Dream Cruises fleet
Review of Dream Cruises
Dream Cruises is the newest cruise line brand of Genting Hong Kong (GHK) - a global entertainment, hospitality and leisure company based in Hong Kong China. GHK ordered 2 vessels to be custom-built to serve Asian market, and specifically China. With the new Dream Cruises brand, the GHK corporation concluded its mission to offer a separate brand for each of its cruise market segments. The other two subsidiaries on this market are Crystal Cruises (top-luxury, all-inclusive segment, since 1988) and Star Cruises (contemporary / mass-market segment, introduced in 1993).
At the following tag link can be found listed all CruiseMapper's news related to Dream Cruises owner Genting Hong Kong.
Genting Hong Kong is a member of Malaysian Genting Group. It is 17.8% owned by Genting Berhad. In addition to the 3 brand lines (Crystal Cruises, Dream Cruises, Star Cruises), GHK also owns Resorts World Manila, Lloyd Werft shipyards (in Bremerhaven Germany) and has 28% share of NCL Norwegian Cruise Line. With Dream Cruises and Star Cruises, Genting offers the largest cruise ship capacity days in Port Singapore.
- Dream Cruises is the first-ever premium cruise line brand based in Asia. With a heritage of regional and international cruise expertise, it is also the first-ever Asian luxury cruise line that caters specifically to the rapidly growing high-end cruise market in China and Asia.
- The new brand was inaugurated on November 14, 2016 when Mrs Puan Sri Cecilia Lim (wife of GHK's Chairman and CEO) christened the company's first vesssel, Genting Dream.
- The successful product breakthroughs achieved by Genting Dream set the pace for the emergence of brand's second 151,300 GT (sister-ship) World Dream, inaugurated in November 2017 in Singapore. The vision of the new brand is to be international in spirit and distinctively Asian at heart. The new company aims to redefine vacation travel with transformational voyages. The new brand features Asia's finest dining, international gourmet dining options, world-class onboard entertainment and exceptional service. Both cruise ships provide a top-luxury product, comfort, authentic Asian hospitality.
- In May 2018, Genting Cruise Lines signed a partnership deal with Wirecard (digital payments / online shop development company) for implementing a fleetwide onboard payment system. The system ("Quick Pay") was first installed on World Dream and Genting Dream, then launched on SuperStar Virgo. "Quick Pay" allows passenger to be in full control of their onboard money spending - including pre-authorized limits, account management, monitoring, paying the total bill at disembarkation. The technology is based on scanning individual QR codes (during check-in, in staterooms or via the ship's intranet network, then selecting the "Quick Pay" option. Payments can be made via Alipay (Chinese online payment platform) and the credit cards Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Diners Club, JCB, UnionPay. The mobile app allows passengers to set up pre-authorized amounts for themselves, as well as for friends and family members.
(new) Genting Global-Class cruise ships
On March 8, 2018, at MV Werften's shipyard (Bremerhaven Germany) started the construction of the first of two Global-Class sisterships. Their scheduled deliveries are in 2020 (for Dream Cruises) and 2021 (for Star Cruises).
- Global Class GHK cruise ships have GT tonnage 204,000 tons, LOA length 341 m (1120 ft), passenger capacity 5000 (lower berths) and max capacity 9500.
- Global Class ships feature artificial intelligence technologies (including facial and voice recognition for expedited passenger services - boarding, disembarkation, payments), robots (performing mundane tasks), Cineplex (theme park), Asian spa complex, multiple Asian dining venues (including fastfood), both affordable and premium retail shopping facilities, roller coaster, water park (with 5 slides), surf simulator. Staterooms are designed for Asian families and can sleep 2-4 persons. Most cabins are with two (split) bathrooms. Each liner has 8 sets of escalators and 28 elevators.
- The vessels' waste and water management system was provided by Evac (world's leading company building integrated waste-wastewater-water management systems). ’The company's Complete Cleantech Solution package includes vacuum collection system, wastewater treatment plant, dry and wet waste treatment plant, fresh water desalination plants (based on reverse osmosis). The fresh water generation plants have capacity to produce over 3000 m3 of fresh water per day. The contract with Evac was signed on January 3, 2017.
