ms Europa 2 Review and Specifications
Specifications of ms Europa 2
|Year built||2013 / Age : 5|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Building cost||USD 360 million|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||225 m / 738 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||42830 gt|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Dana Schweiger|
Current itinerary of ms Europa 2
ms Europa 2 current cruise is 12 days, one-way from Hamburg to Lisbon. Prices start from USD 6690 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 19 Sep, 2018 and ends on 01 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|19 Sep||Departing from Hamburg, Germany|
|21 Sep 08:00 - 21 Sep||Amsterdam, Holland|
|23 Sep 09:00 - 19:00||Honfleur, France|
|24 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Saint-Malo, France|
|25 Sep 10:00 - 18:00||Brest, France|
|26 Sep 08:00 - 18:00||Belle Isle, Le Palais, France|
|27 Sep 10:00 - 21:00||Bordeaux, France|
|30 Sep 07:00 - 16:00||La Coruna, Spain|
|01 Oct||Arriving in Lisbon, Portugal|
Review of ms Europa 2
MS Europa 2 cruise ship is a top luxury vessel that entered service for Hapag-Lloyd Cruises in May 2013. In the company's history, this was the 5th ship named "Europa".
History - construction and ownership
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises (Kreuzfahrten) is Hamburg-based cruise company, subsidiary of Hapag-Lloyd AG (shipowner) - currently ranked world's 5th largest container shipping line in terms of fleet capacity. Until 2017, HL Cruises was fully-owned subsidiary of Europe's leading travel group TUI AG.
The 42,830-ton, 516-passenger cruise ms Europa 2 sails worldwide, specialized in family and golf themed cruises. Her best luxurious features, from all-balconied staterooms to onboard cooking school make passengers come back for their next vacation - obviously enjoying very much the Hapag-Lloyd's new ship top luxury cruise prices. The ratio crew-to-guest ensures the needed relaxation and comfort, guaranteed with 370 crew members. MS Europa 2 is Hapag-Lloyd's first cruise ship with both German and English being official languages onboard. This fact gives cruising experience real international flavour.
On May 10, 2013 the vessel was christened during the 824th Hamburg Port Anniversary. Europa 2 sailed on her 14-night maiden voyage from Hamburg on May 11, 2013.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Europa 2 itinerary program is based on around the world cruise deals to popular destinations, such as Transatlantic crossings, Caribbean, Baltic Sea, Mediterranean (French riviera and Italian ports), Asia, South Africa. The Europa 2 cruise ship offers all-inclusive deals, and is often ranked as the most expensive passenger ship in the world.
The 2017-2018 season will see ms Europa 2 call at 22 maiden ports and offer private land-based pre- and post-cruise programmes, as well as a new travel format IN2BALANCE, focusing on relaxation techniques of the Far East. For the first time, the 500-passenger Hapag-Lloyd Cruises luxury ship will call at Port Canaveral, Messina, Puerto Chacabuco and Stanley (Falkland Islands).
In 2017, 3-time German Olympic champion Maria Hofl-Riesch offered special fitness sessions as ship's director of sports and fitness program.
MS Europa 2 has a total of 251 cabins (all of which Suites, with their own veranda) in 12 grades. The suites range in size from veranda suites up to owner suites at 1065 ft2 plus 160 ft2 balcony. There are also seven family apartments, each consisting of two living areas of 215 ft2 plus two 75 ft2. balconies. Europa 2 suites feature flat screen TVs, tablet PCs, portable telephones. Upon arrival, all guests enjoy a bottle of champagne in their suites, and free mini bar with soft drinks and beer. Grand Suite and the above have mini bars that contain high-quality spirits. Their guests benefit from complimentary butler service.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
A large number of seats are provided in each Europa 2 restaurants, and there are no set seatings, so passengers can eat whenever and wherever they want to. Restaurant Weltmeere is the largest onboard dining venue, at the stern of ship, serving highest level food. Other venues are Restaurant Elements serving Asian cuisines plus traditional Chinese dishes, Restaurant Tarragon with its French cuisine, and Restaurant Serenissima offering authentic Italian dishes. Yacht Club Restaurant surprises with a mix of dishes specially prepared for all guests by the chefs. Try alternatively Sushi Restaurant Sakura or reserve Speisezimmer for additional charge to celebrate special occasions, or dine with family. No fixed dress code is required onboard Europa 2 ship. For the evenings, better consider smart casual style recommended. Summer suit or a jacket for gentlemen would be appropriate, ties are not compulsory.
- Passengers onboard MS Europa 2 can enjoy a huge selection of quality spirits and wines: around 19,000 bottles of wine with around 450 cuvees (specific wine blends).
- The cruise ship has the biggest gin collection at sea - 37 different gins. The bar menu has 50 different cocktails, including 10 non-alcoholic.
- Champagne types are 24, with 12 different champagne wine brands.
- The ship's sommelier (wine steward, knowledgeable professional) organizes in the evenings wine tastings in the Grande Reserve. During these special events, he combines various wines. Depending on cruise itineraries, often are added regional and local wines to the menu list.
