Review of Harmony Of The Seas deck 6 (Spa-Boardwalk-AquaTheater)
Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center (upper level 2) is the Fitness area (ShipShape Center, open between 6 am – 1 am). It consists of Gymnasium (complimentary, with Life Fitness equipment for cardio / resistance training), Aerobics Studio (for classes), private training rooms. The Gym has modern bodybuilding and training exercise equipment (free weights, weight machines, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, stationary bikes, Kinesis wall). In the mornings/afternoons are scheduled health seminars and wellness presentations (free of charge / timeshare events). Some of the fitness classes are at additional charge (cost in USD) – Yoga or Pilates $12, Ryde or TRX Suspension $20, Trilogy (4 sessions / each burning 700 cal) $120, InBody Metabolism Analysis $100. Complimentary are stretching (morning and evening), Fab Abs, Aerobics, the footprint-posture analysis. Fitness rules – children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Kids 16 and under are not allowed. Proper exercise attire is required (incl covered-toe athletic shoes). Swimsuits are not allowed.
- AquaTheater (entry level, capacity 600+ seats, aft location) is a complimentary outdoor amphitheater lounge for water shows (water ballet, high-diving, aerial performances). This signature RCI facility has a hydraulic pool (17,9 ft / 5 m deep), dancing fountains (4 types of nozzles), 2000+ water nozzles, 3 pool lifts, 2 diving towers (one 33 ft / 10 m, one 60 ft / 18 m, each with a 10 ft / 3 m springboard), 2 large LED screens (optical illusions / 3D flying, video projection mapping), trampolines, detachable rope ladders, professional lighting, underwater cameras. During the day, the area is used as a sun deck (swimming pool, sun loungers, live sports on the LED screens). In the evenings, sunloungers become the theater’s seating. There are two main shows – a daytime (“The Fine Line”, also DreamWorks-themed) and a nighttime (“Hideaway Heist”). These are new (Harmony-exclusive) RCI AquaTheater productions – “The Fine Line” (high-flying acrobatics, diving and extreme-sport stunts), and “Hideaway Heist” (1950s resort themed fun-crime comedy show /an undercover detective/vacationer chasing a crafty burglar, also with high-flying performances). Each show includes 18 performers- (4 synchronized swimmers, 6 acrobats and 8 divers /incl 2 specialty). AquaTheater shows can be watched live and also on the video screens. The best seats are on the verandas of aft-location Boardwalk Balcony cabins and AquaTheater suites (aft portside/starboard) overlooking from the 6 decks above. The front 3 rows are “splash seats”. The evening show requires advance reservations and could be canceled due to inclement weather. In the Aqua Theater’s pool ends the Ultimate Abyss slide (10-decks high /entry level on deck 16 aft).
- Boardwalk (neighborhood / games-fast food district) features a working Carousel – 20 wooden figures of different animals (incl horses, tiger, frog, kangaroo) handcrafted and artistically painted. Boardwalk shops (located aft) include Star Pier (PC/console games, flip flops, teen apparel /Nintendo Wii gaming area), Candy Beach (sweets, incl retro candies/snacks), Pinwheels (kids toys and games), Pets at Sea (stuffed animals toys), Smile (costumes, wigs).
- Schooner Bar (110 seats) is the RCI’s signature piano bar for classy cocktails, live music, trivia games. Decor is nautically-themed, rich with dark wood, marble, decorative rope netting. The service bar is piano-shaped. The bar has a grand piano for live performances and sing-alongs in the evenings. Trivia quizzes are also part of the evening entertainment.
- Focus (Photo Gallery & Shop) provides photo and video services by the ship’s professional photographers. The Gallery has displayed both guest-made and professional photos (available for purchasing). The Shop sells at duty-free prices photo/video equipment and accessories. There are also computer stations (to view/order photos) and photo kiosks. As the Anthem ship uses face-recognition technologies, when the reader scan a SeaPass/RFID wristband all assigned photos will be displayed.
- Boardwalk Dog House (open between 11:30 am – 6 pm /seadays, and between 2 – 6 pm /portdays) is an all-you-can-eat, complimentary fast-food bar for gourmet hot dogs and sausages. The menu has 7 types of hotdogs – The Wunderdog (all-veal, plain baguette), The Coney Island (Kosher /all-beef, classic bun), The Warsaw (2/3 pork, 1/3 beef, caraway seed baguette), The Sicilian (pork, Parmesan, cheddar baguette), The Big Apple (chicken and apple), The Smoke House (Bratwurst /pork, Parmesan, cheddar baguette), The German (Thuringia Bratwurst /pork, caraway seed baguette). Boardwalk Dog House menu also has potato salad, condiments and sides (fries, mayo, mustard, ketchup, sweet relish, sauerkraut, sauteed onions-mixed peppers). This eatery is similar to “SeaPlex Dog House” on the Royal Caribbean Quantum-class ships.