- On January 9, 2017, was signed a contract with ABB for delivery of Azipods (power-propulsion units), automation systems and the marine software for all 5 new Genting cruise ships ordered for both brands - Crystal and Star. The 3 Crystal vessels are from the Crystal Endeavor series expedition yachts (Polar Class 6).
- These are the first purpose built ships for the contemporary Chinese market regarding onboard amenities and services (food, culture events, shows, enrichment programs, shopping, tours / excursions. Cruise ticket prices will be affordable.
- The new GHK ship (2020) will be homeported in China (during summer) and in Australia or USA (during winter).
Dream Cruises' ships are among the most spacious in the Asia Pacific region. The new GHK cruise brand aims to be a pacesetter in the Asian cruise industry, meeting the needs of ‘emerging generation’ of affluent and independently-minded Asian travellers.
- An interesting fact is that the new Genting Hong Kong cruise line also offers world class spa and wellness services and also uses ancient Chinese massage techniques.
- Onboard entertainment features comprehensive Dreamscape educational and enrichment program, Crystal Life (health and wellness facilities), over 1100 m2 duty-free shopping arcade, 6-slide waterpark, ropes course, zip-line, the world’s first Johnnie Walker House at sea, the world’s first Penfolds flagship Wine Vault at sea, private board rooms, real-time language translation capability (up to 4 languages) in the Zodiac theatre for 400 guests.
- Daily onboard activities range from outdoor games and wine tasting to inspirational speakers and world class entertainment to enrich passengers’ time at sea. Each vessel has Genting Club - a boutique "cruise hotel" complex with a total 142 suites offering special privileges, including European butler service and priority access.
Each Dream Cruises ship offers unique underwater excursions via 2 mini-submarines (underwater craft). They are able to carry cruise passengers deep under the sea while the ship operates in select Asian destinations. Each minisub carries 1 pilot and up to 4 passengers at a time.
In December 2017, Dream Cruises introduced on MS World Dream Asia's first "Tiffany" retail shop at sea. The fleet's new amenity also offers purchasing the exclusive "Tiffany High Tea Set". The exclusive Tiffany Afternoon Tea service is complemented with premium treats and served at the "Seafood Grill" on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
In 2017, Dream Cruises also debuted on World Dream Asia's (and the world's) first at sea "Dior Jewelry and Watches" retail shop. The World Dream ship also features the interactive "Scents and Spirits" (perfumes sampling and potables tasting), as well as the Make-Up Bar where passengers can experiment with the beauty industry's latest products and techniques.
In 2018, Genting Cruise Lines signed an agreement with Okinawa Agricultural Cooperatives Association and Leospo Inc. Following the partnership, on select GHK-owned cruise liners is offered Okinawa-sourced food and local produce.
- The new onboard dining options include the famous Okinawa Wagyu beef and Okinawa Agu pork. The offer is available on select ships and during summer when they cruise to Okinawa.
- In 2018 (April through November), these premium food specialties were available on World Dream, SuperStar Aquarius, SuperStar Gemini, SuperStar Virgo. The exclusive gourmet dishes are served via specially designed theme menus. They also include the traditional Japanese dishes Shabu Shabu (with ingredients stirred in cooking pot) and Teppanyaki (iron griddle cooked food), as well as BBQ Okinawa Agu Pork and the wok-fried Okinawa beef (with bitter gourd garlic) and Okinawa beef rib eye (with sweet plum sauce).
Genting fly-cruise deals
In June 2017, "Genting Cruise Lines" (consisting of the companies Star Cruises and Dream Cruises) and Asia's largest airline "China Southern Airlines" signed a Memorandum of Understanding on an exclusive "flight and cruise" partnership in China.
- The deal is for discounted fly-cruise deals on cruises leaving from port Guangzhou - a premium travel hub and cruise ship homeport in Asia.
- By this strategic agreement, both China Southern Airlines and Genting combined their resources in sales, marketing, promotions and product development, creating a competitive travel product by the new “Air + Cruise + Travel” program. The program targets both individual and group travellers.
Genting Cruises Private Island Resort
In early November 2017, GHK corporation signed an agreement with the Macleod Island's owner "Tint Tint Myanmar Group" (headquartered in Yangon Burma) to jointly built new cruise ship facilities on this private island.
