HAL-Holland America Line announced the company's 2021-2022 Caribbean program.
With itineraries ranging from 7- to 21 days, 6 HAL cruise ships will be deployed in the Caribbean, all leaving roundtrip from homeport Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) Florida.
HAL’s Caribbean program runs between October 2021-April 2022 and features 3- to 14-day voyages, including itineraries that offer a day cruising in the Panama Canal's Gatun Lake. In addition to the newbuild (still under construction) liner Nieuw Rotterdam, passengers can book Caribbean cruises on the ships Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Volendam and one holiday sailing on Zaandam.
All HAL's Caribbean itineraries visit Half Moon Cay - the company's private island in the Bahamas.
HAL’s newest ship Rotterdam starts the Caribbean season with 3- and 4-day samplers. The 4-day sampler (November 3) visits Half Moon Cay and Key West FL, the 3-day sampler (November 7) visits only Half Moon Cay. Nieuw Rotterdam then sails a series of voyages ranging from 6- to 11 days.
Holland America Line’s Caribbean routes include:
- 3-, 4-, or 5-day Bahamas Sampler visiting Half Moon Cay and Nassau aboard ms Eurodam, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, and ms Rotterdam
- 7-day Eastern Caribbean visiting Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, and Half Moon Cay aboard ms Eurodam, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Nieuw Statendam, and ms Rotterdam
- 7- or 8-day Western Caribbean visiting Belize City, Falmouth, Ocho Rios, George Town, Cozumel, Half Moon Cay, Nassau aboard ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Nieuw Statendam, and ms Rotterdam
- 7-, 9-, 10-, 11-, or 14-day Southern Caribbean visiting Amber Cove, Bridgetown, Oranjestad, Kralendijk, Willemstad, Philipsburg, Fort-de-France, Castries, Basseterre, Pointe-a-Pitre, Saint Georges, Port-of-Spain, Half Moon Cay, San Juan, St. Thomas aboard ms Eurodam, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Nieuw Statendam, ms Rotterdam, ms Volendam, and ms Zaandam
- 6- or 7-day Tropical Caribbean visiting Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay aboard ms Eurodam, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Nieuw Statendam, and ms Rotterdam
- 10- and 11-day Partial Panama Canal visiting Cartagena, Colon, Puerto Limon, Oranjestad, Half Moon Cay, Panama Canal partial transit aboard ms Eurodam.
Many of the HAL's Caribbean itineraries can be extended/combined into B2Bs (Collectors Voyages) and booked as discount priced back-to-backs ranging between 13-21 days.
Vacationers who like to get away for the winter holidays have 9x holiday sailings to choose from that range from 7 to 14 days. Holiday Collectors’ Voyages (B2Bs) extend up to 21 days.
Bookings made by February 28, 2021, can take advantage of the "View and Verandah" promo offer including cabin upgrades, 1-night specialty onboard dining, free beverages, 10% discount on shore excursions.