Cruise and Maritime Voyages fleet
Review of Cruise and Maritime Voyages
This page has information on Cruise and Maritime Voyages (abbrev CMV) ships schedules and news. Here we offer you Cruise Maritime's line review, company history, CMV ships sailing dates with prices per person, destinations and itineraries information (departure ports, ports of call, itinerary changes).
Headquartered in Purfleet (Essex, UK), CMV is passenger shipping company established in 2009 and currently owned by Global Maritime Group (majority shareholder). Cruise Maritime is part of "CMV Holdings London Travel and Leisure Group", with main offices in the UK (Purfleet), Australia (Adelaide SA) and USA (Fort Lauderdale, Florida). On the German market, CMV is represented by TransOcean Kreuzfahrten (cruise travel company and brand name owned by "South Quay Travel and Leisure Ltd") and headquartered in Offenbach am Main (Hessen, Germany).
As a product, CMV offers varied ocean- and river cruise itineraries. The cruising experience is traditionally British, child-free (16+ years old) with Captain’s welcome and farewell dinners. Relatively small ships in scale are capable of traveling to out-of-the-way ports of call, unthinkable to be reached by larger liners The onboard atmosphere is leisurely and peaceful, the service is friendly and attentive.
Cruise Maritime Voyages are popular among both experienced and first-time cruisers. As more and more travelers choose cruise departures from UK, CMV brings cruising closer to home with ex-UK 'no fly' cruising holidays. Cruise & Maritime Voyages provides convenient regional departures from eight British ports: Leith, Greenock, Bristol Avonmouth, Rosyth, Liverpool, London Tilbury, Hull, and Newcastle Tyne.
The start of a CMV cruise holiday is a stress-free experience as the ships generally cruise in the early evening, which means a leisurely start to the holiday. The arrival is in the early morning so passengers can complete in good time their homeward travel arrangements. CMV offers entertainment and enrichment programs created specifically for more mature British passengers. Entertainment is in the form of quizzes, revues, and traditional shows. Onboard enrichment includes guest speakers such as maritime historians, destination experts, and even a retired detective from New Scotland Yard.
Cruise Maritime Voyages was founded by parent company "Cruise & Maritime Services International". CMV’s majority shareholder, Global Maritime Group incorporates Global Maritime, Deep Sea Mooring, Deep Sea Installation, Vryhof Anchors and Marine Contracting in an independent company working within maritime and offshore engineering, marine warranty, marine quality assurance, dynamic positioning, mooring and anchors, vessel inspection, as well as installation of offshore structures. Company's staff consists of civil, structural, mechanical and marine engineers, risk analysts and master mariners.
After the April 2017 acquisition of Pacific Pearl (Columbus), CMV fleet has all 5 ocean ships plus 1 river ship, accounting for a total of 4,906 lower berths. In 2017, CMV had approx 10% share of the out of the UK cruise market, with predicted growth of 12% in 2018. According to the company's projections, in 2018 CMV Group will carry 130,000 passengers and accrue a turnover of over GBP 200 million. In 2017, CMV ships had scheduled a total of 87 itineraries leaving from 14 UK and Ireland home-ports, accounting for over 1 million bed nights. In 2018, this number jumped to 92 itineraries from 13 ports and over 1,2 million bed nights.
CMV's predictions for FY2017 were for ~10% UK cruise market share, rising to 12% in 2018. CMV Group's projections for 2018 were for 130,000+ customers and turnover of GBP 200 million. Company's key source markets are the UK, Germany, USA, and Australia. However, Northern Europe is its top global destination, where all CMV ships operate during the summer months.
In June 2017, CMV entered into a partnership with the UK tea brand "Whittard of Chelsea". The brand first was introduced on the new ship (Columbus) and on Marco Polo. The British retailer is well known for its tea and coffee blends. The company supplies CMV cruise ships with tea and chocolate beverages, plus gift collections on sale at onboard shops.
(new 2019-2020) CMV Mexican cruise brand "Cruceros Maritimos Vacacionales"
On December 19, 2017, CMV announced Magellan ship's 2019 winter deployment to Mexican Riviera (Pacific Mexico). The ship started operations on February 3 (2019) under CMV's new brand name "Cruceros Marítimos Vacacionales". The 7-day cruise itinerary program (February through March 2019) offers roundtrips from both Acapulco and Manzanillo. The roundtrip itinerary departs on Sundays and visits Pacific Mexico's ports Cabo San Lucas (Baja California), Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, and has 2 sea days.
Sunday departures allow passengers to spend overnight in Acapulco (by booking pre- and post-cruise packages combining up to 5-day land stay (hotels and tours) with the 7-day cruise. The 7-day cruise prices started from USD 700 pp (MXN 14,000 / Mexican pesos).
Maiden 2019 season's total passenger capacity was estimated at 12,000. For 2019, the ship will operate a total of ten 7-day voyages. CMV has plans to extend season 2020 to 5 months, eventually deploying the liner in Mexico for year-round operations. CMV opened a sales office in Mexico City in April 2018. It is expected that 80-85% of the embarking passengers will be Mexican.
In January 2019, CMV announced company's plans to homeport in Puerto Penasco (Sonora Mexico) the 550-passenger liner Astoria. Shipping operations were scheduled to start on December 7 (2019) with Baja California and Mexican Riviera cruises. The 11-day itinerary (themed as "Treasures of the Seas of Cortez”) visits as call ports Topolobampo, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, La Paz, Loreto, Santa Rosalía. CMV Astoria cruise prices started from USD 1350 per person. With Astoria's deployment, CMV targets almost exclusively the Arizona market.
In early March 2016 CMV announced that in 2017 the company will increase its UK capacity by 25% (up to 95,000 passengers) by adding a new cruise vessel to its fleet. This was the P&O Cruises Australia ship Pacific Pearl (later renamed to Columbus). The vessel was launched in 1989, first operated by Princess Cruises, then (since 2010) by P&O Australia. CMV Columbus started operations from Tilbury-London on June 9, 2017, becoming the fleet's flagship.
The 1400-passenger ship has 150 single cabins (from a total of 775 staterooms) and is marketed as "adults-only" vessel. Occasionally, it offers select voyages for all age groups. CMV's 2017 itinerary program (that included the new ship) was released on April 7, 2016. Early booking deals offered reduced prices plus a 25% single supplement promo.
Itinerary of Cruise and Maritime Voyages
The current Cruise and Maritime fleet include the following vessels (owned and operated under charter):
- Astor (1987) - the ship operates in Australia, South Africa, Caribbean, and also offers World Cruise itineraries
- Astoria / ms Azores (1948) British Isles, Iceland, Eastern Mediterranean.
- Columbus / Pacific Pearl - (PandO Australia ship launched in 1988) - joined the fleet in 2017. The new ship operates year-round in Europe leaving from Tilbury-London to Norway Fjords, Scandinavia and Russia, British Isles. The ship also offers Transatlantic round-trips from the UK to the Caribbean.
- Magellan (1985) - the ship operates in Europe (Baltic, Norwegian Fjords, British Islands, Iceland), Transatlantic, Caribbean. In 2019, the ship starts Mexican Riviera cruises (on February 3) under a new company brand name - "Cruceros Marítimos Vacacionales". The 7-day itinerary program (February through March 2019) offers roundtrips from both Acapulco and Manzanillo, with ports of call Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas (Baja California), plus 2 sea days. Maiden season's total passenger capacity was estimated at 12,000.
- Marco Polo (1965) - the ship operates in Northern Europe (Baltic, Norway Fjords, British Isles). The ship also offers Transatlantic roundtrips from the UK to Canada New England.
- Vasco da Gama ex Pacific Eden with P and O Australia) - on October 9 (2019) from London-Tilbury starts the 53-day repositioning cruise to Sydney NSW (arriving December 1). In Australia, the liner will be homeported in Adelaide, Fremantle, Sydney, and Auckland NZ. The 71-day World Cruise from Fremantle to London departs February 12, 2020.
CMV's 6th ship Vasco da Gama offers 2 voyages from London Tilbury in 2019. Singapore to London repositioning itinerary is via India (April 2019). Travelers can fly from the UK on April 22, 2019, and board the ship in Singapore. The 45-night voyage also visits Sri Lanka, Thailand and transits Suez Canal. Flights from London or Manchester are included in the fares. CMV offers promo deals "buy one get one free" priced from GBP 3500 pp (Full Fare is GBP 7000) for 2 passengers sharing inside cabin.
Later in 2019, sailing from London on October 9 is a 53-night cruise to Sydney. The voyage also includes Barbados, Panama Canal, Acapulco, South Pacific islands, and Auckland. Fares start from GBP 3929 pp based on Buy one get one free offer (Full Fare is GBP 7859).
Starting 2017, CMV offers cruise departures from Wales for the first time in the company's history. The roundtrips are out of Cardiff and Newport to Norwegian Fjords, Iberia (Portugal, Spain), France, River Seine. The ships Marco Polo and Magellan offer the roundtrip itineraries from Wales also during season 2019.
CMV Itineraries 2019-2020
The new Cruise and Maritime Voyages' Columbus and Magellan 2019 itineraries include a British Isles voyage, Norwegian Fjords, Baltic, Southern Norway, and the Canary Islands and Madeira sailing with calls in Cadiz and Casablanca.
Cruise fares start from GBP 399 per person for a 6-night Norwegian Fjords cruise or GBP 999 per person for the Canary Islands and Madeira trip.
- CMV Magellan sails on 3 new cruises out of London Tilbury in 2019. Sailing on April 3 is a 10-night voyage around the British Isles and a sailing along River Seine to Rouen with a call at Amsterdam and Honfleur. Prices start from GBP 669 per person.
- On April 13, Magellan departs for the Norwegian Fjords and features call to Geiranger, Flam, and Eidfjord on a 7-night itinerary with prices available from GBP 499 per person. Completing the departures on April 20, Magellan sails on ‘Easter Hidden Baltic’ voyage visiting Scandinavia, Germany as well as more unusual ports in Poland and Lithuania with fares available from GBP 799 per person.
- CMV Columbus offers 2 new departures from London Tilbury. On November 3, the ship sails on a 6-night voyage to Southern Norway including Oslo and Stavanger. Fares start from GBP 399 per person. On November 10, Columbus heads South to warmer Canary Islands and Madeira with calls in Casablanca and Cadiz. The 19-night voyage is available from GBP 999 per person.
Cruise and Maritime Voyages (CMV) Winter and Spring cruise program for 2019-2020 includes new itineraries, such as winter cruises to Africa, Christmas and New Year cruises to the Canaries and Madeira, Mexico and Caribbean programs, and a world cruise.
- The winter program of the cruise line features a choice of 3 Christmas and New Year voyages, that range from 15, 16 and 27 nights. CMV Columbus sails on December 21 from London Tilbury to the Canaries, Madeira, and Morocco, while Marco Polo sails on December 22 from Bristol, also to the Canary Islands and Madeira, with fares from GBP 1259 pp.
- Meanwhile, CMV Magellan sails from London December 15, 2019, to Mexico and Caribbean, spending New Year’s Eve in Barbados, with extended Trans-Panama option.
- The newest ship of the line, Vasco da Gama, joins CMV fleet in 2019. In October, it will sail from London on a 49-night Southbound cruise to Auckland, or a 53-night cruise to Sydney. Fares start from GBP 3635 pp.
- The 78-night Grand Africa and Indian Ocean itinerary, onboard Marco Polo includes South Africa, Kenya, Seychelles, Reunion, Mauritius, Maldives, Sri Lanka, India, Goa, Oman, Egypt, Jordan, Holy Land, and the Mediterranean. The two-and-a-half-month voyage is sailing from Bristol Avonmouth on January 6, 2020. It is available on buy-one-get-one-free early booking deal from GBP 5999 pp.
- In spring, Magellan offers two voyages to and from Mexico, with a couple of Trans-Panama options, on January 10 and April 19, 2020. In addition, 11 and 12-night fly cruises are on offer between Cozumel-Acapulco featuring Central American countries including Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras. Fares are available from GBP 1375 pp.
- Columbus departs London on January 6, 2020, on line's 120-night Escape the Winter circumnavigation of the world spanning 5 continents, a total of 43,000 nautical miles, 27 different countries, 38 ports of call, Panama and Suez Canals. Prices start from GBP 8999 pp, based on 2 people sharing a twin-inside cabin.
Cruise and Maritime Voyages 2020 cruise program offers a total of 108 different voyages sailing from 15 UK and Ireland ports. Highlights of the program include Iceland, Baltic Cities and Russia, the Norwegian fjords, Land of the Northern Lights, Arctic Greenland, North Cape and Spitsbergen, Canary Islands and Madeira, the River Seine, British Isles cruises, Iberian highlights, and Morocco. 2020 sees additional ex-UK departure ports with regional sailings from Belfast, Aberdeen, Greenock, CMV’s largest ever ex-Scottish program.
Cruise and Maritime Voyages currently sails from fifteen different British and Irish cruise ports making them the leading ex-UK departure line of Britain, offering convenient regional departures and bringing cruising closer to home.
New CMV 2020 Itineraries include the Grand Canary Islands and Madeira, Iberian Treasures and Morocco. CMV Magellan sails from port Bristol on October 5, on a 16-night voyage including a visit to Casablanca for tours to Marrakech.
The Hidden Baltic Treasures itinerary sails September 21 from Bristol for 14 nights calling at cruise ports in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Lithuania, Poland. Irish passengers can join Magellan's itineraries sailing from Cobh or Ringaskiddy.
Cruise and Maritime Voyages related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages launched its 2020 cruise program offering a total of 108 different voyages sailing from 15 UK and Ireland ports...January 3, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Cruises sailing through port of Amsterdam were cancelled for travelers who book holidays with Cruise & Maritime Voyages or MSC Cruises due to a...December 19, 2018
An elderly couple were arrested after ‘large amount of cocaine’ had been found in their luggage as both returned from a Caribbean cruise...December 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
On October 9, 2019 Cruise and Maritime Voyages' Vasco da Gama (still sailing as Pacific Eden) will sail out of London Tilbury on a Southbound cruise...November 24, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The new Cruise and Maritime Voyages' Columbus and Magellan itineraries include a British Isles voyage, Norwegian Fjords, Baltic, Southern Norway and...November 23, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The German unit of UK-based Cruise and Maritime Voyages group, TransOcean Kreuzfahrten, unveiled that its latest acquisition will be officially named...October 28, 2018
A male cruise passenger onboard a Cruise & Maritime Voyages ship in the Outer Hebrides has been airlifted from the vessel after suffering with...August 31, 2018
- Cruise Industry
CMV (Cruise and Maritime Voyages) offers 2 cricket themed cruises in October 2018. CMV Magellan departs from port Bristol on October 22 on...August 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
CMV (Cruise & Maritime Voyages) is hosting a number of TV stars on voyages to Canary Islands and Madeira in October 2018. MS Magellan sails from...August 9, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages (CMV) released its Winter and Spring cruise program for 2019-2020. There are new itineraries, such as winter cruises to...July 9, 2018
- show more news