Adventure Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Adventure Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Adventure Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Adventure Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Adventure of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1557 staterooms for 3114 passengers (max capacity is 3807 guests), served by 1180 crew/staff. The ship has 14 passenger accessible decks, 15 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools, 7 jacuzzies, 14 elevators.
IMPORTANT: Here reviewed Royal Caribbean Adventure deck plans are valid for RCI cruises in 2016, 2017 and 2018 (through April 28th).
Adventure Of The Seas deck plan changes 2016-2017 refurbishments review
The list of deck plan changes after the April 2014 drydock refurbishment included:
- Cabin amenities were upgraded – new flat TVs in all cruise staterooms were added.
- Digital signage (wayfinders) on several decks were installed. These touch-screen boards allow you to know your way around the ship.
- Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded (now shipwide).
- On Lido Deck 11 (in the main pool area) a huge movie screen (outdoor theater) was installed.
- On Spa Deck 12 the Royal Caribbean’s signature Nursery was added.
- On deck 14 the “Diamond Club” lounge was added. This is a signature venue for “Crown & Anchor” (RCI loyalty program) members only.
- New dining options (at additional charge) were introduced. These are “Giovanni’s Table” (Italian trattoria restaurant on deck 11) and “The Cupcake Cupboard” (ship bakery shop on Promenade deck 5).
The ship’s 2016 drydock refurbishment (October 17 – November 13) resulted in the following deck plan changes:
- On Sports Deck 13, the RCI’s signature waterslides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon” were installed. This made Adventure the first Voyager-class Royal Caribbean ship with water slides. Also on deck 13, a FlowRider (surfing simulator) was installed. Also here, a new 2-story mini-golf course was added (replacing the old 1-level Adventure Dunes).
- On Spa Deck 12 (aft), the new “Splashaway Bay” kids aqua park was added. This is a new-design interactive water play area with cannons and geysers. It replaced the old Adventure Beach (outdoor kids playground).
- The new water park and the duo of waterslides were first introduced on the RCI ships Liberty of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas (Oasis-class).
- Izumi (Japanese cuisine / sushi restaurant /a la carte priced) was added on deck 5 (starboard).
- Chops Grille (steakhouse restaurant offering dry-aged beef steaks) was added on deck 4 (portside).
- Boleros Lounge & Bar (Latin-themed entertainment) was added also on deck 4 (portside).
- Over 100 new cabins were added, including spa staterooms (all oceanview) forward on deck 12. All cruise staterooms were renovated.
- New exclusive Suite Lounge was added on deck 14 (portside).
- The Royal Caribbean’s budget for the Adventure OTS drydock refit and refurbishment was the impressive USD 61 million.
RCI scaled back some of the Adventure's renovations due to the damages at Grand Bahamas Shipyard (Freeport) caused by Hurricane Matthew. The ship exited dry dock on Nov 14 (2016) as scheduled. Some of the planned changes were implemented - updated design and decor, renovated areas (Boleros, 2-story mini golf course). However, there were ongoing works during the next cruises and into 2017. Among those are:
- Waterslides, FlowRider, Splashaway Bay - open on Dec 10, 2016.
- Chops Grille and the Suite Lounge open in 2017.
- Izumi and adding new staterooms will bot be added.
- Giovanni's Table - offers select items from the Chops Grille menu until the opening in 2017.
- In March 2017, on Deck 4 was opened Chops Grille (located portside, across Schooner Bar).
- On Deck 2 were added 5 Studio Interior cabins (category J). These staterooms are for solo travelers, and are bookable without single supplement fees.
- Passengers booked in the not yet built new staterooms were contacted by RCI Customer Service team representatives for re-accommodating. Passengers booked in Panoramic Oceanview cabins were offered free upgrades to balcony rooms plus USD 100 per cabin in onboard credit.
- All passengers booked on 2016 cruises leaving between Nov 14 - Dec 3 were offered 25% Future RCI Cruise Credit based on the paid fares.
Royal Caribbean cruise ship Internet "VOOM"
VOOM is the name of the RCI's new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea faster connectivity, with almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The onboard system is based on the 802.11b wireless connection (theoretical bandwidth peak 11 Mbps).
- Onboard Internet access is intergrated to the stateroom number and the personal onboard account. Following the log-on to the ship's wireless network "Royal WiFi", there is an option for creating an Internet account where the passenger can sign up for a particular Internet plan or to pay by the minute. The charge is always applied to the cabin (onboard) account.
- While using the Voom Internet package, passengers can switch between various mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops). However, the number of devices connected at the same time is limited by the Internet plan.
- The cruise ship also has several Internet workstations available for all passengers on FCFS basis (first-come, first-served).
- Among the cheaper alternatives to the Voom internet are connecting onboard (while the ship is in ports of call) or ashore (in restaurants, bars, etc).
New Internet packages cost (2017 prices)
RCI's ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are "Cruise Planner" booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI's "Cruise Planner" booking system.
- "Voom Surf Voyage" is the "light package" providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The "Voom Surf Voyage" Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Voom Surf pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $12 (2 devices), $10 (4 devices) and $20 (Single Day Pass per device / per day).
- "Voom Surf + Stream" is the "real deal", offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The "Voom Surf + Stream" Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Voom Surf + Stream pricing is as follows: $18 (1 device), $16 (2 devices), $14 (4 devices) and $28 (Single Day Pass per device / per day).
- Occasionally, Royal Caribbean offers Voom package discounts for passengers with pre-purchased online (via Cruise Planner) internet packages. Discounts are also offered for Royal Caribbean loyalty program members (Crown and Anchor Society) when the Voom package is purchased onboard.
Adventure Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.