AIDAbella current position
Current itinerary of AIDAbella
AIDAbella current cruise is 13 days, round-trip Herbstliche Nordlichter Ab Hamburg 2. The itinerary starts on 02 Oct, 2022 and ends on 15 Oct, 2022.
|Date / Time||Port|
|02 Oct 18:00||Departing from Hamburg, Germany hotels|
|05 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Bodo, Norway|
|06 Oct 08:00 - 16:00||Narvik, Norway|
|07 Oct 19:00 - 08 Oct 18:00||Tromso, Norway|
|09 Oct 08:00 - 10 Oct 08:00||Alta, Norway|
|11 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Leknes-Gravdal, Vestvagoy Island, Lofoten Norway|
|12 Oct 13:00 - 18:00||Trondheim, Norway|
|13 Oct 07:00 - 13:00||Alesund, Norway|
|15 Oct 08:00||Arriving in Hamburg, Germany hotels|
Specifications of AIDAbella
|Year built||2008 / Age: 14|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Papenburg, Germany)|
|Building cost||EUR 315 million (USD 390 million)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||251 m / 823 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||69203 gt|
|Passengers||2050 - 2500|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Former names||MS Seetours|
|Christened by||Eva Padberg|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Operator||AIDA Kreuzfahrten (AIDA Cruises)|
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2022 Sep 18||14 days, one-way from Kiel to Hamburg||Kiel|
|2022 Oct 02||13 days, round-trip Herbstliche Nordlichter Ab Hamburg 2||Hamburg|
|2022 Oct 15||14 days, round-trip Herbstliche Nordlichter Ab Hamburg 1||Hamburg|
|2022 Oct 29||14 days, round-trip Herbstliche Nordlichter Ab Hamburg 1||Hamburg|
|2022 Nov 12||26 days, round-trip Grose Winterpause Kanaren 1||Hamburg|
|2022 Dec 08||43 days, round-trip Grose Winterpause Karibik 1||Hamburg|
|2023 Jan 20||44 days, round-trip Grose Winterpause Karibik 2||Hamburg|
|2023 Mar 05||21 days, round-trip Grose Winterpause Kanaren 2||Hamburg|
|2023 Mar 26||7 days, round-trip Norwegens Kuste Ab Hamburg 2||Hamburg|
|2023 Apr 02||9 days, round-trip Grosbritannien Norwegen Ab Hamburg||Hamburg|
|2023 Apr 26||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Nach Schottland||Hamburg|
|2023 Apr 30||14 days, one-way from Hamburg to Kiel||Hamburg|
|2023 May 14||14 days, round-trip Nordische Inseln Mit Island||Kiel|
|2023 May 28||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Lofoten Nordkap||Kiel|
|2023 Jun 11||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Lofoten Nordkap||Kiel|
|2023 Jun 25||14 days, round-trip Nordische Inseln Mit Island||Kiel|
|2023 Jul 09||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Lofoten Nordkap||Kiel|
|2023 Jul 23||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Lofoten Nordkap||Kiel|
|2023 Aug 06||14 days, round-trip Grosbritannien Irland||Kiel|
|2023 Aug 20||14 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Lofoten Nordkap||Kiel|
|2023 Sep 03||14 days, round-trip Herbstliche Nordlichter Ab Kiel||Kiel|
|2023 Sep 17||14 days, one-way from Kiel to Hamburg||Kiel|
|2023 Oct 01||10 days, one-way from Hamburg to Palma de Mallorca||Hamburg|
|2023 Oct 11||19 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Dubai||Palma de Mallorca|
|2023 Oct 30||21 days, one-way from Dubai to Laem Chabang||Dubai|
|2023 Nov 20||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia, Singapur Vietnam||Laem Chabang|
|2023 Dec 04||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia Singapur||Laem Chabang|
|2023 Dec 18||21 days, round-trip Feiertagsreise Vietnam, Philippinen Hongkong||Laem Chabang|
|2024 Jan 08||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia, Singapur Vietnam||Laem Chabang|
|2024 Jan 22||21 days, round-trip Thailand, Indonesien Singapur||Laem Chabang|
|2024 Feb 12||14 days, round-trip Thailand, Malaysia Singapur||Laem Chabang|
|2024 Feb 26||14 days, one-way from Laem Chabang to Shanghai||Laem Chabang|
|2024 Mar 11||21 days, one-way from Shanghai to Singapore||Shanghai|
|2024 Mar 11||36 days, one-way from Shanghai to Dubai||Shanghai|
|2024 Apr 01||15 days, one-way from Singapore to Dubai||Singapore|
|2024 Apr 16||15 days, one-way from Dubai to Palma de Mallorca||Dubai|
Review of AIDAbella
History - construction and ownership
AIDA Cruises is a Rostock-headquartered subsidiary company owned by Carnival Corporation. AIDA is Europe's largest German cruise line (followed by TUI) targeting younger and more active travelers. AIDA was founded in 1960 (as "Deutsche Seereederei") and in 2000 was acquired by P&O Princess Cruises, which merged with Carnival Corporation (shipowner) in 2003. AIDA's first World Cruise (AIDAcara) was in 2017-2018 (October-February) with 116-day roundtrip itinerary from Hamburg Germany.
