Review of Carnival Panorama deck 4 (Atlantic-Teens)
- Liquid Lounge Theater (capacity 1400 seats, 2-deck theater / lower level 1 of 2) is the ship’s main show lounge for grand-style show productions featuring live performances (tribute acts - singing and dancing) combined with sound and lighting special effects. The evening shows last 30 min. The music is backed by high-definition graphics (photos and videos) projected on large-size LED screens. The evening entertainment program also offers popular family game shows (like “Love and Marriage”) and guest performers (stand-up comedy acts, magicians, musicians). The ship’s theater also hosts the “Playlist Productions” (live stage musical revues) and “Hasbro The Game Show” (interactive board games). The daily program includes seminars, expert lectures, multimedia presentations, workshops and classes, bingo sessions. Carnival Panorama ship offers an exclusive program with 3 production shows (at 7 pm, 8:45 pm, 10:30 pm) followed by after-show parties allowing guests to interact with the performers. The three Panorama ship-exclusive production shows are named "Amor Cubano - A Caribbean Dance Romance" (7-piece band mixing contemporary and classic Latin songs), "America Rocks" (rock music-themed tribute show) and "Flick - The Power of Motion Pictures" (movie songs-themed). The ship's theater lounge is designed as a multi-purpose venue, so instead of traditional stadium seating (bench-style), all chairs are individual allowing different configurations. The theater also hosts pre-scheduled daily events – port talks, Carnival shore excursions meetings, land tours-related media presentations, etc.
- At Liquid Lounge are also presented cruise company's ever-first "dancing drone" shows with modern music and 12 performing crew. Carnival's two new shows (based on this new media technology) are named "Rock Revolution" and "Broadway Beats" (both part of liner's Playlist Productions program). "Rock Revolution" is a concert-type production themed on the Woodstock festival and 1970s fashion styles. Rock Revolution features 3 horn performers, a 3-person rock band (using interactive drum sets), dancing drones (flying throughout the lounge), themed costumes, classic rock songs, modern choreography with high-energy vocals. "Broadway Beats" is NYC-themed production show with city's best-known landmarks displayed on theater's LED screens (skyline, neighborhoods, street art, etc).
- Hasbro Game Shows are based on the TV series “Family Game Night” (board games and EA Games). These family fun shows are giant versions of popular trademarked board games (like Connect 4, Yahtzee, Sorry! Sliders, Operation Sam Dunk, Simon Flash, Monopoly, 10-pin Bowling) in which guests can team up to win prizes (Hasbro board games).
- Playlist Productions are music revues combining live performances (singing, dancing, acting) with LED staging and special effects. Among the offered live musical shows are 88 KEYS (Rock n’ Roll Piano Show with singalong hits), 80s POP TO THE MAX (1980s), GETAWAY ISLAND (beach movies of the 1960s with 3D effects), HEART OF SOUL (R&B and soul), EPIC ROCK (hits from 1970s-1980s), STUDIO VIP (1970’s), THE BRITS (UK singers tributes), MOTOR CITY (R&B /1960s-1970s), LATIN NIGHTS (Latin singers tributes), DIVAS (one-name female singers tributes).
- The Fun Shops (shopping arcade, lower level) and 2 retail shops
- Panorama Atrium is a 3-deck high midship location lounge area with open-floor design. The place has LED screens for visual displays, live-performances entertainment, and is served by the Panorama Bar (100-seats lobby bar with a grand piano and dance floor). Among the Panorama ship's interior design features is the “Dreamscape”. This is an Atrium-located LED sculpture created by kids hospitalized in St Jude Children’s Research Hospital (Memphis TN USA). The 3-deck high artwork was designed by the company Techno Media and consists of 33 different creations, The sculpture's centerpiece has over 2000 flexible LED (custom-made) tiles. This funnel-shaped central part has height 24 ft (7,3 m). The artwork is rotating, with patterns based on day time, cruise port of call or special occasion.
