AIDAdiva Review and Specifications
Specifications of AIDAdiva
|Year built||2007 / Age : 12|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 315 million (USD 390 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||AIDA Kreuzfahrten (AIDA Cruises)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||251 m / 823 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||69203 gt|
|Passengers||2050 - 2500|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Christened by||Maria Galleski|
Current itinerary of AIDAdiva
AIDAdiva current cruise is 14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mittelamerika 1. The itinerary starts on 09 Mar, 2019 and ends on 23 Mar, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|09 Mar 22:00||Departing from La Romana, Dominican Republic|
|11 Mar 09:00 - 18:00||Fort-de-France, Martinique|
|12 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Pointe-a-Pitre, Grande-Terre Island, Guadeloupe|
|13 Mar 08:00 - 19:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|14 Mar 07:00 - 17:00||Tortola Island, Road Town, BVI|
|15 Mar 11:00 - 18:00||Samana, Dominican Republic|
|17 Mar 08:00 - 21:00||Montego Bay, Jamaica|
|19 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Puerto Limon, Costa Rica|
|20 Mar 06:00 - 17:00||Colon, Panama|
|21 Mar 11:00 - 18:00||Cartagena, Colombia|
|23 Mar 08:00||Arriving in La Romana, Dominican Republic|
Review of AIDAdiva
History - construction and ownership
AIDA Cruises is a Rostock-headquartered subsidiary company owned by Carnival Corporation. AIDA is Europe's largest German cruise line (followed by TUI) targeting younger and more active travellers. AIDA was founded in 1960 (as "Deutsche Seereederei") and in 2000 was acquired by P&O Princess Cruises, which merged with Carnival Corporation (shipowner) in 2003. AIDA's first World Cruise (AIDAcara) was in 2017-2018 (October-February) with 116-day roundtrip itinerary from Hamburg Germany.
The 69,203-ton, 2,050-passenger cruise ship AIDAdiva is the first ship of AIDA Kreuzfahrten’s new generation of ships. AIDA Diva debuted in Hamburg on April 20, 2007, with a fiery display and an opera-like ceremony. The renowned lighting designer Gert Hof created an impressive lighting show for the occasion. Specially composed music accompanied the cruise ship on its way. For godmother was chosen Maria Galleski - through special casting held in Hamburg.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, AIDA cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - the latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and facial expressions.
Cruise itinerary program
AIDAdiva itinerary program is based on Mediterranean cruises sailing out of Palma de Mallorca, Spain, Caribbean cruises from Barbados, Middle East cruises from Dubai, and Transatlantic relocation crossings.
Most AIDAdiva staterooms are 185-250-sq.foot Balcony rooms (480). There are a total of 1025 staterooms (of which 480 Balcony rooms, 186 Outside, 359 Inside) in 18 categories. The largest aboard AIDAdiva are the Deluxe Suites (935 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
AIDAdiva offers rich restaurants’ choice for her guests, such as Buffalo Steak Restaurant, the Rossini, the Markt-Restaurant, a sushi bar, Bella Vista (serving pizza & pasta 24-hours per day). The international buffet style “Weite Welt” serves Chinese to Scandinavian cuisine. AIDAdiva restaurants are open seating. The buffets give passengers the chance to try food from several countries. Good wines are available to try. The Markt buffet Restaurant is located on deck 9. It is self-service and has a diverse and rich buffet. There are no strict dress codes or fixed dining times. Basic beverages, including house wines and beer, are free of charge at the buffet restaurants. In addition, several beverage packages are available to buy at reduced rates.
Follows the complete list of AIDAdiva restaurants and food bars.
- Rossini (a speciality, dinner-only restaurant at surcharge, reservations required; offers waiter service and 6-course a-la-carte menu)
- Markt Restaurant (complimentary main dining room; self-service buffet restaurant with a variety of food stations and a small terrace)
- Bella Vista (Italian cuisine restaurant, complimentary, buffet-style dining, open 24 hours)
- Buffalo Steakhouse (American fare restaurant with a la carte menu; reservations required; at a surcharge)
- Weite Welt (Wide World complimentary buffet-style restaurant; has indoor/outdoor seating)
- Sushi Bar (Japanese restaurant at surcharge, reservations are required)
- Pizzeria Mare (Italian pizza restaurant; complimentary, self-service/buffet dining).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
AIDAdiva boasts a total of eleven bars and a casino. The ship is famous with her internet connectivity and her theatrium with a total floor area of 3,000m² (its stage can be reconfigured for different shows). SPA & Sports facilities include AIDAdiva SPA and fitness areas which are in a favourable location above the bridge. The ocean blue sky can be seen through the glass roof. This area provides palm trees, hammocks, cabana-style beds, and an enormous Jacuzzi. Volleyball, golf, squash, and many other sports are offered to AIDAdiva passengers as the finest amenities for recreation.
