Durban cruise port is the busiest South Africa port. The city is the third largest in the country, located on its northeastern coast of the Indian Ocean, on the Natal Bay. Durban cruise port is with increasing popularity for the cruise lines due to its great climate and amazing beaches. It is popular departure port and port of call, especially for around the world itineraries or relocation.
The city of Durban is home for nearly half a million people (as of 2007). It was discovered by the famous Vasco da Gama. The city is named after the governor of the Cape Colony in1835, Sir Benjamin d’Urban.
Highlights: Zulu country, Maigeni River, Botanical Gardens
Durban cruise terminal
Durban cruise port terminal is operated by Transnet National Ports Authority, the largest southern Africa port authority. They operate seven large ports in the region including also Cape Town, Richards Bay, East London, Mossel Bay, Saldanha and Port Elizabeth.
The passengers disembark at N Shed. As a Durban cruise terminal serves a warehouse that is covered partially. It serves in the period November – May and operates MSC Cruises.
The development plan for Durban cruise port includes the construction of a new terminal at A-berth, located in adjacent to Point Waterfront.
The city center is within 10 minutes walking distance from the terminal. Due to safety reasons is better to use a taxi. They are available at Durban cruise port.
The King Shaka International Airport is located at La Mercy, approximately 30 km from Durban cruise port terminal, direction North.
Durban tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Ushaka Marine World: one of the largest aquariums in the world. It is located on the south beach of Durban. It is great place for fun and education. There is a shipwreck-themed aquarium, the largest dolphin stadium in Africa (with 1 200 seats), penguin rookery, touch pool and snorkel reef.
- The Botanic Gardens of Durban: this is the longest surviving garden in Africa and the oldest public institution in Durban. The attraction is visited by more that 500,000 people per year. The visitors can see typical plants and arboretum with mixed trees from America, Asia and Africa.
- The Natural Science Museum of Durban: the museum is one of the most visited ones in Africa. The Durban Natural Science Museum displays the heritage of the area and in the world in general. The visitors can see dinosaur in its real size and educate at the interactive KwaZulu-Natal Science Centre.
- Beaches: the amazing beaches of Durban are popular with the name ”Durban’s Golden Mile.” They are beautiful, clean with golden sands and endless sun. The area offers facilities including fast food, changing rooms, lifeguards and shark nets.
- Victoria Indian Street Market: interesting place to visit. Discover the atmosphere of the Indians with temples, mosques, typical food and shops.
- Umgeni River Bird Park: the park is home of more than 3,000 types of exotic birds. You will also see four amazing waterfalls.
The Durban cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Durban, South Africa.
If you lose the Durban location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Durban cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Durban, South Africa. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 December, 2017
3 December, 2017
4 December, 2017
8 December, 2017
11 December, 2017
15 December, 2017
18 December, 2017
26 December, 2017
28 December, 2017
30 December, 2017
31 December, 2017
The recent arrival of international cruise ship MSC Sinfonia, at Port of Durban marked the official start of South African 2017-2018 cruise season...November 2, 2017
- show more news