Norwegian Star deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Star deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Star cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Star staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Star cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1172 staterooms for 2344 passengers (max capacity is 2813 guests), served by 1084 crew/staff members. NCL Star ship has a total of 17 onboard dining options, with 10 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools and 7 jacuzzies, 8 elevators.
NCL Star deck plan changes 2015 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2015 drydock refurbishment (March 8 to 22) includes:
- (Deck 7) The Jimmy Buffet’s eatery now has the Five O’Clock Somewhere Bar.
- Cover charges were dropped for the Ginza (Asian) restaurant.
- Added were the O’Sheehan’s Pub (on deck 8) and the Sugarcane Mojito Bar (on deck 13).
- New digital signage boards (touch-screens) were installed throughout the ship.
- Renovations were done to the casino (deck 6), photo gallery (deck 7), pool deck (Lido deck 12).
- All public areas received new carpeting/flooring, and windows were replaced.
- (technical enhancements) - new hull painting, new scrubbers were added (by Green Tech Marine) reducing fuel/energy consumption. Upgraded were the ship’s tenderboat release systems. General maintenance works were done.
The list of deck plan changes after the 2010 refurbishment included:
- (Deck 6) the “SoHo Room” restaurant was renamed “La Cucina”.
- (Deck 7 – relocation of old venues) Photo Gallery, duty-free shops, Spinnaker lounge (from deck 12, the new Spinnaker is larger), new conference rooms
- (Deck 8) new restaurants were added – Moderno, and O’Sheehan’s.
- (Deck 12 changes) Public spaces were converted into Suites. The deck area where were located the old Spinnaker, Art Gallery and Meeting Rooms was converted – new 48 Suites were added, including 28 Penthouse Suites, with a new category suites added (Deluxe Owner’s Suite- SA, without a balcony, but with floor-to-ceiling slanted panoramic windows), new Family Suites and a new category Interior Rooms (IC). Also, the old cinema area was converted into 4 new conference rooms.
- Shipwide carpeting and cabins renovation.
NCL Star cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line quadrupled its shipboard Wi-Fi bandwidth on all ships. The new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at open sea. The increased download and upload speeds allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures and videos, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), as well as checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites content (latest versions) and distributing it “off line”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal was also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games, on-demand movies) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity was also increased.
- Unlimited Internet packages were introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment.
NCL Star Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Star offers the following time plans (cruise ship Internet packages).
- Plan TPS60 (90 min) costs USD 39.
- Plan TP100 (100 min) costs USD 75.
- Plan TP250 (250 min) costs USD 125.
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 30 per day price (available on itineraries 1-12 days in length).
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 25 per day price (available on itineraries 13-days or longer).
Norwegian Star deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.