The 2500-passenger ship AIDAbella was originally named "MS Seetours" and is currently managed by Costa Crociere and operated by AIDA Kreutzfahrten.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, AIDA cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - the latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and facial expressions.
Decks and Cabins
AIDAbella staterooms (1025 total, in 18 grades) include 16 Suites, 480 Balconies, 186 Oceanviews, and 359 Inside cabins. The largest accommodations are the Aft-Facing Deluxe Suites (sized 400-470 ft2 / 37-44 m2, with private sundecks/wraparound terraces sized 270-540 ft2 / 25-50 m2).
The boat has 13 decks, of which 11 are passenger-accessible and 6 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
AIDAbella restaurants are open seating. Both of the buffets give passengers the chance to try food from several countries. Good wines are available to try. The Markt buffet Restaurant is located on deck 9. It is self-service and has a diverse and rich buffet. There are no strict dress codes or fixed dining times. Basic beverages, including house wines and beer, are free of charge at the buffet restaurants. In addition, several beverage packages are available to buy at reduced rates. A coffee bar is a calm place where you can try good coffee, meet a lot of new people, read your newspaper or magazine and have a good time.
Follows the complete list of AIDAbella restaurants and food bars.
- Rossini (a speciality, dinner-only restaurant at surcharge, reservations required; offers waiter service and 6-course a-la-carte menu)
- Markt Restaurant (complimentary main dining room; self-service buffet restaurant with a variety of food stations and a small terrace)
- Bella Vista (Italian cuisine restaurant, complimentary, buffet-style dining, open 24 hours)
- Buffalo Steakhouse (American fare restaurant with a la carte menu; reservations required; at a surcharge)
- Weite Welt (Wide World complimentary buffet-style restaurant; has indoor/outdoor seating)
- Sushi Bar (Japanese restaurant at surcharge, reservations are required)
- Pizzeria Mare (Italian pizza restaurant; complimentary, self-service/buffet dining).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
AIDAbella offers first-class entertainment facilities including a glass-walled theatre and 4D cinema. Guests may prefer the casino, try some table games and new sports, or just relax. A big swimming pool is there for those who enjoy swimming. Have a rest in the large sunbathing area. Try the modern fitness centre to stay in good shape or practice golf. Pamper in the SPA with relaxing massages and beauty treatments (spa treatments have extra fees).
Follows the complete list of AIDAbella lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Pier 3 Bar (coffee bar)
- Kids Club (AIDA Cruises kids program is complimentary, with supervised, age-appropriate activities: the 3 age groups include Seahorses for 3-6 yo, Dolphins for 7-9 yo and Sharks 10-11 yo; the Kids Club has an outdoor area with a paddling pool)
- Internet stations with printers (located in the Reception/Lobby area; Wi-Fi coverage is available shipwide, including in all guests rooms)
- Studio AIDA (TV studio, producing films related to ship's itinerary and activities, plus a radio program)
- AIDA Bella Bar (cocktail bar with live music)
- Theatrium (948-seat, 3-deck high; a combination of an Atrium and a theatre, with glass walls, a stage with dynamic platforms, and glass dome; hosts large-scale productions)
- Art Gallery (Kunstgalerie; sells original artworks of renowned art schools and German artists; hosts art auctions)
- AIDA Lounge (with 270-degree panoramic views and comfortable seating)
- The Library (Bibliotek; offers card and board games)
- AIDAbella casino
- Cafe Mare (patisserie & speciality coffee bar)
- Vinotek (fine wines shop; offers sommelier service and wine tasting events)
- AIDA Bar (big-capacity lounge with panoramic windows)
- Photo Gallery & Shop (professional photo & video services, duty-free accessories and equipment; new feature are the photo kiosks with touch-screens /face-recognition system)
- AIDA Shop (duty-free merchandise at discount prices; the shopping arcade has a general store selling liquor and tobaccos, as well as small boutiques for jewellery, luxury watches, perfumes, brand fashion clothing, AIDA logo goods)
- Beauty Salon (Friseur; provides hairdresser, barber services, professional manicure/pedicure)
- Body & Soul Sports Fitness Centre (with a modern Gym and separate area for classes)
- Zen Lounge (relaxation room; hosts indoor classes)
- 4D Kino Cinemare (4D Cinema room)
- Time Out Bar (sports bar); Ocean Bar (outdoor cocktail bar)
- Blutenmeer (Blooming Sea flower shop)
- Sundeck area (served by the Beach Bar)
- Anytime Bar (Diskothek; ship’s disco & nightclub with DJ program and themed dance parties; during the day hosts organized dance classes)
- HYPE (teens club with supervised activities in two age groups – Orcas for 12 -13 yo and Teens 14 -17 yo; complimentary)
- Body & Soul SPA complex (Africa-themed, with Beauty Salon & Spa Reception, massages /treatments rooms, Wellness Suite, Wellness Oase, Aroma Sauna, Finish Sauna, Steam Room, relaxation room)
- Wellness Oase (Oasis, with a large whirlpool, hammocks, relaxation beds, decorated with palm trees and live plants)
- Wellness Suite (max 4 guests, rented for 4 hours; with its own veranda, Sauna, Whirlpool, luxury bath amenities)
- SPA Bar (complimentary fresh fruits, tea, wellness drinks)
- Sundeck / sunbathing area (Freibereich, located above the swimming pool; with loungers, served by the Pool Bar); the ship’s Top Deck is dedicated to Freikorperkultur / FKK Bereich nudist area with sun loungers)
- Sun Deck games area (Sonnendeck – Freibereich, with shuffleboard, giant chess, Boccia, backgammon, darts, table tennis)
- Videowand (outdoor theatre, with a big-size LED screen)
- Sports Deck area (Sportaussendeck with a combined sports court volleyball/basketball, Golf Cage, putting green area, golf simulator)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track.