- Wine tasting on MS Europa 2 costs EUR 80 per person.
- During gin tastingsonboard, passengers learn all about the drink – categories, origin, ingredients. Gin tastings usually offer sampling of 5 or 6 different gins.
- Cruise ticket prices are not inclusive of alcoholic drinks.
- Beverages on Europa 2 are reasonably priced. Quality wines prices start from EUR 17 per bottle. The most expensive wine is Romanée-Saint-Vivant (Burgundy France, 2008) priced EUR 1030 per bottle. Cocktails (like Mojito or Long Island Iced Tea) cost EUR 5,30. Draft beer prices start from EUR 1,60.
- Hapag-Lloyd's "onboard beverage credit" is the company's all-inclusive drink package (for both non-alcoholic and unlimited alcoholic drinks) priced at EUR 200 per person per cruise.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The 15-metre swimming pool is situated in an area with comfortable sun-loungers, enough in number for all passengers. The retractable roof covers entire pool area in bad weather. Ocean Spa offers a rich menu of treatments and separate area for hairdresser. Let be pampered by professional physiotherapists, medical masseuses, beauticians, and pedicurists.
Daytime activities provide exciting shore excursions led by expert guides. Maritime lectures for better insight to the visited regions are often offered. The two golf simulators offer a selection of the world’s top golf courses. On all Europa 2 cruises there are PGA professionals. Golf packages are available to purchase for playing different courses in call ports.
Other MS Europa 2 facilities include a library, auditorium-3D cinema, boutique, fitness area, shuffleboard, whirlpools and Culinary School (for additional charge). Kids are well catered for onboard, with Knopf Club (for ages 2-3), Kids’ Club (for ages 4-10), Teens’ Club (for ages 11-15). Kids up to 11 years old travel free when they share with full-paying adult. Those aged 12-15 have to pay £39 per night only. The Theatre offers spectacular shows, famous guest artists, and performances from ship’s band. The Jazz Club and 3D cinema are other amenities to choose from. Bars’ selection includes the quiet Herrenzimmer smoking lounge, and Sansibar disco - open until late at night for dancing to the DJ music. You can also choose the piano, wine and pool bars, or Belvedere.
ms Europa 2 wiki
- Europa 2 cruise ship is namesake to ms Europa, and the 5th vessel in the Hapag-Lloyd's cruise fleet. She was launched on July 6, 2012. On April 29, 2013, the ship was handed over to the HP company. It was christened on May 10, 2013, during the 824th Anniversary of the port of Hamburg.
- Europa 2 ship has a biological sewage treatment plant and seawater desalination facilities. Fuels that are used have a 0,1% max sulphur content while berthing in ports. It means the emissions are reduced by 93%. The vessel's hull is specially designed to cut down fuel consumption by 18%. The ship is equipped with SCR (selective catalytic reduction) system resulting in up to 95% less nitrogen emissions, in comparison to other liners.
- The Eastern Mediterranean itinerary May 14-24, 2016 (Istanbul to Piraeus Athens) was scheduled as "Surprise Cruise". All passengers were allowed to vote on where the ship will go and what ports to call across Turkey and Greece will visit, as only the ports of departure and arrival were fixed on the itinerary. During this special voyage, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises hosted onboard Europa 2 the first ever international circus arts festival. Live performances were scheduled for the German musician Roger Cicero. The ship's Captain (Christian van Zwamen) presented all passengers with a list of potential itinerary routes and ports, while a lecturer talked about the destinations' highlights. There were a total of 20 destinations to choose from, Six professsional circus artists performed an acrobatics show in the theater lounge on Deck 4. Cruise fares started from £GBP 3600 pp (early booking rates).
- In 2016 (October 24-November 6) MS Europa 2 visited Cuba for the first time. The 12-day itinerary (La Guaria Venezuela to Havana) stopped at the Cuban ports Havana, Santiago de Cuba, Cienfuegos, Isla de la Juventud, in addition to BVI, St Lucia, St Marteen, Jamaica, Aruba and Curacao. Prices started from EUR 10130 pp (USD 8870 / GBP 5550).
