Review of Carnival Freedom deck 10 (Panorama-Waterworks)
- Freedom Buffet Restaurant (level 2, Fish & Chips/seafood)
- Aqua Park – Stressless Pool area (connected to the Twister Waterslide/entrance location on deck 14; with 1 Whirlpool, fountains, splash pools)
- Carnival Seaside Theatre (huge LED screen outdoor cinema- movies, concerts, sports events, stage for live performances and games)
- Sun King Steakhouse (108 seats, open between 6 – 9:30 pm) is a premium steakhouse-seafood restaurant at surcharge (reservations recommended). Cover charge fee of $35 pp (adults/kids) includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert and gratuity. Steakhouse’s menu has starters (escargots, grilled mushroom, tuna tartare, shrimp cocktail, crab cake, lobster bisque, onion soup), salads (Caesar, spinach/mushrooms, iceberg lettuce, beefsteak tomato), sides (Baked Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms, Creamed Spinach, Steamed Broccoli), entrees (prime aged beef steaks – 14oz NY strip loin, 18oz rib and 18oz ribeye, 9oz filet mignon, lamb chops, chicken, Maine lobster, fish fillet from the market /itinerary based), desserts (cheesecake, caramelized apples, chocolate sampler, fresh fruits, selections of cheeses, sherbets and ice creams). The Steakhouse also serves beverages (bar prices apply) – fresh coffee/tea, dessert wines and after dinner drinks. The food is wheeled on a cart to your table for examination. A cooking demonstration offers an hour-long presentation from a team of chefs. Dress code is “Elegant” (jeans permitted). At the steakhouse can also be made reservations (bookings) for the “Chef’s Table” (private dinner package).
- Panorama Deck cruise cabins from 1001 to 1067, of which Inside (categories 4H, 4J) and Balcony (categories 8F, 8E).
- During refurbishment 2019 was added Carnival WaterWorks (replacing the Stressless Pool area with waterslide).
Carnival WaterWorks is the ship’s aqua park (open between 10 am – 5 pm) consisting of Splash Zone (fountains, water spray cannons, jets, splash pools), 2 mini racing slides for kids, Twister Waterslide (spiraling tube, 212 ft / 65 m long /entrance on deck 12), AquaTunnel waterslide (203 ft / 62 m long /entrance on deck 12) and PowerDrencher (75-gallon / 285-liter tipping bucket).
To ride the waterslides, passengers must be at least 107 cm / 42 inches tall (no weight restrictions). Minor passengers (kids under 13 yo) need parents’ permit. Eyeglasses must be affixed with head straps. Not permitted are – not toilet trained kids (also in diapers/swim diapers), multiple riders, flotation devices, swimwear with exposed metal parts (zippers, buckles, rivets, ornamentation), jewelry/accessories, the use of Splash Park areas without adult supervision. The Waterslide entrance is located aft on Sports Deck 12.