Follows the complete list of AIDAdiva lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Pier 3 Bar (coffee bar)
- Kids Club (AIDA Cruises kids program is complimentary, with supervised, age-appropriate activities: the 3 age groups include Seahorses for 3-6 yo, Dolphins for 7-9 yo and Sharks 10-11 yo; the Kids Club has an outdoor area with a paddling pool)
- Internet stations with printers (located in the Reception/Lobby area; Wi-Fi coverage is available shipwide, including in all guests rooms)
- Studio AIDA (TV studio, producing films related to ship's itinerary and activities, plus a radio program)
- AIDA Diva Bar (cocktail bar with live music)
- Theatrium (948-seat, 3-deck high; a combination of an Atrium and a theatre, with glass walls, a stage with dynamic platforms, and glass dome; hosts large-scale productions)
- Art Gallery (Kunstgalerie; sells original artworks of renowned art schools and German artists; hosts art auctions)
- AIDA Lounge (with 270-degree panoramic views and comfortable seating)
- The Library (Bibliotek; offers card and board games)
- AIDAdiva casino
- Cafe Mare (patisserie & speciality coffee bar)
- Vinotek (fine wines shop; offers sommelier service and wine tasting events)
- AIDA Bar (big-capacity lounge with panoramic windows)
- Photo Gallery & Shop (professional photo & video services, duty-free accessories and equipment; new feature are the photo kiosks with touch-screens /face-recognition system)
- AIDA Shop (duty-free merchandise at discount prices; the shopping arcade has a general store selling liquor and tobaccos, as well as small boutiques for jewellery, luxury watches, perfumes, brand fashion clothing, AIDA logo goods)
- Beauty Salon (Friseur; provides hairdresser, barber services, professional manicure/pedicure)
- Body & Soul Sports Fitness Centre (with a modern Gym and separate area for classes)
- Zen Lounge (relaxation room; hosts indoor classes)
- 4D Kino Cinemare (4D Cinema room)
- Time Out Bar (sports bar); Ocean Bar (outdoor cocktail bar)
- Blutenmeer (Blooming Sea flower shop)
- Sundeck area (served by the Beach Bar)
- Anytime Bar (Diskothek; ship’s disco & nightclub with DJ program and themed dance parties; during the day hosts organized dance classes)
- HYPE (teens club with supervised activities in two age groups – Orcas for 12 -13 yo and Teens 14 -17 yo; complimentary)
- Body & Soul SPA complex (Africa-themed, with Beauty Salon & Spa Reception, massages /treatments rooms, Wellness Suite, Wellness Oase, Aroma Sauna, Finish Sauna, Steam Room, relaxation room)
- Wellness Oase (Oasis, with a large whirlpool, hammocks, relaxation beds, decorated with palm trees and live plants)
- Wellness Suite (max 4 guests, rented for 4 hours; with its own veranda, Sauna, Whirlpool, luxury bath amenities)
- SPA Bar (complimentary fresh fruits, tea, wellness drinks)
- Sundeck / sunbathing area (Freibereich, located above the swimming pool; with loungers, served by the Pool Bar); the ship’s Top Deck is dedicated to Freikorperkultur / FKK Bereich nudist area with sun loungers)
- Sun Deck games area (Sonnendeck – Freibereich, with shuffleboard, giant chess, Boccia, backgammon, darts, table tennis)
- Videowand (outdoor theatre, with a big-size LED screen)
- Sports Deck area (Sportaussendeck with a combined sports court volleyball/basketball, Golf Cage, putting green area, golf simulator)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track
AIDAdiva 2015 refurbishment review
- New scrubber (filter) system - air pollution control units used to remove particulates and gases from the ship's exhaust stream.
- On the ship were carried out over 30 different upgrades and cosmetic repairs, including 12.000 m2 new carpeting.
- (deck 11) Beach Bar was renovated. Also here, the golf course area was redesigned.
- (deck 9) New shops were added.
- Body & Soul (spa and fitness) complex was upgraded with new training equipment.
- (deck 10) Photo Store now has 11 digital photo stations.
- Due to photo digitization, AIDA Cruises has reduced the company's total usage of chemicals and photo paper by 50%.
- AIDAdiva is the 4th liner operated by AIDA Kreutzfahrten. Vessel's construction included 55 steel blocks (450 tons each). The hull itself weighs 25000 tons. Ship's four diesel engines provide 50.000 hp of power.