- Starbucks Coffee Bar (open 7 am – 11 pm, 56 seats) is an a la carte priced bar for specialty coffee drinks and snacks. The Starbucks bar menu is the same as on land, offering frappuccinos, smoothies, lattes/mochas, refreshers, iced coffee/tea, sweets. Ordering is also the same as in the land-based bars. Starbucks is located near the Luckey Climber (kids play area, aft) and is served by trained baristas. The bar has limited seating, a walk-up bar and several stools lined by its wall. Payments can be also made via Starbucks cards (or the phone app). Starbucks coffee prices are as follows: cold drinks (Coffee $4,25, Mocha $4,75), Iced Cafe (Americano $2,75, Latte $3,75, Mocha $4,25), Tazo Tea (Shaken Iced $2, Latte $3, Hot Tea $1,75), Vanilla Steamer ($2,75), Soy Milk ($3), Hot Chocolate ($2,75), hot coffees (at $3,50 – Americano, Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha), White Chocoate Mocha and Caramel Macchiato (each $3,75).
- Boardwalk Arcade (Video Games Arcade) is at surcharge, open for kids and adults, and offers daily gaming competitions. Among the favorites are Pacman, The Fast And The Furious, Guitar Hero, skee ball, ring toss.
- Luckey Climber (at the end of Boardwalk /starboard) is an indoor playground (kids play area) equipped with large climbing structures surrounded by nets.
- Johnny Rockets (open between 11:30 am – 7 pm, 128 seats) is a 1950s themed specialty restaurant (at extra charge /a la carte priced). This is the RCI’s signature fast-food diner for classic American fare (natural beef hamburgers/cheeseburgers). The a la carte menu includes fresh-off-the-grill, made-to-order burgers and hotdogs, fries (incl onion rings), handmade milkshakes (3 flavors- vanilla, chocolate, strawberry), a selection of toppings, also grilled chicken breast, classic sandwiches, sides, shareables, desserts (incl apple pie). Johnny Rockets is complimentary at Breakfast (between 7 – 10 am).
- Sabor Taqueria & Bar (60 seats) is a Mexican-cuisine specialty restaurant (a la carte priced). This is casual restaurant open for Lunch (11:30 am – 3:30 pm) and Dinner (6 – 10 pm). Reservations are not required. The restaurant is open to the Boardwalk. Dress code is smart casual. All the food is freshly-made (even the chips). Sabor’s menu includes both traditional and modern Mexican cuisine specialties, including guacamole (fresh-made right at the table), salsas, quesadillas, tacos, burritos, empanadas (chicken), ceviche (seafood), platos fuertes (authentic Mexican fare), calabacitas (corn), gazpacho, queso fundido (cheeses), gourmet desserts, signature drinks. Pricing starts from US$4 (tableside guacamole), US$5 (build-your-own-tacos, quesadillas, small plates), US$10 (main courses- short rib, chicken, tiger shrimp), US$19 (dinner tasting menu). Sabor Bar offers a selection of tequilas (also sample tequila flights), Mexican beers and traditional cocktails (incl margaritas).
- Cruise cabins from 6130 to 6728, of which Inside (categories 4U, 1V, 2V, 3V and 6V), Balcony (categories 1C, 2C, 1D, 4D, 7D and 8D) and Suites (categories GS-Grand and J3, J4-Junior), wheel-chair accessible cabins.
- deck plan 6 cabins information: forward are positioned 12 service boats (lifeboats, 6 on each side) extending out from the Promenaded Deck 5 below. Aft are positioned another 6 lifeboats (3 on each side) also extending out from deck 5. These boats partially obstruct the view (only when looking straight down from the cabin veranda). This issue affects the balconies on the following staterooms: from 6224 to 6136 (portside) and from 6624 to 6536 (starboard) – both groups located forward, and also from 6282 to 6328 (portside) and from 6682 to 6728 (starboard) – both groups located aft. Forward staterooms are located above the ship’s Theater (show lounge), so noise during rehearsals or the evening stage shows could be an issue.