Sanary-sur-Mer is a port town on the French Riviera (western Mediterranean) part of Var department )Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, southeastern France). The town covers an area of approx 19 km2 (7 ml2) and has population around 18,000. Sanary-sur-Mer is approx 13 km (8 ml) from Toulon and 49 km (30 ml) from Marseille. It can be reached by TGV train from Paris in less than 4 hours. During high season there are direct flights to Toulon from Oslo, Brussels, Rotterdam and London.
- During 16th century, a fishing village (Ollioules) was established here, clustered around medieval watchtower. The port was built and its harbor deepened in mid-16th century. As a tourist destination, the town underwent a major development in the 1980s.
- Sanary has a beautiful coastline with small cozy beaches. Unlike most small Mediterranean port towns, it is active the whole year-round.
- The regular Mistral (strong wind from Rhone Valley) brings gusts of wind up to 81 mph (130 kph). Strong wind makes Sanary one of French Riviera's best windsurfing destinations.
- Chapelle Notre-Dame-de-Pitie is a chapel created in 1560 and overlooking Sanary's bay.
- The French explorer-filmmaker-scientist Jacques Cousteau (1910-1997) had a house here - named Villa Baobab. He invented deep-sea diving equipment, which was created and developed around Sanary.
Port Sanary-sur-Mer cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Sanary-sur-Mer, France Riviera. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|16 April, 2019|
|22 April, 2019|
The Sanary-sur-Mer cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Sanary-sur-Mer, France Riviera.
If you lose the Sanary-sur-Mer location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.