Review of Serenade Of The Seas deck 12 (Spa-Sports-Kids-Teens)
Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center (upper level 2) is the “ShipShape Spa” (open between 8 am – 10 pm). This level is divided into Beauty Salon (manicure/pedicure, hairdresser, barber, teeth whitening), treatment rooms (incl for acupuncture and couples massages), changing rooms (separate for men/women, each with steam and sauna), relaxation area (complimentary water, tea), Sauna/Steam Rooms, Rasul Room (mud treatments), Thermal Suite (heated ceramic beds, steam and dry heat /also used for private couples treatments). YSPA (teen spa) menu offers treatments and services for teenagers (ages 13-17) including facials, massages, nail and hair treatments.
- Sky Bar (26 seats) is an outdoor bar overlooking the pool deck and serving the sports deck with drinks and refreshments. Occasionally, at the Sky Bar can be held “Cigars under the Stars” (a themed night event for cigar smokers).
- Power Walking / Jogging Track is 2-lane (7 laps = 1 ml).
- Crown & Anchor Lounge (16 seats) is a centrally located quiet room (round-shaped) that features a large table of reinforced glass offering views of the Centrum all the way down to deck 4.
- Aft on Sports Deck 12 are located all children facilities serving the Royal Caribbean’s “Adventure Ocean” program. All youth programs are complimentary and offer supervised, age-appropriate activities and pre-planned events. This huge area has several rooms dedicated to each age group – Aquanauts (3-5 yo, pagers for parents being provided), Explorers (6-8 yo), Voyagers (9-11 yo), Optix (Teen Disco & Club for teenagers 12-17 yo). Among the organized youth activities are treasure hunts, talent shows, arts-crafts, workshops/classes, PlayStation and Nintendo Wii gaming, family games, foosball, fun science experiments, sports tournaments and video game competitions, watching movies, themed parties, karaoke, trivia quizzes).
- Challenger’s (Video Arcade for kids and adults) is at surcharge US$1,25 per game. It has popular arcade machines and foosball tables (air hockey) and hosts daily gaming competitions. Among the favorites are classics (like Pacman, Galaga), music and dance (like DDR X, Guitar Hero), racers (like H2 Overdrive, Fast And Furious, Sega R-Tuned), family games (like NickToons Nitro, Sega Rally 3).
- Adventure Ocean (126 seats) is an indoor kids play room with video games, computers, toys, educational games.
- Adventure Beach (20 seats/loungers) is an outdoor kids playground (pool play area) with kids pool (round-shaped), waterslide and splash zone. To use the water-slide kids must be at least 3,8 ft / 117 cm tall (one kids at a time), able to swim and supervised by an adult at all times. at a time. The slide has its own exit near the splash area.
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery is a Royal Caribbean signature babysitting facility. This dedicated nursery is for toddlers (babies 6 months to 3 years old, fully toilet trained) cared for by certified professional staff. Kids are entertained by specially designed programs with interactive playgroup sessions (Art for Tots), toys, bedtime stories. Daytime and evening babysitting is offered (an hourly fee applies). The RCI line’s “BABIES 2 GO” service allows pre-ordering Huggies products (diapers, wipes, cream) and Gerber (organic baby food) delivered to the cruise cabin/suite upon arrival and also throughout the Royal Caribbean cruise. Note: In-room babysitting for overage children is available (per hour fee applies) for up to 3 kids (within the same family. Advance reservations are required.
- Sports Court (a full-size Basketball Court) is complimentary, open 24 hours and also used for volleyball, tennis, football/soccer, scheduled daily tournaments. There are also Sports Deck (outdoor games area with shuffleboard) and a covered area with tennis tables (ping pong).
- Izumi Japanese Cuisine (49 seats) is the RCI’s signature pan-Asian cuisine specialty restaurant with mostly traditional Japanese dishes (sushi-teppanyaki-hibachi, tableside cooking). The restaurant is a la carte priced and open for Lunch (seadays only, between 12 – 1:30 pm) and Dinner (between 6 – 9:30 pm). Reservations are required. The restaurant is comprised of sushi bar (sushi/sashimi) and another section with 2 hibachi stations. The menu includes sushi rolls, signature rolls, sashimi (2- or 5-piece, also combo platter), sukiyaki, yakimeshi, ishiyaki (grill / chicken, beef), wakame salad (seaweed), pan-fried gyoza dumplings, hot/cold appetizers, premium seafood (tuna, shrimp, lobster, eel, crab), desserts (ice cream, pancake, caramel flan, dessert sampler) and specialty drinks (cocktails, beer, sake selection). Edamame soybeans and miso soup are complimentary. Izumi has Teppanyaki menu (for iron griddle-cooked food) and Omakase menu (Chef’s choice).
- Izumi Express is the Royal Caribbean’s new “sushi to go” option available fleetwide since July 2016. The “take-out sushi” is fresh-made and of premium quality. The new option is a great choice for families with kids (avoiding the formal sit-down meal) and for all passengers willing to enjoy this popular Japanese food somewhere else on the cruise ship (incl in their cabins). Izumi Express sushi ordering is via phone (any one on the ship, incl the cabin’s) and also by going to the Izumi restaurant and placing your order there. Guests can order any item from the Izumi’s sushi menu during the restaurant’s operational hours. The staff takes the order and provides a time window to pick it up (usually within 10-15 min). Meals are in to-go containers (plastic, transparent) and conveniently bagged up. Quick and easy takeaway service is provided by the new Izumi Express carts (colored in black) offering up to 8 pre-packaged sushi rolls.