AIDAbella Review and Specifications
Specifications of AIDAbella
|Year built||2008 / Age : 10|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 315 million (USD 390 million)|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||AIDA Kreuzfahrten (AIDA Cruises)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||251 m / 823 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||69203 gt|
|Passengers||2050 - 2500|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Christened by||Eva Padberg|
Current itinerary of AIDAbella
AIDAbella current cruise is 21 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Dubai. The itinerary starts on 11 Nov, 2018 and ends on 02 Dec, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|11 Nov 22:00||Departing from Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Spain|
|13 Nov 13:00 - 19:00||Valletta, Malta|
|15 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Katakolon, Olympia, Greece|
|16 Nov 10:00 - 19:00||Piraeus, Athens, Greece|
|17 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Heraklion, Crete, Greece|
|18 Nov 22:50 - 19 Nov 15:00||Suez Canal|
|20 Nov 14:30 - 21 Nov 18:00||Aqaba, Jordan|
|26 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||Salalah, Oman|
|28 Nov 08:00 - 19:00||Muscat, Oman|
|29 Nov 20:00 - 30 Nov 17:00||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|02 Dec||Arriving in Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE|
Review of AIDAbella
History - construction and ownership
AIDA Cruises is a Rostock-headquartered subsidiary company owned by Carnival Corporation. AIDA is Europe's largest German cruise line (followed by TUI) targeting younger and more active travelers. AIDA was founded in 1960 (as "Deutsche Seereederei") and in 2000 was acquired by P&O Princess Cruises, which in 2003 merged with Carnival Corporation (shipowner). AIDA's first World Cruise (AIDAcara) was in 2017-2018 (October-February) with 116-day roundtrip itinerary from Hamburg Germany.
The 69,203-ton, 2,500-passenger cruise ship AIDAbella features calm and casual atmosphere. The crew members speak German, as most of the passengers come from Germany. The old name of AIDABella was Seetours. Now the ship is owned by Costa Crociere (Carnival Corp.’s line) and operated by AIDA Kreutzfahrten.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, AIDA cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and face expressions.
Cruise itinerary program
AIDAbella itinerary program is based on Caribbean round-trip cruises from La Romana and Montego Bay. The ship also sails in Western Europe departing out of Amsterdam and Hamburg, as well as in Asia with voyages from Laem Chabang.
Most AIDAbella staterooms are 185-250 ft2 Balcony rooms (480). There are a total of 1025 staterooms (of which 480 Balcony rooms, 186 Outside, 359 Inside) in 18 categories. The largest aboard AIDAbella are the Deluxe Suites (935 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
AIDABella restaurants are open seating. Both of the buffets give passengers the chance to try food from several countries. Good wines are available to try. The Markt buffet Restaurant is located on deck 9. It is self-service and has a diverse and rich buffet. There are no strict dress codes or fixed dining times. Basic beverages, including house wines and beer, are free of charge at the buffet restaurants. In addition, several beverage packages are available to buy at reduced rates. The coffee bar is a calm place where you can try good coffee, meet a lot of new people, read your newspaper or magazine and have a good time.
Follows the complete list of AIDAbella restaurants and food bars.
- Rossini (specialty, dinner-only restaurant at surcharge, reservations required; offers waiter service and 6-course a-la-carte menu)
- Markt Restaurant (complimentary main dining room; self-service buffet restaurant with a variety of food stations and a small terrace)
- Bella Vista (Italian cuisine restaurant, complimentary, buffet-style dining, open 24 hours)
- Buffalo Steakhouse (American fare restaurant with a la carte menu; reservations required; at surcharge)
- Weite Welt (Wide World complimentary buffet-style restaurant; has indoor/outdoor seating)
- Sushi Bar (Japanese restaurant at surcharge, reservations are required)
- Pizzeria Mare (Italian pizza restaurant; complimentary, self-service/buffet dining).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
AIDABella offers first-class entertainment facilities including a glass-walled theater and 4D cinema. Guests may prefer the casino, try some table games and new sports, or just relax. A big swimming pool is there for those who enjoy swimming. Have a rest in the large sunbathing area. Try the modern fitness center to stay in good shape, or practice golf. Pamper in the SPA with relaxing massages and beauty treatments (spa treatments have extra fees).
