Dream Cruises fleet
Review of Dream Cruises
Dream Cruises is the newest cruise line brand of Genting Hong Kong (GHK) - a global entertainment, hospitality and leisure company based in Hong Kong China. GHK ordered 2 vessels to be custom-built to serve Asian market, and specifically China. With the new Dream Cruises brand, the GHK corporation concluded its mission to offer a separate brand for each of its cruise market segments. The other two subsidiaries on this market are Crystal Cruises (top-luxury, all-inclusive segment, since 1988) and Star Cruises (contemporary / mass-market segment, introduced in 1993).
At the following tag link can be found listed all CruiseMapper's news related to Dream Cruises owner Genting Hong Kong.
Genting Hong Kong is a member of Malaysian Genting Group. It is 17.8% owned by Genting Berhad. In addition to the 3 brand lines (Crystal Cruises, Dream Cruises, Star Cruises), GHK also owns Resorts World Manila, Lloyd Werft shipyards (in Bremerhaven Germany) and has 28% share of NCL Norwegian Cruise Line. With Dream Cruises and Star Cruises, Genting offers the largest cruise ship capacity days in Port Singapore.
- Dream Cruises is the first-ever premium cruise line brand based in Asia. With a heritage of regional and international cruise expertise, it is also the first-ever Asian luxury cruise line that caters specifically to the rapidly growing high-end cruise market in China and Asia.
- The new brand was inaugurated on November 14, 2016 when Mrs Puan Sri Cecilia Lim (wife of GHK's Chairman and CEO) christened the company's first vesssel, Genting Dream.
- The successful product breakthroughs achieved by Genting Dream set the pace for the emergence of brand's second 151,300 GT (sister-ship) World Dream, inaugurated in November 2017 in Singapore. The vision of the new brand is to be international in spirit and distinctively Asian at heart. The new company aims to redefine vacation travel with transformational voyages. The new brand features Asia's finest dining, international gourmet dining options, world-class onboard entertainment and exceptional service. Both cruise ships provide a top-luxury product, comfort, authentic Asian hospitality.
Dream Cruises' ships are among the most spacious in the Asia Pacific region. The new GHK cruise brand aims to be a pacesetter in the Asian cruise industry, meeting the needs of ‘emerging generation’ of affluent and independently-minded Asian travellers.
- An interesting fact is that the new Genting Hong Kong cruise line also offers world class spa and wellness services and also uses ancient Chinese massage techniques.
- Onboard entertainment features comprehensive Dreamscape educational and enrichment program, Crystal Life (health and wellness facilities), over 1100 m2 duty-free shopping arcade, 6-slide waterpark, ropes course, zip-line, the world’s first Johnnie Walker House at sea, the world’s first Penfolds flagship Wine Vault at sea, private board rooms, real-time language translation capability (up to 4 languages) in the Zodiac theatre for 400 guests.
- Daily onboard activities range from outdoor games and wine tasting to inspirational speakers and world class entertainment to enrich passengers’ time at sea. Each vessel has Genting Club - a boutique "cruise hotel" complex with a total 142 suites offering special privileges, including European butler service and priority access.
Each Dream Cruises ship offers unique underwater excursions via 2 mini-submarines (underwater craft). They are able to carry cruise passengers deep under the sea while the ship operates in select Asian destinations. Each minisub carries 1 pilot and up to 4 passengers at a time.
In December 2017, Dream Cruises introduced on MS World Dream Asia's first "Tiffany" retail shop at sea. The fleet's new amenity also offers purchasing the exclusive "Tiffany High Tea Set". The exclusive Tiffany Afternoon Tea service is complemented with premium treats and served at the "Seafood Grill" on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
In 2017, Dream Cruises also debuted on World Dream Asia's (and the world's) first at sea "Dior Jewelry and Watches" retail shop. The World Dream ship also features the interactive "Scents and Spirits" (perfumes sampling and potables tasting), as well as the Make-Up Bar where passengers can experiment with the beauty industry's latest products and techniques.
Genting fly-cruise deals
In June 2017, "Genting Cruise Lines" (consisting of the companies Star Cruises and Dream Cruises) and Asia's largest airline "China Southern Airlines" signed a Memorandum of Understanding on an exclusive "flight and cruise" partnership in China.
