Montreal cruise port welcomes over 47,000 passengers per year. The city in Quebec, Canada, is an unique mixture of old and new. The Old Montreal charms with its cobblestone narrow streets and its 17th century’s museum and monuments. Famous tradition and attraction, that dates from 1840, is the Gold-Headed Cane. It is given each year to the captain of the first liner that reaches the port without any stopover.
Montreal cruise port is included in the ship schedule of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Holland America Line, Silversea Cruises and Crystal Cruises.
Highlights: City architecture, Place d'Armes, Old Montreal
Montreal cruise terminal
Montreal cruise port terminal is located in Old Montreal on De la Commune Street. It is between the downtown Montreal and St Lawrence River. The largest cruise ship welcomed at Montreal cruise port is Aida Luna.
Iberville Passenger Terminal was awarded twice (two years in a row) as a Best Turnaround Port Operations by Dream World Cruise Destinations Magazine.
Montreal cruise port is 20 minutes from both the Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport and the Montreal Dorval International Airport. There are a lot of taxis available. Also Hertz, Avis and Nation have agencies for car rental.
Montreal is a really walk-able city. The major sightseeing are close to Montreal cruise port. For those who prefer there is a great public transportation system with bus service and metro. The other opportunity, typical for the city, is to rent a bike. There is a Montreal on Wheels office just in five minutes walking distance fro Montreal cruise port terminal.
Parking: at the Alexandra Pier.Rates: $10 per day (for 6 to 8 consecutive days).
New Montreal Cruise Terminal will be opened in May 2017. The new cruise ship terminal is currently under construction and will become the port's secondary terminal. The new, state-of-the-art facility (building cost $78 million) will operate alongside the temporary second terminal. It will have a direct grey-water connection and shorepower supply capabilities (to provide shoreside electrical power to a berthed cruise ship while the vessel's main and auxiliary engines are shut down). The terminal building will also serve as an event space on no-cruise sihp days, thus generating revenue the whole year-round.
Montreal tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Montreal Biosphere: dates from 1967. It was built for the World’s Fair. Now, it houses an environmental museum.
- Montreal Skyline: take a tour along St. Lawrence River and explore the amazing mixture of the impressive architecture in the Old Montreal and the modern skyline.
- Smoked Meat: try the giant sandwiches with smoked meat at the famous Schwartz’s Deli eatery.
- Montreal Museums: the biggest one is Château Ramezay. You will discovery the local history for 500 years.
- River Surfing: St. Lawrence River offers a few spots with standing waves.
- Atwater Market: the best place to find and taste local baked goods, cheese and fresh fish.
- Bixi Public Bikes: in Montreal biking is a very popular way of transportation. This is the most successful system for renting a bike in the world.
- Montreal Street Art: you will find interesting kinds of street art, graffiti and murals in every neighborhood in the city.
- Centaur Theatre: located in Old Montreal. It was and Old Stock Exchange Building. Now you can enjoy plays in English.
- Montreal Poutine: typical for French Canada snack for the night. It is French fries with gravuy and cheese curds.
- Habitat 67: dates from the 1960s. It is an amazing housing complex built by Moshe Safdie, a famous architect.
- Street Musicians: almost everywhere trough Place des Arts area.
- Notre-Dame Basilica: dates from 1829. The massive cathedral is a famous landmark.
- Rue Saint-Paul: the oldest street in Montreal
The Montreal cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
If you lose the Montreal location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Montreal cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
6 May, 2017
27 May, 2017
Canadian port cities anticipate an economic boost this summer from influx of cruise travellers attracted by low loonie and country's 150th...January 11, 2017
Regent Seven Seas Cruises canceled a Northwest Passage cruise that was scheduled to depart Alaska next summer. According to Northwest Passage...August 19, 2016
Montreal reported a record cruise season which closed last week with Regent Seven Seas Navigator departing on a 14-day voyage from Montreal to Miami...October 30, 2015
“AIDA is all fired up for Hamburg”. The AIDA fleet will promote Olympia 2024 all over the world. New York, New Orleans and...October 6, 2015
The FBI has taken over an investigation into how a woman fell from a cruise ship off Cape Ann (northeastern Massachusetts) Friday night (Sept 11) and...September 14, 2015
MS Maasdam has been stranded in Boston Harbor since Saturday, the Fourth of July. The cruise ship departed for Halifax on July 5, Sunday. Maasdam was...July 6, 2015
MS Saint Laurent ship collided with the concrete wall bumper of Eisenhower Lock on Saint Lawrence Seaway, June 18 (Thursday night). 19...June 21, 2015
Cruise and Maritime Voyages' ms Marco Polo is celebrating its half century with a couple of 50th anniversary voyages this summer. When CMV ...June 11, 2015
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) reported 60 passengers (5.27% of 1,138) aboard Holland Ameriaca's ms Maasdam were ill...May 2, 2015
Seabourn announced its schedule of voyages for the 2016 fall and 2017 winter seasons. The program features 28 unique itineraries, 104 departures of 7...April 21, 2015