AIDAbella itinerary program is based on Northern European/Baltic Sea voyages departing out of Kiel (Germany), Asian deployment with homeporting in Laem Chabang-Bangkok (Thailand), and Middle East/Arabian cruises from Dubai (UAE).
AIDAbella - user reviews and comments
Photos of AIDAbellaAdd Photo
AIDAbella ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
The AIDAvita ship is leaving AIDA Cruises fleet after 20 years in the service of the Rostock Germany-based passenger shipping company. In 2022, the...June 14, 2022
- Cruise Industry
AIDAluna was the first AIDA cruise ship to arrive in Пort Kiel (Germany) this season on April 25, 2022. A total of 4 ships in the AIDA fleet ...April 28, 2022
- Cruise Industry
The Carnival Corporation-owned company AIDA Cruises is further expanding its Selection program. AIDAselection voyages will be offered and further...January 27, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Carnival Corporation & plc and Shamal Holding celebrated the opening of Dubai Harbour Cruise Terminal following the strategic partnership the two...December 18, 2021
- Cruise Industry
On November 6, AIDA Cruises with AIDAbella celebrated the fleet's 9th boat to restart passenger shipping. The first voyage set sail from Palma de...November 9, 2021
- Cruise Industry
AIDA Cruises opened for booking its winter 2022-2023 winter program. The itineraries range from voyages to the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and the...August 28, 2021
- Cruise Industry
AIDA Cruises announced it will expand its program with new sailings during fall/winter 2021-2022 season. AIDAprima will expand her homeporting in...July 23, 2021
- Cruise Industry
On Wednesday, February 26, bookings open for AIDAbella and AIDAvita sailings in spring 2020. AIDA Cruises is offering journeys to popular...February 25, 2020
A couple of cruise ships brought thousands of Europeans to the rescue of Koh Samui. The last group of Chinese travellers already left the southern...February 6, 2020
- Cruise Industry
AIDA Cruises is launching one of its well known "AIDA pur" cruises. On November 15, 2017 AIDAbella will sail from Venice and arrive in...August 28, 2017
- show more news
Other AIDA Cruises cruise ships
AIDAbella is the 5th liner of AIDA Kreutzfahrten. Ship's name was chosen via an online competition. In terms of construction and size, the vessel matches the sistership AIDAdiva, consisting of 55 steel blocks (450 tons each). The hull itself weighed 25000 tons. Ship's four diesel engines provide 50,000 hp (37,3 MW).
Ship's Godmother was Eva Padbergwas (German fashion model). The name "Bella" was chosen after a competition. The vessel was christened on April 23, 2008, in Rostock-Warnemunde, Germany. Approximately 1400 guests attended the naming ceremony which included scenes from the musical "Avalon" performed by the Berlin Symphony Orchestra, as well as a specially written song performed by Volkan Baydar (from the Orange-Blue pop duo).
AIDA Bella ship has a biking station and carries its own fleet of complimentary bicycles used by passengers on shore excursions in ports of call. A significant amount of space inside the ship is devoted to sports. Fun fact is that the liner has a nude sunbathing area (located top-deck / towards the rear). Midship is positioned the circular and glass-walled Theatrium (also used as nightclub).
Onboard language is German, as the majority of AIDA cruise passengers are Germans and German-speaking Europeans (Austrians, Swiss). AIDA customers are young and active, so older Germans prefer more traditional brands on the German-speaking market.
AIDA Bella was scheduled for deployment to Asia (in spring 2017) for roundtrips from China on a year-round basis with departures from homeport Shanghai. However, in late September 2016, the company changed these plans and instead the ship will stay in the Western Mediterranean - due to the region's "strong demand". Starting May 2017, AIDAbella's itinerary program in Europe includes 7-day Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca round-trips. There are also new 10- and 11-day (Adriatic Sea) itineraries between Palma and Venice to port destinations in Italy, Malta, Greece and Croatia.
Due to 2 months earlier launch of AIDAperla, passengers booked on AIDAbella (itineraries between June 30 - August 26, 2017) were offered a chance to re-book to AIDAperla.
AIDAbella User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review