Adventure Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Adventure Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Adventure Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Adventure Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Adventure of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1557 staterooms for 3114 passengers (max capacity is 3807 guests), served by 1180 crew/staff. The ship has 14 passenger accessible decks, 15 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools, 7 jacuzzies, 14 elevators.
IMPORTANT: Here reviewed Royal Caribbean Adventure deck plans are valid for RCI cruises in 2016, 2017 and 2018 (through April 28th).
Adventure Of The Seas deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the April 2014 drydock refurbishment included:
- Cabin amenities were upgraded – new flat TVs in all cruise staterooms were added.
- Digital signage (wayfinders) on several decks were installed. These touch-screen boards allow you to know your way around the ship.
- Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded (now shipwide).
- On Lido Deck 11 (in the main pool area) a huge movie screen (outdoor theater) was installed.
- On Spa Deck 12 the Royal Caribbean’s signature Nursery was added.
- On deck 14 the “Diamond Club” lounge was added. This is a signature venue for “Crown & Anchor” (RCI loyalty program) members only.
- New dining options (at additional charge) were introduced. These are “Giovanni’s Table” (Italian trattoria restaurant on deck 11) and “The Cupcake Cupboard” (ship bakery shop on Promenade deck 5).
The ship’s 2016 drydock refurbishment (October 17 – November 13) resulted in the following deck plan changes:
- On Sports Deck 13, the RCI’s signature waterslides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon” were installed. This made Adventure the first Voyager-class Royal Caribbean ship with water slides. Also on deck 13, a FlowRider (surfing simulator) was installed. Also here, a new 2-story mini-golf course was added (replacing the old 1-level Adventure Dunes).
- On Spa Deck 12 (aft), the new “Splashaway Bay” kids aqua park was added. This is a new-design interactive water play area with cannons and geysers. It replaced the old Adventure Beach (outdoor kids playground).
- The new water park and the duo of waterslides were first introduced on the RCI ships Liberty of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas (Oasis-class).
- Izumi (Japanese cuisine / sushi restaurant /a la carte priced) was added.
- Chops Grille (steakhouse restaurant offering dry-aged beef steaks) was added.
- Boleros Lounge & Bar (Latin-themed entertainment) was added.
- Over 100 new cabins were added. All cruise staterooms were renovated.
- New exclusive Suite Lounge was added.
- The Royal Caribbean’s budget for the Adventure OTS drydock refit and refurbishment was the impressive USD 61 million.
NEWS: RCI scaled back some of the Adventure's renovations due to the damages at Grand Bahamas Shipyard caused by Hurricane Matthew. The ship exited dry dock on Nov 14 as scheduled. Some of the planned changes were implemented - updated design and decor, renovated areas (Boleros, 2-story mini golf course). However, there will be ongoing works during the next cruises. Among those are:
- Waterslides, FlowRider, Splashaway Bay - open on Dec 10, 2016.
- Chops Grille and the Suite Lounge open in 2017.
- Izumi and adding new staterooms will bot be added.
- Giovanni's Table - offers select items from the Chops Grille menu until the opening in 2017.
- On Dec 10
- Passengers booked in the new staterooms will be contacted by RCI Customer Service team representatives to discuss re-accommodation options. Passengers booked in Panoramic Oceanview cabins will be offered free upgrades to balcony rooms plus USD 100 per cabin in onboard credit.
- All passengers on 2016 itineraries leaving between Nov 14 - Dec 3 will be offered 25% Future RCI Cruise Credit based on the paid fares.
Cruise ship Internet "VOOM"
VOOM is the name of the RCI's new, high-speed internet service available on the Adventure ship since 2016. The service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections.
New Internet packages cost
RCI's high-speed ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are "Cruise Planner" booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI's "Cruise Planner" booking system.
- "Voom Surf Voyage" is the "light package" providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The "Voom Surf Voyage" Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Its pricing is as follows: $10 (1 device), $17 (2 devices), $24 (3 devices), $28 (4 devices) and $32 (5 devices).
- "Voom Surf + Stream" is the "real deal", offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The "Voom Surf + Stream" Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Its pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $23 (2 devices), $32 (3 devices), $40 (4 devices) and $42 (5 devices).
Adventure Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.