Follows the complete list of AIDAbella lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Pier 3 Bar (coffee bar)
- Kids Club (AIDA Cruises kids program is complimentary, with supervised, age appropriate activities: the 3 age groups include Seahorses for 3-6 yo, Dolphins for 7-9 yo and Sharks 10-11 yo; the Kids Club has outdoor area with a paddling pool)
- Internet stations with printers (located in the Reception/Lobby area; Wi-Fi coverage is avaolable shipwide, including in all guests rooms)
- Studio AIDA (TV studio, producing films related to ship's itinerary and activities, plus a radio program)
- AIDA Bella Bar (cocktail bar with live music)
- Theatrium (948-seat, 3-deck high; a combination of an Atrium and a theater, with glass walls, stage with dynamic platforms, and glass dome; hosts large-scale productions)
- Art Gallery (Kunstgalerie; sells original artworks of renowned art schools and German artists; hosts art auctions)
- AIDA Lounge (with 270-degree panoramic views and comfortable seating)
- The Library (Bibliotek; offers card and board games)
- AIDAbella casino
- Cafe Mare (patisserie & specialty coffee bar)
- Vinotek (fine wines shop; offers sommelier service and wine tasting events)
- AIDA Bar (big-capacity lounge with panoramic windows)
- Photo Gallery & Shop (professional photo & video services, duty-free accessories and equipment; new feature are the photo kiosks with touch-screens /face-recognition system)
- AIDA Shop (duty-free merchandise at discount prices; the shopping arcade has a general store selling liquor and tobaccos, as well as small boutiques for jewelry, luxury watches, perfumes, brand fashion clothing, AIDA logo goods)
- Beauty Salon (Friseur; provides hairdresser, barber services, professional manicure/pedicure)
- Body & Soul Sport Fitness Centre (with a modern Gym and separate area for classes)
- Zen Lounge (relaxation room; hosts indoor classes)
- 4D Kino Cinemare (4D Cinema room)
- Time Out Bar (sports bar); Ocean Bar (outdoor cocktail bar)
- Blutenmeer (Blooming Sea flower shop)
- Sundeck area (served by the Beach Bar)
- Anytime Bar (Diskothek; ship’s disco & nightclub with DJ program and themed dance parties; during the day hosts organized dance classes)
- HYPE (teens club with supervised activities in two age groups – Orcas for 12 -13 yo and Teens 14 -17 yo; complimentary)
- Body & Soul SPA complex (Africa-themed, with Beauty Salon & Spa Reception, massages /treatments rooms, Wellness Suite, Wellness Oase, Aroma Sauna, Finish Sauna, Steam Room, relaxation room)
- Wellness Oase (Oasis, with a large whirlpool, hammocks, relaxation beds, decorated with palm trees and live plants)
- Wellness Suite (max 4 guests, rented for 4 hours; with its own veranda, Sauna, Whirlpool, luxury bath amenities)
- SPA Bar (complimentary fresh fruits, tea, wellness drinks)
- Sundeck / sunbathing area (Freibereich, located above the swimming pool; with loungers, served by the Pool Bar); the ship’s Top Deck is dedicated to Freikorperkultur / FKK Bereich nudist area with sunloungers)
- Sun Deck games area (Sonnendeck – Freibereich, with shuffleboard, giant chess, Boccia, backgammon, darts, table tennis)
- Videowand (outdoor theater, with a big-size LED screen)
- Sports Deck area (Sportaussendeck with a combined sports court volleyball/basketball, Golf Cage, putting green area, golf simulator)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track.
- AIDAbella is the 5th vessel operated by AIDA Kreutzfahrten. Ship's name was chosen via competition. In terms of construction and size, AIDAbella matches the sistership AIDAdiva, consisting of 55 steel blocks (450 tons each). The hull itself weighed 25000 tons. Ship's four diesel engines provide 50,000 hp.
- Ship's godmother is Eva Padbergwas - German fashion model. The name "Bella" was chosen after a competition. The vessel was christened on April 23, 2008, in Rostock-Warnemunde, Germany. Approximately 1400 guests attended the naming ceremony which included scenes from the musical "Avalon" performed by the Berlin Symphony Orchestra, as well as a specially written song performed by Volkan Baydar (from the Orange Blue pop duo).
- AIDA Bella ship offers a biking station and carries its own fleet of complimentary bicycles used by passengers on shore excursions in ports of call. A significant amount of space inside the ship is devoted to sports.
- Fun fact is that AIDAbella has a nude sunbathing area located top-deck (towards the rear). In the ship's center is positioned the circular and glass-walled Theatrium, also used as a nightclub.
