Cruise and Maritime Voyages fleet
Review of Cruise and Maritime Voyages
This page has information on Cruise and Maritime Voyages (abbrev CMV) ships schedules and news. Here we offer you Cruise Maritime's line review, company history, CMV ships sailing dates with prices per person, destinations and itineraries information (departure ports, ports of call, itinerary changes).
Headquartered in Purfleet (Essex, England UK), CMV is a passenger shipping company established in 2009 and currently owned by Global Maritime Group (majority shareholder). Cruise Maritime is part of "CMV Holdings London Travel and Leisure Group", with main offices in the UK (Purfleet), Australia (Adelaide SA) and USA (Fort Lauderdale, Florida). On the German market, CMV is represented by TransOcean Kreuzfahrten (cruise travel company and brand name owned by "South Quay Travel and Leisure Ltd") and headquartered in Offenbach am Main (Hessen, Germany). CMV's current CEO and Chairman is Christian Verhounig. Company's Group Commercial Director is Chris Coates.
As a product, CMV offers varied ocean- and river cruise itineraries. The cruising experience is traditionally British, child-free (16+ years old) with Captain’s welcome and farewell dinners. Relatively small ships in scale are capable of traveling to out-of-the-way ports of call, unthinkable to be reached by larger liners The onboard atmosphere is leisurely and peaceful, the service is friendly and attentive.
Cruise Maritime Voyages are popular among both experienced and first-time cruisers. As more and more travelers choose cruise departures from UK, CMV brings cruising closer to home with ex-UK 'no fly' cruising holidays. Cruise & Maritime Voyages provides convenient regional departures from eight British homeports - Greenock-Glasgow, Bristol-Avonmouth, Rosyth (Leith-Edinburgh), Liverpool, London-Tilbury, Hull, and Newcastle upon Tyne.
The start of a CMV cruise holiday is a stress-free experience as the ships generally cruise in the early evening, which means a leisurely start to the holiday. The arrival is in the early morning so passengers can complete in good time their homeward travel arrangements. CMV offers entertainment and enrichment programs created specifically for more mature British passengers. Entertainment is in the form of quizzes, revues, and traditional shows. Onboard enrichment includes guest speakers such as maritime historians, destination experts, and even a retired detective from New Scotland Yard.
Cruise Maritime Voyages was founded by parent company "Cruise & Maritime Services International". CMV’s majority shareholder, Global Maritime Group incorporates Global Maritime, Deep Sea Mooring, Deep Sea Installation, Vryhof Anchors and Marine Contracting in an independent company working within maritime and offshore engineering, marine warranty, marine quality assurance, dynamic positioning, mooring and anchors, vessel inspection, as well as installation of offshore structures. Company's staff consists of civil, structural, mechanical and marine engineers, risk analysts and master mariners.
After the April 2017 acquisition of Pacific Pearl (Columbus), CMV fleet has all 5 ocean ships plus 1 river ship, accounting for a total of 4,906 lower berths. In 2017, CMV had approx 10% share of the out of the UK cruise market, with predicted growth of 12% in 2018. According to the company's projections, in 2018 CMV Group will carry 130,000 passengers and accrue a turnover of over GBP 200 million. In 2017, CMV ships had scheduled a total of 87 itineraries leaving from 14 UK and Ireland home-ports, accounting for over 1 million bed nights. In 2018, this number jumped to 92 itineraries from 13 ports and over 1,2 million bed nights.
CMV's predictions for FY2017 were for ~10% UK cruise market share, rising to 12% in 2018. CMV Group's projections for 2018 were for 130,000+ customers and turnover of GBP 200 million. Company's key source markets are the UK, Germany, USA, and Australia. However, Northern Europe is its top global destination, where all CMV ships operate during the summer months.
In June 2017, CMV entered into a partnership with the UK tea brand "Whittard of Chelsea". The brand first was introduced on the new ship (Columbus) and on Marco Polo. The British retailer is well known for its tea and coffee blends. The company supplies CMV cruise ships with tea and chocolate beverages, plus gift collections on sale at onboard shops.
(new 2019-2020) CMV Mexican cruise brand "Cruceros Maritimos Vacacionales"
On December 19, 2017, CMV announced Magellan ship's 2019 winter deployment to Mexican Riviera (Pacific Mexico). The ship started operations on February 3 (2019) under CMV's new brand name "Cruceros Marítimos Vacacionales". The 7-day cruise itinerary program (February through March 2019) offers roundtrips from both Acapulco and Manzanillo. The roundtrip itinerary departs on Sundays and visits Pacific Mexico's ports Cabo San Lucas (Baja California), Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, and has 2 sea days.
Sunday departures allow passengers to spend overnight in Acapulco (by booking pre- and post-cruise packages combining up to 5-day land stay (hotels and tours) with the 7-day cruise. The 7-day cruise prices started from USD 700 pp (MXN 14,000 / Mexican pesos).
Maiden 2019 season's total passenger capacity was estimated at 12,000. For 2019, the ship will operate a total of ten 7-day voyages. CMV has plans to extend season 2020 to 5 months, eventually deploying the liner in Mexico for year-round operations. CMV opened a sales office in Mexico City in April 2018. It is expected that 80-85% of the embarking passengers will be Mexican.
In January 2019 were announced CMV's plans to homeport in Puerto Penasco (Sonora Mexico) the 550-passenger Astoria. Shipping operations were scheduled to start on December 7 (2019) with Baja California and Mexican Riviera cruises. The 11-day itinerary ("Treasures of the Seas of Cortez”) visits as call ports Topolobampo, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, La Paz, Loreto, Santa Rosalía. CMV Astoria prices started from USD 1350 per person. With Astoria's deployment, CMV targets almost exclusively the Arizona USA market.
In November 2019, CMV announced the launch of a new cruise brand for the French market (Croisieres Maritimes et Voyages) and opened sales office in Marseille. Starting in 2021, MS Astor (renamed Jules Verne) will be operated by CMV-France and homeported year-round in Marseille-Fos Port and Le Havre-Paris.
Season 2021-2022 (April-May) includes 18 itineraries (Mediterranean, Black Sea, Baltic Sea - Northern Europe, Canary Islands) and the 123-day World Cruise leaving from Marseille (January 8, 2022) and ending in Le Havre (May 11, 2022).
CMV France brand is managed by Clement Mousset (General Director) and Cedric Rivoire-Perrochat (Operations and Marketing Director). The Marseilles office has ~15 employees. CMV Jules Verne will be operated as adults-only ship, with ~6% of its staterooms available for booking as no-supplement single cabins (for solo travelers). CMV France's cruise prices will be ~EUR 190 (~USD 210) pp per day.
In early March 2016 CMV announced that in 2017 the company will increase its UK capacity by 25% (up to 95,000 passengers) by adding a new cruise vessel to its fleet. This was the P&O Cruises Australia ship Pacific Pearl (later renamed to Columbus). The vessel was launched in 1989, first operated by Princess Cruises, then (since 2010) by P&O Australia. CMV Columbus started operations from Tilbury-London on June 9, 2017, becoming the fleet's flagship.
The 1400-passenger ship has 150 single cabins (from a total of 775 staterooms) and is marketed as "adults-only" vessel. Occasionally, it offers select voyages for all age groups. CMV's 2017 itinerary program (that included the new ship) was released on April 7, 2016. Early booking deals offered reduced prices plus a 25% single supplement promo.
In November 2019, CMV purchased two P&O Australia liners - Pacific Aria and Pacific Dawn. The ships start operations for CMV in 2021-Q1, following scheduled drydock refurbishments in Singapore - respectively in May and March (2021). With the two new vessels, CMV's fleet capacity will be increased to 9000 (lower berths) and company's passenger capacity by 30%.
- Pacific Dawn starts to cruise for CMV in May 2021 and will be homeported in Tilbury-London.
- Pacific Aria will be operated by CMV's German brand TransOcean Kreuzfahrten (together with Vasco da Gama) replacing CMV Astor.
- In 2021, Pacific Dawn will be renamed to "CMV Amy Johnson", Pacific Aria - to "CMV Ida Pfeiffer".
- In April 2021, Astor will be renamed to "CMV Jules Verne" and transferred to CMV-France.
Itinerary of Cruise and Maritime Voyages
The current Cruise and Maritime fleet include the following vessels (owned and operated under charter):
- Astor (1987-built) - the ship operates in Australia, South Africa, Caribbean, and also offers World Cruise itineraries
- Astoria /ex Azores (1948-built) British Isles, Iceland, Eastern Mediterranean.
- Columbus / Pacific Pearl (former P&O Australia ship, 1988-built) - joined the fleet in 2017. The new ship operates year-round in Europe leaving from Tilbury-London to Norway Fjords, Scandinavia and Russia, British Isles. The ship also offers Transatlantic round-trips from the UK to the Caribbean.
- Magellan (1985-built) - the ship operates in Europe (Baltic, Norwegian Fjords, British Islands, Iceland), Transatlantic, Caribbean. In 2019, the ship starts Mexican Riviera cruises (on February 3) under a new company brand name - "Cruceros Marítimos Vacacionales". The 7-day itinerary program (February through March 2019) offers roundtrips from both Acapulco and Manzanillo, with ports of call Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas (Baja California), plus 2 sea days. Maiden season's total passenger capacity was estimated at 12,000.
- Marco Polo (1965-built) - the ship operates in Northern Europe (Baltic, Norway Fjords, British Isles). The ship also offers Transatlantic roundtrips from the UK to Canada New England.
- Vasco da Gama / Pacific Eden (former P&O Australia ship) - on October 9 (2019) from London-Tilbury started the 53-day repositioning cruise to Sydney NSW (arriving December 1). In Australia, the liner will be homeported in Adelaide, Fremantle, Sydney, and Auckland NZ. The 71-day World Cruise from Fremantle to London departs February 12, 2020.
- TBN1 / Pacific Aria (former P&O Australia ship) - last cruise for P&O on April 9, 2021 (Melbourne-Fremantle-Singapore)
- TBN2 / Pacific Dawn (former P&O Australia ship) - last cruise for P&O on February 8, 2021 (Melbourne-Brisbane-Singapore).
Starting in 2017, CMV offers cruise departures from Wales for the first time in the company's history. The roundtrips are out of Cardiff and Newport to Norwegian Fjords, Iberia (Portugal and Spain), France, Seine River. The liners Marco Polo and Magellan offer the roundtrip itineraries from Wales also during season 2019.
CMV Itineraries 2020
CMV's Winter-Spring-2020 includes new itineraries, such as winter cruises to Africa, Christmas and New Year cruises to the Canaries and Madeira, Mexico and Caribbean programs, and a world cruise. New spring 2020 cruises from London, Bristol, Cobh, and Liverpool are also on offer. In addition, all CMV itineraries are offered on a buy-one-get-one-free offer for those who book early.
- The 78-night Grand Africa and Indian Ocean itinerary, onboard Marco Polo includes South Africa, Kenya, Seychelles, Reunion, Mauritius, Maldives, Sri Lanka, India, Goa, Oman, Egypt, Jordan, Holy Land, and the Mediterranean. The two-and-a-half-month voyage is sailing from Bristol Avonmouth on January 6, 2020. It is available on a buy-one-get-one-free early booking deal from GBP 5999 pp.
- In spring, Magellan offers two voyages to and from Mexico, with a couple of Trans-Panama options, on January 10 and April 19, 2020. In addition, 11 and 12-night fly-cruises are on offer between Cozumel-Acapulco featuring Central American countries including Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras. Fares are available from GBP 1375 pp.
- Columbus departs London on January 6, 2020, on line's 120-night Escape the Winter circumnavigation of the world-spanning 5 continents, a total of 43,000 nautical miles, 27 different countries, 38 ports of call, Panama and Suez Canals. Prices start from GBP 8999 pp, based on 2 people sharing a twin-inside cabin.
CMV Itineraries 2020-2021
CMV's 2020 cruise program offers a total of 108 different voyages sailing from 15 UK and Ireland ports. Highlights of the program include Iceland, Baltic Cities and Russia, the Norwegian fjords, Land of the Northern Lights, Arctic Greenland, North Cape and Spitsbergen, Canary Islands and Madeira, the River Seine, British Isles cruises, Iberian highlights, and Morocco. 2020 sees additional ex-UK departure ports with regional sailings from Belfast, Aberdeen, Greenock, CMV’s largest-ever ex-Scottish program.
Cruise and Maritime Voyages currently sails from fifteen different British and Irish cruise ports making them the leading ex-UK departure line of Britain, offering convenient regional departures and bringing cruising closer to home.
New CMV 2020 Itineraries include the Grand Canary Islands and Madeira, Iberian Treasures and Morocco. CMV Magellan sails from port Bristol on October 5, on a 16-night voyage including a visit to Casablanca for tours to Marrakech.
The Hidden Baltic Treasures itinerary sails September 21 from Bristol for 14 nights calling at cruise ports in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Lithuania, Poland. Irish passengers can join Magellan's itineraries sailing from Cobh or Ringaskiddy.
CMV's winter-2020 and spring-2021 program has the company's ever-biggest collection of "escape the winter" voyages. In addition to the "Big Five", the program includes 3 Christmas and New Year cruises, Christmas Market and Northern Lights itineraries, plus 3 pre-festive getaways to warmer climates. CMV's no-fly UK cruise season finishes with early-spring Round Britain, Norway’s Fjordland, Baltic and Russia, and Azores voyages, plus 2 new programs - 20 voyages (Vasco da Gama) from homeports Adelaide, Fremantle, Singapore, Sydney NSW, and CMV Astoria's 11-night "Treasures of the Sea of Cortez" (Cruceros Maritimos Vacacionales) Mexico program from homeport Puerto Penasco.
Winter 2021 itineraries include:
- 120-night Grand Round the World Cruise 2021. CMV Columbus departs from London Tilbury on January 6, 2021 sailing via the West Indies, Panama Canal, South Pacific, Antipodes, South-East Asia, Indian Ocean, South Africa, Brazil, and North Africa, and arriving back on May 6, 2021.
- 110-night Marco Polo’s Grand Oriental Odyssey. Marco Polo sets sail from Bristol Avonmouth on January 5, 2021, sailing through the Mediterranean & Holy Land, Suez Canal, Egypt, the Red Sea, the Indian sub-continent, South East Asia, Indo China, the Far East, and Russian Siberia, and arriving back on April 25, 2021.
- 84-night Grand Round South America & Amazon Discovery. Magellan set sails from London Tilbury on January 7, 2021 sailing via Cape Verde, the Amazon, Brazil, the Falkland Islands, Tierra del Fuego, Chilean Fjords, Peru, Panama, and Central America, and arriving back on April 1, 2021.
- 52-night Australia & New Zealand Southbound Voyage. Vasco da Gama set sails from London Tilbury on October 9, 2020 sailing via the West Indies, Panama Canal, South Pacific, and French Polynesia, and arriving in Auckland on November 26, and Sydney on November 30, 2020.
- 74-night Grand Northbound Voyage to the British Isles. Vasco da Gama departs from Fremantle Perth on February 1, 2021, sailing via South East Asia, the Indian sub-continent, the Red Sea, Egypt, Suez Canal, Holy Land, the Mediterranean, and arriving in London Tilbury on April 16, 2021.
Cruise and Maritime Voyages related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages (CMV) revealed the names of its two new cruise ships following a public vote. In November 2019, the company announced...January 25, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages (CMV) decided to say farewell to its cruise ship Astoria, with 2020 as her farewell season. With 2 new bigger vessels...January 20, 2020
- Cruise Industry
After much anticipation, the first cruise ship departed Thursday, January 9, from Puerto Penasco, Mexico, commonly known in the USA as Rocky Point...January 13, 2020
CMV-Cruise and Maritime Voyages cancelled a 110-night world cruise (themed "Oriental Odyssey" following political unrest in Hong Kong China...January 10, 2020
The Nassau Bahamas-flagged ship of CMV-Cruise and Maritime Voyages - Vasco da Gama, was carrying 828 passengers plus ~600 crew on a voyage from...December 6, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages will take delivery of P&O Australia’s ships Pacific Dawn and Pacific Aria in Singapore on March 2 and May 2...November 28, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Cruise and Maritime Voyages (CMV), celebrating company's 10th Anniversary announced the launch of a dedicated vessel and product for the French...November 15, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Sailing via the Azores and Caribbean, Cruise and Maritime Voyages' Columbus is scheduled to transit the Panama Canal visiting the islands of the...November 3, 2019
A police helicopter was involved with transporting a "cruise ship stowaway" who was suffering a mental health episode from Isles of Scilly in order...October 14, 2019
- Cruise Industry
CMV-Cruise and Maritime Voyages presented their winter & spring 2020-2021 cruise program and the biggest ever collection of "escape the winter...October 7, 2019
- show more news