- AIDA ship Diva was christened in Hamburg (April 20, 2007). A unique marine design feature is the combination of Atrium and Main Show facility into the glass-enclosed, three-deck-high Theatrium - which spreads over total area 3000 m2. The stage can be reconfigured and moved when necessary for different shows.
- AIDA Diva features a significant amount of space devoted to sports. A biking station and supply of bicycles are at hand to be used by passengers during shore excursions in ports of call. The fitness-spa area is just above the bridge and boasts a glass roof, palm trees, hammocks and cabana-style beds.
- The majority of AIDA cruise ship passengers are Germans and German-speaking Europeans (Austrians, Swiss), so the largely used onboard language is German. AIDA customers are young and active since older Germans choose among more traditional small ship cruise lines in Germany.
AIDAdiva - user reviews and comments
Photos of AIDAdivaAdd Photo
AIDAdiva ship related cruise news
Other AIDA Cruises cruise ships
The below listed AIDAdiva cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AIDA Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Feb 17||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mittelamerika 2||Montego Bay|
|2019 Feb 23||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mittelamerika 1||La Romana|
|2019 Mar 03||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mittelamerika 2||Montego Bay|
|2019 Mar 09||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mittelamerika 1||La Romana|
|2019 Mar 17||19 days, one-way from Montego Bay to Las Palmas||Montego Bay|
|2019 Mar 23||26 days, one-way from La Romana to Hamburg||La Romana|
|2019 Mar 23||13 days, one-way from La Romana to Las Palmas||La Romana|
|2019 Apr 05||13 days, one-way from Las Palmas to Hamburg||Las Palmas|
|2019 Apr 18||4 days, one-way from Hamburg to Warnemunde-Rostock||Hamburg|
|2019 Apr 22||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Warnemunde 3||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Apr 26||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Warnemunde 3||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Apr 30||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Warnemunde 3||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 May 04||7 days, round-trip Ostsee 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 May 11||7 days, round-trip Ostsee 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 May 18||7 days, round-trip Ostsee 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 May 25||7 days, round-trip Ostsee 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jun 01||14 days, round-trip Norwegen & Danemark 3||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jun 01||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4 Ab Warnemunde||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jun 08||7 days, round-trip Skandinavische Stadte 2||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jun 15||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4 Ab Warnemunde||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jun 22||14 days, round-trip Norwegen & Danemark 3||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jun 22||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4 Ab Warnemunde||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jun 29||7 days, round-trip Skandinavische Stadte 4||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jul 06||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4 Ab Warnemunde||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jul 13||7 days, round-trip Ostsee 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jul 20||7 days, round-trip Skandinavische Stadte 2||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Jul 27||7 days, round-trip Ostsee 1||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Aug 03||14 days, round-trip Norwegen & Danemark 3||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Aug 03||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4 Ab Warnemunde||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Aug 10||7 days, round-trip Skandinavische Stadte 4||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Aug 17||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4 Ab Warnemunde||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Aug 24||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4 Ab Warnemunde||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Aug 31||5 days, round-trip Schweden & Danemark||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Sep 05||28 days, one-way from Warnemunde-Rostock to Montreal||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Sep 05||18 days, one-way from Warnemunde-Rostock to New York||Warnemunde-Rostock|
|2019 Sep 23||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York|
|2019 Oct 03||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal|
|2019 Oct 13||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York|
|2019 Oct 23||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal|
|2019 Nov 02||22 days, one-way from New York to Montego Bay||New York|
|2019 Nov 02||14 days, one-way from New York to La Romana||New York|
|2019 Nov 16||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 1||La Romana|
|2019 Nov 24||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 2||Montego Bay|
|2019 Nov 30||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 1||La Romana|
|2019 Dec 08||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 2||Montego Bay|
|2019 Dec 14||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 1||La Romana|
|2019 Dec 22||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 2||Montego Bay|
|2019 Dec 28||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 1||La Romana|
|2020 Jan 05||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 2||Montego Bay|
|2020 Jan 11||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 1||La Romana|
|2020 Jan 19||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 2||Montego Bay|
|2020 Jan 25||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 1||La Romana|
|2020 Feb 02||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 2||Montego Bay|
|2020 Feb 08||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 1||La Romana|
|2020 Feb 16||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 2||Montego Bay|
|2020 Feb 22||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 1||La Romana|
|2020 Mar 01||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 2||Montego Bay|
|2020 Mar 07||14 days, round-trip Karibik & Mexiko 1||La Romana|
|2020 Sep 21||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York|
|2020 Oct 01||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal|
|2020 Oct 11||10 days, one-way from New York to Montreal||New York|
|2020 Oct 21||10 days, one-way from Montreal to New York||Montreal|