Havre-Saint-Pierre is a port town in Quebec Canada, located in Cote-Nord region, on the northern bank of St Lawrence River, and along Route 138, approx 200 km (120 ml) east of Sept-Iles. The town has population around 4,000.
- Historically, the town's first inhabitants came from Magdalen Islands (Îles de la Madeleine) in the 19th century.
- Major geological features close to the town include Romaine River (to the north and west), l'Ile du Havre Island (approx 1 km offshore from the town), les Chutes Manitou (waterfall on Manitou River, to the west) and Anticosti Island (to the south, vissible on clear weather days).
- In 1857, a group of families from Magdalen Islands settled on the Esquimaux Point (Eskimo Point). The Parish was officially founded in 1872, when also the post office opened. In 1873 was incorporated the municipality. The city's name was changed from Esquimaux Point to Havre-Saint-Pierre in 1927. This was North Shore's largest town, until 1936 when surpassed by Baie-Comeau.
- Tourism a major contributor to the local economy as the town is close to the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve. The Park encompasses a large number of isles in Mingan Archipelago (Gulf of St Lawrence) and is famous for its unique diversity of floral and faunal species (including puffins and the Mingan Thistle), along with rare geological features (monoliths) found on many of its islands.
- Havre St Pierre is also popular vacation travel destination for sea fishing (largely of scallops, lobsters, snow crabs), while trout and salmon can be found in the lakes and rivers.
Port Havre-Saint-Pierre cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Havre-Saint-Pierre, Quebec Canada. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|3 July, 2019|
|17 July, 2019|
|31 July, 2019|
The Havre-Saint-Pierre cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Havre-Saint-Pierre, Quebec Canada.
If you lose the Havre-Saint-Pierre location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.