strict policy to allow a limited number of passengers under 18, who have to be accompanied and share a stateroom with parent or legal guardian.
- Don't choose the cruise line if you have limited mobility or wish to bring your pet. Multilevel ships don't have lifts or crew availability for passengers with physical disabilities. No pets are allowed onboard.
The following drone video shows the Amadeus Provence ship (launched 2017).
Itinerary of Luftner Cruises
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.