- Onboard language is German, as the majority of AIDA cruise passengers are Germans and German-speaking Europeans (Austrians, Swiss). AIDA customers are young and active, so older Germans prefer more traditional brands on the German-speaking market.
- AIDA Bella was scheduled for deployment to Asia (in spring 2017) for round-trip cruises from China on an year-round basis with departures from Shanghai. However, in late September 2016 the company changed these plans and instead the ship will stay in the Western Mediterranean - due to the region's "strong demand". Starting May 2017, AIDAbella's itinerary program in Europe includes 7-day Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca round-trips. There are also new 10- and 11-day (Adriatic Sea) itineraries between Palma and Venice to port destinations in Italy, Malta, Greece and Croatia.
- Due to 2 months earlier lainch of AIDAperla, passengers booked on AIDAbella (itineraries between June 30 - August 26, 2017) were offered a chance to re-book to AIDAperla.
AIDAbella - user reviews and comments
Photos of AIDAbellaAdd Photo
AIDAbella ship related cruise news
Other AIDA Cruises cruise ships
The below listed AIDAbella cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest AIDA Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Oct 07||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4||Kiel|
|2018 Oct 14||14 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde & Ostsee||Kiel|
|2018 Oct 14||7 days, round-trip Ostsee Ab Kiel 4||Kiel|
|2018 Oct 21||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4||Kiel|
|2018 Oct 28||14 days, one-way from Kiel to Palma de Mallorca||Kiel|
|2018 Nov 11||21 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Dubai||Palma de Mallorca|
|2018 Dec 02||21 days, one-way from Dubai to Laem Chabang||Dubai|
|2018 Dec 23||15 days, round-trip Silvesterreise Nach Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur||Laem Chabang|
|2019 Jan 07||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 3||Laem Chabang|
|2019 Jan 21||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 2||Laem Chabang|
|2019 Feb 04||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 2||Laem Chabang|
|2019 Feb 18||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 3||Laem Chabang|
|2019 Mar 04||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 3||Laem Chabang|
|2019 Mar 18||14 days, one-way from Laem Chabang to Shanghai||Laem Chabang|
|2019 Apr 01||14 days, one-way from Shanghai to Singapore||Shanghai|
|2019 Apr 15||18 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore|
|2019 May 03||13 days, one-way from Dubai to Palma de Mallorca||Dubai|
|2019 May 16||13 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Kiel||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 May 29||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Kiel 2||Kiel|
|2019 Jun 02||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Lofoten & Nordkap||Kiel|
|2019 Jun 16||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Lofoten & Nordkap||Kiel|
|2019 Jun 30||14 days, round-trip Nordische Inseln Mit Island||Kiel|
|2019 Jul 14||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Lofoten & Nordkap||Kiel|
|2019 Jul 28||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Lofoten & Nordkap||Kiel|
|2019 Aug 11||14 days, round-trip Grosbritannien & Irland 4||Kiel|
|2019 Aug 25||7 days, round-trip Skandinavische Stadte 3||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 01||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Fjorde 4 Ab Kiel||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 08||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Kiel 2||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 12||3 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Kiel 1||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 15||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Kiel 2||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 19||3 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Kiel 1||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 22||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Kiel 2||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 26||3 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Kiel 1||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 29||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Ab Kiel 2||Kiel|
|2019 Oct 03||53 days, one-way from Kiel to Laem Chabang||Kiel|
|2019 Oct 03||13 days, one-way from Kiel to Palma de Mallorca||Kiel|
|2019 Oct 16||19 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Dubai||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Nov 04||21 days, one-way from Dubai to Laem Chabang||Dubai|
|2019 Nov 25||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 2||Laem Chabang|
|2019 Dec 09||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 3||Laem Chabang|
|2019 Dec 23||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 1||Laem Chabang|
|2020 Jan 06||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 3||Laem Chabang|
|2020 Jan 20||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 2||Laem Chabang|
|2020 Feb 03||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 3||Laem Chabang|
|2020 Feb 17||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia & Singapur 2||Laem Chabang|
|2020 Mar 02||46 days, one-way from Laem Chabang to Dubai||Laem Chabang|
|2020 Mar 02||14 days, one-way from Laem Chabang to Shanghai||Laem Chabang|
|2020 Mar 16||14 days, one-way from Shanghai to Singapore||Shanghai|
|2020 Mar 30||18 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore|