Dream Cruises fleet
Review of Dream Cruises
Dream Cruises is the newest cruise line brand of Genting Hong Kong (GHK) - a global entertainment, hospitality and leisure company based in Hong Kong China. GHK ordered 2 vessels to be custom-built to serve Asian market, and specifically China. With the new Dream Cruises brand, the GHK corporation concluded its mission to offer a separate brand for each of its cruise market segments. The other two subsidiaries on this market are Crystal Cruises (top-luxury, all-inclusive segment, since 1988) and Star Cruises (contemporary / mass-market segment, introduced in 1993).
At the following tag link can be found listed all CruiseMapper's news related to Dream Cruises owner Genting Hong Kong.
Genting Hong Kong is a member of Malaysian Genting Group. It is 17.8% owned by Genting Berhad. In addition to the 3 brand lines (Crystal Cruises, Dream Cruises, Star Cruises), GHK also owns Resorts World Manila, Lloyd Werft shipyards (in Bremerhaven Germany) and has 28% share of NCL Norwegian Cruise Line. With Dream Cruises and Star Cruises, Genting offers the largest cruise ship capacity days in Port Singapore.
- Dream Cruises is the first-ever premium cruise line brand based in Asia. With a heritage of regional and international cruise expertise, it is also the first-ever Asian luxury cruise line that caters specifically to the rapidly growing high-end cruise market in China and Asia.
- The new brand was inaugurated on November 14, 2016 when Mrs Puan Sri Cecilia Lim (wife of GHK's Chairman and CEO) christened the company's first vesssel, Genting Dream.
- The successful product breakthroughs achieved by Genting Dream set the pace for the emergence of brand's second 151,300 GT (sister-ship) World Dream, inaugurated in November 2017 in Singapore. The vision of the new brand is to be international in spirit and distinctively Asian at heart. The new company aims to redefine vacation travel with transformational voyages. The new brand features Asia's finest dining, international gourmet dining options, world-class onboard entertainment and exceptional service. Both cruise ships provide a top-luxury product, comfort, authentic Asian hospitality.
Dream Cruises' ships are among the most spacious in the Asia Pacific region. The new GHK cruise brand aims to be a pacesetter in the Asian cruise industry, meeting the needs of ‘emerging generation’ of affluent and independently-minded Asian travellers.
- An interesting fact is that the new Genting Hong Kong cruise line also offers world class spa and wellness services and also uses ancient Chinese massage techniques.
- Onboard entertainment features comprehensive Dreamscape educational and enrichment program, Crystal Life (health and wellness facilities), over 1100 m2 duty-free shopping arcade, 6-slide waterpark, ropes course, zip-line, the world’s first Johnnie Walker House at sea, the world’s first Penfolds flagship Wine Vault at sea, private board rooms, real-time language translation capability (up to 4 languages) in the Zodiac theatre for 400 guests.
- Daily onboard activities range from outdoor games and wine tasting to inspirational speakers and world class entertainment to enrich passengers’ time at sea. Each vessel has Genting Club - a boutique "cruise hotel" complex with a total 142 suites offering special privileges, including European butler service and priority access.
Each Dream Cruises ship offers unique underwater excursions via 2 mini-submarines (underwater craft). They are able to carry cruise passengers deep under the sea while the ship operates in select Asian destinations. Each minisub carries 1 pilot and up to 4 passengers at a time.
Itinerary of Dream Cruises
Dream Cruises' first newbuild vessel Genting Dream is homeported year-round in Singapore. Starting December 3, 2016, the ship became the first large-sized (151,300 GT tons) cruise liner based there for year-round operations. Genting Dream's itinerary visits more than 10 Asian ports (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam).
- For season 2017-2018, Dream Cruises offers a range of 2-night weekend itineraries and alternating 5-night (Sunday departure) cruises from Singapore to destinations in Straits of Malacca and Java Seas.
- The 2-night Weekend Cruise departs every Friday.
- The 5-night "Straits of Malacca Cruise" itinerary features the popular Kuala Lumpur-Penang-Phuket route. Departures are every Sunday on odd weeks.
- The new 5-night cruise itinerary in Java Sea to Surabaya and North Bali is capable only with the high speed design of the cruise ship (over 23 knots). Departures are every Sunday on even weeks.
- Passengers can combine the above mentioned "Straits of Malacca" and "Java Sea" itineraries into a 12-night B2B cruise, with the option of spending the weekend either onboard or in a Singapore hotel.
- From April through October 2018, new itineraries will visit port destinations in South China Sea and Java Sea.
Dream Cruises related cruise news
The division of Genting Hong Kong, Genting Cruise Lines, and the airline with the largest air fleet in Asia, China Southern Airlines, have...June 25, 2017
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Australasia announced that its Masters Conference 2017 will take place aboard Dream Cruises' luxury...April 1, 2017
Dream Cruises announces that the fleet's first ship Genting Dream will be homeported for year-round operations in Singapore ...January 21, 2017
Dream Cruises claimed place in history on Monday, November 14, when the official Godmother of Genting Dream, Puan Sri Cecilia Lim, wife of Tan Sri...November 15, 2016
The first-ever Asian luxury cruise line, Dream Cruises, announced partnership with Australian winemaker Penfolds to bring the first in the world...November 5, 2016
Tomorrow, October 30 (Sunday), the season for cruise ships in India will start, in style. More than 2,000 passengers will sail on a luxury...October 29, 2016
Today in Bremerhaven, Meyer Werft delivered the 151,300 GT new cruise ship Genting Dream to the Asian cruise operator Dream Cruises. Together...October 12, 2016
Wartsila Funa is supplying unique external lighting system for the new cruise ship Genting Dream, currently under construction at Meyer...October 2, 2016
Favorable weather conditions let Meyer Werft shipyard (Papenburg Germany) to float out the new Genting Dream on Friday, August 19, a day earlier than...August 21, 2016
Genting Hong Kong has signed an order for 10 new vessels with Lloyd Werft Group (Bremerhaven), comprising of a pair of mega cruise ships for...May 16, 2016
- show more news