Riga cruise port is located on the banks of river Daugava, Latvia. It is fifteen kilometers from the Gulf of Riga. The city covers a total area of approx 324 km2 (125 ml2) and has a population of around 641,420 inhabitants (2017 census).
- Riga is the largest city and capital of Latvia. Daugava river has been a trade route since antiquity, as well as part of Vikings' Dvina-Dnieper route to Byzantium.
- Riga is among the key financial and economic centres of the Baltic States. About half of all the Latvian jobs are in Riga. The city generates over 50% of Latvia's GDP and half of the exports of the country. The largest exporters are in IT, wood products, food and beverage manufacturing, transport, metallurgy and pharmaceuticals.
- Riga Port is among the largest in the Baltics, handling a record 34M tons of cargo in 2011. It has potential for future growth via new port development on Krievu Sala. Another large industry in Riga is tourism.
- Riga cruise port is the gateway to the largest city of the Baltic area. The Freeport of Riga facilitates passenger and cargo traffic by sea. Sea ferries operated by Tallink connect Riga Passenger Terminal to Stockholm.
- The historic center of the city is listed as World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Riga cruise port attracts passengers with its sightseeing, active nightlife and a diversity of cuisine options.
- The Southern Bridge was the largest construction project in Baltic states in twenty years, with a purpose to reduce traffic congestion in the centre of the city.
- In 2016, Riga welcomed 2.3 million visitors. The city is served by Riga International Airport, the busiest and largest airport in the Baltic states. Riga is a member of the Union of the Baltic Cities (UBC), Union of Capitals of the European Union (UCEU) and Eurocities.
Highlights: Old Town, Rundale Palace, Cathedrals
Riga cruise terminal
Riga cruise port has three berths dedicated for cruise ships. Berths MK-3 and MK-4 have total length of 463 m and accommodate vessels up to 290 m. Berth JPS-1 can accommodate vessels up to 110 m.
It the three berths are busy, ships can dock at the ferry berth JPS-2. It is located in adjacent to JPS -1.
Riga cruise port terminal building is located next to the ferry berth. The terminal complies with ISPS and provides relevant services for safety and security.
Riga cruise port terminal is located on the Daugava River. The building offers only a cafe and change. The distance to Riga Old Town is only half a kilometer. You need 10 minutes to reach it. If you destination is Art Nouveau district, you should use taxi or local transportation service.
The taxi rank is located at Riga cruise port pier. The local transportation services include buses, trolleys and trams.
Riga tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Town Hall Square: there you will see a replica of the statue of the Patron saint of Riga, Roland, the town hall and the House of Blackheads. The square most beautiful around Christmas.
- Freedom Monument: famous landmark with a lot of symbols. The statue represent a woman who was robbed. She is atop a column and holds high three starts. Originally each star represented a Latvian religion (Lutheran, Catholic and Orthodox). During Soviet time, each time represented a Baltic country and the woman was Mother Russia.
- Central Market: grand market where you can buy almost everything.
- Powder Tower: a relic that remained from the medieval defensive system in Riga. Currently, it is a part of the Military Museum.
- Three Brothers: those are three buildings that date back in the 15, 17, and 18 centuries. They are the oldest stone building in Riga. One of the buildings is the home of the Museum of Architecture.
- St. Peter’s Church: located in the Old Town. The most amazing part is the tower.
The Riga cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Riga, Latvia.
If you lose the Riga location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Riga cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Riga, Latvia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
23 April, 2018