- Panorama Casino (capacity 484 seats) is a Vegas-style gambling casino equipped with various slot machines (“Coinless Fun Slot Machines”) and gaming tables (Craps, Roulette, Black Jack 21, Caribbean Stud Poker, dealer-free poker tables). The Casino also provides complimentary gambling lessons and hosts regularly gambling tournaments. Guests can pay in cash or with their S&S cards (“sign and sail” /backed by the credit card given at check-in). Travelers checks can be cashed at the Cashier’s Window (casino cage). Table games are cash only. Slot machines are S&S cards only (coinless). The opening hours on seadays are – slots (9 am), select tables (10 am), all games (12 noon – 3 am), but may vary depending on itinerary port times. The Casino is closed when the ship is in port and opens 30-60 min after the ship leaves port. On Carnival ships calling overnight on Nassau Bahamas, the Casino stays open. On Carnival ships in Half Moon Cay (the line’s private island) the Casino opens at management’s discretion. Smoking is allowed only on designated slot machines and gaming tables. Carnival chips are fleet-transferable and generic (logoed). MegaCash is the world’s largest jackpot that can be won on a cruise ship – over USD 1 million.
- Club O2 is a teens-only club lounge (for teenagers 15-17 yo) open between 5 pm – 1 am (portdays) and between 12 noon – 1 am (seadays). The experience (complimentary) includes dedicated lounge area (smoking/alcohol free, no kids/adults 18+ yo are allowed), dedicated staff (director, hosts, entertainers, DJs), exclusive programming (via partnership with Coca-Cola) and activities, such as meet-greets, karaoke and dance contests, movies and video games, sport games and competitions (basketball, dodgeball, mini-golf), stage shows, themed parties (teen disco, pizza, pool, gender wars), smoothie time, T-shirt decoration, teens-only shore excursions (depending on cruise itinerary ports). Among the outside Club O2 places for teen activities are the theater, sports court, Waterworks park, pool deck (Pizzeria). Club O2 lounge features dance floor, modern sound-lighting system, gaming pods/consoles (connected to flat TVs), large plasma TV (movies/gaming competitions), FunHub stations (Internet). Teenagers are allowed to come and go as they please.
- SKYBOX Sports Bar offers live sporting events and news (on multiple LED screens and TVs), drinks and snacks. Sports Bar’s menu has draft beers (16 oz, also Carnival’s ThirstyFrog Red 19 oz pint 560 ml, 60 oz pitcher 1,8 L, 101 oz tube 3 L, Souvenir Glass), domestic beers (16 oz / 470 ml), craft beers (12-16 oz / 350-470 ml), imported and non-alcoholic, beer bucket, cider, cocktails (martini, margarita, mojito), double shots (whiskey, rum, vodka, tequila, mixers), snacks (pretzel, peanuts).
- Art Gallery displays original works from renown art dealers, available for purchasing at discount prices (allegedly cheaper than at land galleries). Park West Gallery art auctions are complemented by sparkling wine and held daily (usually in early afternoon) at the Atrium’s Lobby.
- Lower Promenade
- Limelight Lounge offers live evening entertainment by vocalists, musicians, comedians, karaoke.
- Horizons Restaurant (aft dining room upper level) with Carnival Kitchen.
Carnival Panorama is fleet's first ship with Carnival Kitchen - a new dining venue (part of Horizons Restaurant) dedicated to company's new culinary program with 15+ cooking classes led by the ship's chefs. Carnival Kitchen has max capacity 18 guests and 9 cooking stations, each fitted with granite countertop, sink, cooktop, refrigerator, utensils. The floor is tiled while the ceiling and walls are steel-covered. The room has a dedicated dining area as dinners are part of the classes and price-inclusive (pricing ranges between USD 30-60 per person). Among the dinner-inclusive cooking classes (signature dishes and desserts) are Carnival Classics Workshop, Orient Unknown Class (Asian), Pasta Master Class (Italian), Cake Workshop, and other classes themed on sushi, pizza, pies. Each class is held in four 1-hour or 2-hour sessions and on sea days only. Reservations can be made online (pre-cruise) and on the ship (at any restaurant).