Papeete Cruise port is the main passengers port in French Polynesia. The port is located on the Island of Tahiti and it welcomes approximately two million tourist each year. That makes Papeete cruise port the fourth busiest of France. The high season is in the period June – August. Papeete cruise port is included in the ship schedule of cruise lines like Princess Cruises, Sliversea Cruises, Regent Cruises, Seabourn and Paul Gaugin Cruises. The Tahiti capital will charm you with its diversity and attractions. You will be amazed by museums, nature and people during your city tours or shore excursions.
Highlights: Gaugin Museum, mountains, waterfalls
Papeete cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Tahiti Island dock (anchor) at Papeete - port town on the northwestern coast. Papeete cruise ship terminal is located in Papeete Harbor at Port de Plaisance. The facility is constructed to accommodate up to four large-sized cruise vessels during the June -August high cruising season.
- The nearest airport is the Faa’s International Airport. You can get to the Papeete cruise port by a local vehicle.
- Taxis usually are not available between 8 PM and 6 AM. In this period you will have to pay rate up by 30%. The other way to reach Papeete Cruise port is by the “le truck“, local large bus service used by most of the locals. The fee is $2 for route in Papeete.
- The parking area in front the Papeete cruise port terminal is not very large but it has enough space.
At the moment you disembark at the capital of Tahiti, you are caught by the beauty of the area. Right next to the Papeete cruise port terminal is the Tourism office, so you will be guided to all city tours and shore excursions possibilities.
Papeete tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- The Lagoonarium: located seven miles away from Papeete, direction West. Explore the wonderful marine life from underneath.
- The Municipal Market: big area with fresh vegetables and fruits. Find and buy interesting Tahiti items – handcrafts, food or souvenirs. You can listen to native music during lunchtime or join the Sundays festivals.
- Point Venus: located six miles away from Papeete, direction East. It is romantic place known since 1769. this was the year when Captain James Cook observed the Venus transit across the sun. you spend great time at the beach, have a picnic or buy something from the souvenir and handcraft shops.
- Paul Gauguin Museum: reproductions of Paul Gauguin’s works
- Arahurahu Marae: explore this amazing religious site with its old temples and statues.
- Beaches: Sofitel Maeva Beach, Mahana Park, Paea, Taharuu.
- Moorea: don’t miss it if it is not in your cruise ship itinerary.
- Cathedral of Notre Dame de Papeete: consecrated since 1875 and renovated in 1987.
- Museum of Tahiti: located on former sacred “marae”. Discover the Polynesian history with its artifacts exhibitions
The Papeete cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Papeete, Tahiti Island, French Polynesia.
If you lose the Papeete location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Papeete cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Papeete, Tahiti Island, French Polynesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
5 January, 2017
6 January, 2017
15 January, 2017
22 January, 2017
23 January, 2017
26 January, 2017
29 January, 2017
3 January, 2017
13 January, 2017
14 January, 2017
21 January, 2017
24 January, 2017
25 January, 2017
28 January, 2017
A covered open-air pavilion opened on the wharf of Papetoai, tender port for cruise ships on Tahitian island of Moorea. Stallholders sell various...October 30, 2016
One of the joys of cruise vacations onboard Aranui 5, is the opportunity to immerse in Polynesian culture as the cruise ship docks at some of the...October 7, 2016
The Paul Gauguin cruise ship has been stuck in Bora Bora for the past several days due to propulsion issue, which interrupted vessel's ...August 17, 2016
The fourth ship of Viking Ocean Cruises, Viking Sun, will spend her maiden season sailing a 141-day world cruise visiting five continents – the...May 3, 2016
The regional representative in Australia & New Zealand for Aranui Cruises, Laurent Wong, announced that the 2017 itinerary program of the cargo...April 10, 2016
The brand new Aranui 5 passenger-freighter vessel arrived to her home port of Papeete, Tahiti. Aranui 5 is scheduled for an inaugural...November 20, 2015
Cruise and Maritime Voyages announced that line's 600-passenger ship Astor would return to Australia for her fourth season from 2016 October through...August 11, 2015