Review of Enchanted Princess deck 6 (Fiesta-Dining-Casino-Shops1)
Princess Theater (lower level 1 of 2) is the ship's main show lounge with a large stage for grand-scale musical and show productions featuring comedians, musicians, dancers, singers. Here are also hosted daily enrichment programs.
Churchill’s Lounge and Bar (cigar bar/smoking lounge area)
Crooners Disco Bar (nightclub with large dance floor; served by its own Bar)
Princess Casino (age limit 21+ years, slot machines, gambling tables, own full bar)
Shops of Princess include Calypso Cove Shop (duty-free liquor, tobaccos, souvenirs, accessories, Princess logo merchandise, sundries), Essence Shop (cosmetics, perfumes), Meridian Bay Shop (luxury sunglasses, watches, jewelry, handbags, accessories), Facets Boutique (brand jewelry, watches, gifts)
(Shops, lower level 1 of 2)
Photo-Video Gallery and Shop (onboard photographer photo-video services, equipment, accessories)
Princess Fine Arts Gallery (artworks for purchasing, art auctions)
Captain’s Circle, Future Cruise Center (loyalty program information, onboard booking)
Capri Restaurant (forward Dining Room for “Anytime Dining” between 5:30-10 pm, with a Wine Cellar; serves the “Wine Maker’s Dinner” package/$40 PP surcharge)
Galley is the ship's kitchen.
Princess Cruises “Chef’s Table Lumiere” (private, multi-course gourmet dining at surcharge per person) is designed by celebrity chef Curtis Stone. The dining package starts with a galley tour, fine Champagne and hors d'oeuvres. Follows a multi-course dinner (in the Dining Room restaurant) prepared by the ship’s Executive Chef.
Amalfi Restaurant (aft Dining Room for formal dining with 2 fixed dinner seatings- at 6 or 8:15 pm; serves the “Chef’s Table” private dining package/$115 PP, capacity 12 guests).
Enchanted Princess Theater also hosts the exclusive "Jim Henson’s Inspired Silliness" - a 30-min live production show themed on Jim Henson’s hilarious puppetry works. James Maury Henson (1936-1990) was an US puppeteer, animator, cartoonist, actor and filmmaker, best known as the creator of "The Muppets" (TV show created in 1955). Princess Cruises' new production show includes singing, dancing and comedy acts, high-tech visuals and professional puppetry. The show starts with a video introduction by James Henson's son (Brian) and features puppets from Henson’s Creature Shop (including newly designed characters).
Take 5 Bar Lounge
Bar/Lounge "Take 5" (located midship-portside) is the world's only jazz theater at sea. The new jazz-themed lounge features a chic setting, live performances by renowned jazz musicians (including iconic female singers), hand-crafted premium cocktails (developed by Rob Floyd/master mixologist), guest performers, late-night themed parties, daily enrichment programming (with engaging speakers and workshops). Custom media content is displayed on the lounge's TV screens. On-demand beverage service is offered to all guests at Take 5, allowing them to order drinks directly to their seats.
Take 5's themed nights and enrichment include:
- "A Night in Harlem" features 1920s jazz music from New York City, with tunes from King Oliver's Creole Jazz Band, Original Dixieland Jazz Band, New Orleans Rhythm Kings, Buddy Bolden.
- "The Birth of Big Band and BeBop" is late-1940s-themed BeBop and post-war jazz program showcasing the period's best-known musicians - like Charlie Parker, Dexter Gordon, Coleman Hawkins.
- "The Way You Look Tonight" celebrates female jazz performers (legendary instrumentalists and vocalists) - like Ella Fitzgerald, Norah Jones, Billie Holiday.
- "Toda La Noche - Fiery Afro-Cuban Jazz" is Caribbean-themed and celebrates Afro-Cuban jazz. Before the show, guests can take salsa lessons. Among the featured artists are Irakere (Cuban band), Dizzy Gillespie, Tito Puente. The themed jazz night ends with a jam session.
- "A Sophisticated Evening of Cool" is 1950s-themed with songs from American jazz legends like Chet Baker, John Lewis, Miles Davis.
- "Contemporary Directions - A Festival of Jazz" honors more recent music with performances by local artists from ports/destinations along the current cruise itinerary.