- The deal is for discounted fly-cruise deals on cruises leaving from port Guangzhou - a premium travel hub and cruise ship homeport in Asia.
- By this strategic agreement, both China Southern Airlines and Genting combined their resources in sales, marketing, promotions and product development, creating a competitive travel product by the new “Air + Cruise + Travel” program. The program targets both individual and group travellers.
Genting Cruises Private Island Resort
In early November 2017, GHK corporation signed an agreement with the Macleod Island's owner "Tint Tint Myanmar Group" (headquartered in Yangon Burma) to jointly built new cruise ship facilities on this private island.
Cruise line private Islands are among the best known assets of the world's largest cruise shipping companies (Carnival Corporation, RCCL Royal Caribbean, NCL, MSC). However, most such private island resorts are located in the Caribbean.
GHK's partnering with Tint Tint Myanmar Group makes Macleod Island the first Asian private cruise resort destination. It is opened exclusively for Genting cruise ship tourists visiting the island on liners operated by the GHK-owned Dream Cruises and Star Cruises. Among GHK's other Asian projects are Guangzhou Nansha Port development (in China) and Port Danang (in Vietnam).
Itinerary of Dream Cruises
Dream Cruises' first newbuild vessel Genting Dream is homeported year-round in Singapore. Starting December 3, 2016, the ship became the first large-sized (151,300 GT tons) cruise liner based there for year-round operations. Genting Dream's itinerary visits more than 10 Asian ports (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam).
- For season 2017-2018, Dream Cruises offers a range of 2-night weekend itineraries and alternating 5-night (Sunday departure) cruises from Singapore to destinations in Straits of Malacca and Java Seas.
- The 2-night Weekend Cruise departs every Friday.
- The 5-night "Straits of Malacca Cruise" itinerary features the popular Kuala Lumpur-Penang-Phuket route. Departures are every Sunday on odd weeks.
- The new 5-night cruise itinerary in Java Sea to Surabaya and North Bali is capable only with the high speed design of the cruise ship (over 23 knots). Departures are every Sunday on even weeks.
- Passengers can combine the above mentioned "Straits of Malacca" and "Java Sea" itineraries into a 12-night B2B cruise, with the option of spending the weekend either onboard or in a Singapore hotel.
- From April through October 2018, new itineraries visited port destinations in South China Sea and Java Sea.
- World Dream cruise ship's itinerary program is based on China roundtrip departures from homeports Hong Kong and Guangzhou (Nansha Port), also operated with fly-cruise deals to Vietnam and Philippines.
- The ship's 5-night / 6-day itineraries visit Philippines (Manila and Boracay Island, November 17,2017 through March 31 2018). The other set offers 5-night / 6-day itineraries to Vietnam (Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang, December 3, 2017 through October 2018).
Dream Cruises related cruise news
Passengers and crew onboard the recently-launched Dream Cruises’ 2nd-mega ship under Genting Cruise Lines, World Dream, will experience...December 8, 2017
World Dream will be the first and only cruise ship to take part in Hong Kong’s revamped “A Symphony of Lights” extravaganza held...December 3, 2017
Dream Cruises revealed the inaugural itinerary of its 2nd ship World Dream, with cruises covering Manila, Boracay and Hong Kong until March 2018...November 26, 2017
Genting Hong Kong celebrated the arrival of the second new ship of Dream Cruises, World Dream, on Friday, November 17, at Kai Tak Cruise Terminal via...November 18, 2017
The largest luxury ship to be based in Singapore embarked Thursday night, November 16, on its first cruise since making the megapolis its home port...November 17, 2017
The newest mega ship of luxury cruise line Dream Cruises, World Dream, will make history as the first-ever cruise ship to be officially named in...November 16, 2017
Genting Cruise Lines is now pioneering cruises to a private island situated in the south of Myanmar via partnership with Tint Tint Myanmar Group...November 7, 2017
Meyer Werft handed over the new cruise ship World Dream to the Asian shipping company Dream Cruises. The newbuild has been designed for the growing...October 26, 2017
Asia’s Luxury Cruise Line, Dream Cruises, announced the new holiday program line-up for its first ship, Genting Dream. The vessel will arrive...October 23, 2017
Dream Cruises announced its new partnership with Alipay, the largest online and mobile payment platform in the world operated by Ant Financial...September 28, 2017
- show more news