CCL-Carnival Cruise Line announced plans for more cruise ship restarts for January & February 2022, as the company is working towards the return of its full fleet sailing from homeports in the United States during the spring of 2022.
With 17 liners scheduled to be operating by the end of 2021, Carnival Sunshine is to restart from Charleston SC (South Carolina USA) on January 13 and Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral (Orlando, Florida USA) on February 11, 2022.
Carnival’s USA-based operations are now expected to cover the following homeports and ships by February, and represent 90% of Carnival’s USA-based capacity:
- Galveston TX: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Vista
- Miami FL: Carnival Conquest, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Sunrise
- Port Canaveral FL: Mardi Gras, Carnival Elation, Carnival Magic, Carnival Liberty (effective February 11)
- New Orleans (Port NOLA): Carnival Glory, Carnival Valor
- Long Beach (Los Angeles CA): Carnival Miracle, Carnival Panorama, Carnival Radiance
- Baltimore MD: Carnival Legend
- Tampa FL: Carnival Pride
- Charleston SC: Carnival Sunshine (effective January 13).
Cruises on the 3 remaining USA-homeported CCL boats: Carnival Sensation (from Mobile AL), Carnival Ecstasy (from Jacksonville-JAXPORT) and Carnival Paradise (from Tampa) have been canceled through February 2022.
Carnival continues to operate COVID-vaccinated voyages under its current protocols.