Cruise line private Islands are among the best known assets of the world's largest cruise shipping companies (Carnival Corporation, RCCL Royal Caribbean, NCL, MSC). However, most such private island resorts are located in the Caribbean.
GHK's partnering with Tint Tint Myanmar Group makes Macleod Island the first Asian private cruise resort destination. It is opened exclusively for Genting cruise ship tourists visiting the island on liners operated by the GHK-owned Dream Cruises and Star Cruises. Among GHK's other Asian projects are Guangzhou Nansha Port development (in China) and Port Danang (in Vietnam).
Itinerary of Dream Cruises
Dream Cruises' first newbuild vessel Genting Dream is homeported year-round in Singapore. Starting December 3, 2016, the ship became the first large-sized (151,300 GT tons) cruise liner based there for year-round operations. Genting Dream's itinerary visits more than 10 Asian ports (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam).
- For season 2017-2018, Dream Cruises offers a range of 2-night weekend itineraries and alternating 5-night (Sunday departure) cruises from Singapore to destinations in Straits of Malacca and Java Seas.
- The 2-night Weekend Cruise departs every Friday.
- The 5-night "Straits of Malacca Cruise" itinerary features the popular Kuala Lumpur-Penang-Phuket route. Departures are every Sunday on odd weeks.
- The new 5-night Indonesian cruise itinerary in Java Sea to Surabaya (Java) and North Bali is capable only with the high speed design of the ship (over 26 mph / 43 kph). Departures are every Sunday on even weeks. Surabaya's Port Tanjung Perak allows max draft 14 m and has a cruise terminal.
- Passengers can combine the above mentioned "Straits of Malacca" and "Java Sea" itineraries into a 12-night B2B cruise, with the option of spending the weekend either onboard or in a Singapore hotel.
- From April through October 2018, new itineraries visited port destinations in South China Sea and Java Sea.
- World Dream cruise ship's itinerary program is based on China roundtrip departures from homeports Hong Kong and Guangzhou (Nansha Port), also operated with fly-cruise deals to Vietnam and Philippines.
- The ship's 5-night / 6-day itineraries visit Philippines (Manila and Boracay Island, November 17,2017 through March 31 2018). The other set offers 5-night / 6-day itineraries to Vietnam (Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang, December 3, 2017 through October 2018).
- In 2018, the ship offered Dream Cruises' 5-night cruise to Japan (Sundays departures from both Nansha and Hong Kong). The itinerary visits Naha and Miyakojima Island (with 2 seadays) and returns to Nansha and Hong Kong on Fridays. This China to Japan cruise ends with “Dream Night” - the company's traditional for every 5-night voyage laser and fireworks show at sea.
Dream Cruises related cruise news
Brands under Genting Cruise Line division of Genting Hong Kong, Dream Cruises and Star Cruises partnered with Wirecard in order to deliver a seamless...May 12, 2018
Dream Cruises unveiled the first-ever permanent eSports facility at sea, where members of the public had an eSports experience debut and also enjoyed...May 6, 2018
Around 1,300 cruise passengers booked on Genting Dream were told their sailing from Singapore to Port Klang was cancelled on Wednesday, May 2. The...May 3, 2018
Dream Cruises revealed a culinary extravaganza named Taste the Dream – Wine and Dine at Sea, featuring unprecedented collaboration between...April 30, 2018
Hong Kong-based Dream Cruises built a LEGO replica of World Dream. The replica of the 151,695 GT 18-deck cruise ship was created using...April 17, 2018
Genting Cruise Lines soon announced its collaboration with JA Okinawa (Okinawa Agricultural Cooperatives Association), and Leospo Inc., revealing an...April 16, 2018
Dream Cruises currently collaborates with Nakamura Tokichi Honten, which is one of the finest and well-respected tea houses in Japan, bringing the...April 9, 2018
Construction work started on the first Global Class ship on Thursday, March 8, at MV Werften in Germany. Manuela Schwesig, Minister President...March 9, 2018
Global operator Dream Cruises opened a new route, choosing Surabaya as main destination. According to Genting Cruise Line marketing manager...February 1, 2018
Passengers and crew onboard the recently-launched Dream Cruises’ 2nd-mega ship under Genting Cruise Lines, World Dream, will experience...December 8, 2017
- show more news