ms Europa 2 - user reviews and comments
Photos of ms Europa 2Add Photo
ms Europa 2 ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
During her 2nd scheduled docking period since her launch in 2013 at Blohm+Voss in Hamburg between September 13-27, 2017, the look, concept and...September 30, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises re-introduced its well known Summer Specials campaign to the international marketplace, applying to 5 Europa 2 Asia &...August 20, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises’ ms Europa 2 will visit Cuba for the first time on a couple of Caribbean voyages in October and November 2016. Cuban ports...May 3, 2016
- show more news
Other Hapag-Lloyd Cruises cruise ships
ms Europa 2 Itineraries
The below listed ms Europa 2 cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Hapag-Lloyd Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Jul 11||6 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Lisbon||Palma de Mallorca|
|2018 Jul 18||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Hamburg||Lisbon|
|2018 Jul 29||19 days, round-trip Hamburg - Hamburg (Hot springs in the cool north)||Hamburg|
|2018 Aug 18||2 days, one-way from Hamburg to Kiel||Hamburg|
|2018 Aug 20||11 days, one-way from Kiel to Hamburg||Kiel|
|2018 Sep 01||9 days, one-way from Hamburg to Dublin||Hamburg||$5290|
|2018 Sep 10||9 days, one-way from Dublin to Hamburg||Dublin||$5290|
|2018 Sep 19||12 days, one-way from Hamburg to Lisbon||Hamburg||$6690|
|2018 Oct 02||10 days, one-way from Lisbon to Las Palmas||Lisbon||$5890|
|2018 Oct 12||6 days, round-trip Gran Canaria - Gran Canaria (The volcanic world of the Canaries)||Las Palmas||$4290|
|2018 Oct 19||15 days, one-way from Las Palmas to Cape Town||Las Palmas||$7290|
|2018 Nov 04||12 days, one-way from Cape Town to Port Louis||Cape Town||$7190|
|2018 Nov 16||12 days, one-way from Port Louis to Colombo||Port Louis||$7790|
|2018 Nov 29||9 days, one-way from Colombo to Singapore||Colombo||$5690|
|2018 Dec 09||12 days, round-trip Singapore - Singapore (Every destination is a new horizon)||Singapore||$7790|
|2018 Dec 22||14 days, one-way from Singapore to Hong Kong||Singapore||$10990|
|2019 Jan 06||13 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Benoa||Hong Kong||$7990|
|2019 Jan 20||15 days, one-way from Benoa to Noumea||Benoa||$8541|
|2019 Feb 04||14 days, one-way from Noumea to Papeete||Noumea||$8826|
|2019 Feb 20||16 days, one-way from Papeete to Auckland||Papeete||$9016|
|2019 Mar 08||16 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$9396|
|2019 Mar 24||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Benoa||Sydney||$8446|
|2019 Jun 08||11 days, one-way from Colombo to Limassol||Colombo||$4456|
|2019 Jun 19||11 days, one-way from Limassol to Venice||Limassol||$6736|
|2019 Jul 01||11 days, one-way from Venice to Monte Carlo||Venice||$6736|
|2019 Jul 13||8 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Palma de Mallorca||Monte Carlo||$4741|
|2019 Jul 21||8 days, round-trip Mallorca - Mallorca (Fiesta meets savoir-vivre)||Palma de Mallorca||$4741|
|2019 Jul 29||8 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Lisbon||Palma de Mallorca||$5121|
|2019 Aug 07||11 days, one-way from Lisbon to Hamburg||Lisbon||$6261|
|2019 Aug 19||13 days, one-way from Hamburg to Kiel||Hamburg||$6831|
|2019 Sep 01||13 days, one-way from Kiel to Hamburg||Kiel||$6831|
|2019 Sep 28||11 days, one-way from Hamburg to Bilbao||Hamburg||$5691|
|2019 Oct 23||9 days, one-way from Lisbon to Santa Cruz de Tenerife||Lisbon||$4646|
|2019 Nov 01||7 days, round-trip Tenerife - Tenerife (The Canary Islands in depth)||Santa Cruz de Tenerife||$4266|
|2019 Nov 09||16 days, one-way from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Miami||Santa Cruz de Tenerife||$7116|
|2019 Nov 25||13 days, round-trip Miami - Miami (Flamingos, volcanoes and island romance)||Miami||$6926|
|2019 Dec 08||13 days, round-trip Miami - Miami (The ABC of the Caribbean)||Miami||$6831|
|2019 Dec 21||15 days, one-way from Miami to Progreso||Miami||$10631|
|2020 Jan 05||12 days, one-way from Progreso to Colon||Progreso||$6736|
|2020 Jan 17||13 days, one-way from Colon to Valparaiso||Colon||$6736|
|2020 Mar 07||12 days, one-way from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Barcelona||Santa Cruz de Tenerife||$6451|
|2020 Mar 20||7 days, one-way from Barcelona to Monte Carlo||Barcelona||$4171|
|2020 Mar 28||11 days, one-way from Monte Carlo to Civitavecchia||Monte Carlo||$5596|
|2020 Apr 07||16 days, one-way from Benoa to Hong Kong||Benoa||$7401|
|2020 Apr 22||15 nights / 16 days, one-way from Hong Kong to Tokyo||Hong Kong||$8218|
|2020 May 07||19 days, one-way from Tokyo to Singapore||Tokyo||$9491|
|2020 May 25||13 nights / 14 days, one-way from Singapore to Colombo||Singapore||$6546|
|2020 Oct 09||13 nights / 14 days, one-way from Bilbao to Lisbon||Bilbao||$6546|
|2021 Jan 29||20 days, one-way from Valparaiso to Rio de Janeiro||Valparaiso||$10441|
|2021 Feb 18||17 nights / 18 days, one-way from Rio de Janeiro to Santa Cruz de Tenerife||Rio de Janeiro||$7116|