Cannes is a port city located on the French Riviera, and a part of the department of Alpes-Maritimes. The city covers a total area of approx 19,62 km2 (7,58 ml2) and has a population of around 73,600 inhabitants (2012 census).
- The city's most famous event is the annual Film Festival. The second popular event is the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
- The economic environment of Cannes is based on business fairs, trade, tourism and aviation. Cannes features around 6,500 companies, of which 3,000 are artisans, service providers and traders. The port city hosts Cannes Mandelieu Space Center, headquarters of the first European satellite manufacturer, Thales Alenia Space.
- The Promenade de la Croisette is Cannes' waterfront avenue decorated with palm trees. It is popular for its picturesque beaches, cafes, restaurants and boutiques. The old town, Le Suquet, provides a magnificent view of La Croisette. The Chapel of St Anne and the fortified tower house Musee de la Castre. An outstanding building in the city of Cannes is also the Russian Orthodox church.
- Cannes cruise port serves as a gateway to other French Riviera resorts, like Nice. It is also a great stop on the way to Monte Carlo. The port welcomes cruise ships operated by major passenger shipping lines, including Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity, AIDA, Cunard, also the luxury cruise lines Azamara, Seabourn, Oceania, SeaDream Yacht Club, Windstar. The total number of cruise ship passengers to Cannes in 2012 was 339,155.
- The list of French Riviera (Cote d'Azur) ports also includes Antibes, Bandol, Cassis, Marseille, Sanary-sur-Mer, St Raphael, St Tropez, Toulon, Villefranche-sur-Mer (Nice) and Monte Carlo (Monaco).
Cannes cruise terminal
Cannes cruise port is a tender port as it is too small to accommodate larger-sized cruise vessels (except some mega yachts). Large ships anchor in the bay and via the ship's tender boats passengers are tendered ashore to the Old Port (Le Vieux Port).
The Cannes cruise ship terminal is new and offer all necessary facilities and modern amenities. You can reach the town walking or by taxi (rank is located in front the terminal building). There is a local bus service and the rate is one euro. The city can be explored via trolley (Le Train du Cinema). The closest stop to Cannes cruise port terminal is La Croisette.
Tourist information center is in Palais des Festivals, on the ground floor. The building is a few blocks from Cannes cruise port tender dock (1 Boulevard de la Croisette).
Cannes Airport is 10 minutes away., and Airport Nice Cote d’Azur is 1/2 hour from Cannes cruise port.
Cannes tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- La Croisette: the famous promenade curves around the seafront. Everything here will look beautiful to you. You can see the locals – hanging around with their families, tanned women, young people, rolerbladers, joggers and even clown. If you are here during the Cannnes Filn Festival, you will surely meet a few stars around.
- Palais des Festivals: you won’t be impressed by the building itself. The latest improvement of the building was the exterior change – now it is bright white, the backdrop for all celebrities’ photos.
- Musée de la Castre: located on Place de la Castre (atop Suquet Hill). The museum holds many different collection from archeological to musical. There is also an amazing view from the tower’s top (but you will need to climb 109 steps).
- Ile Ste-Marguérite: Ile Ste-Marguérite and Ile St-Honora are two amazing island located 15 minutes from Cannes cruise port. You can catch a ferry from Quai Laubeuf (old port’s western side). You can enjoy the air and the nature of those islands or visit Fort Royal (on Ile Ste-Marguérite).
Port Cannes cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Cannes, France Riviera. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|18 April, 2019|
|19 April, 2019|
|24 April, 2019|
|25 April, 2019|
|25 April, 2019|
|27 April, 2019|
|Mein Schiff 2||07:00||19:00|
The Cannes cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Cannes, France Riviera.
If you lose the Cannes location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.