Hoorn is a port town located in the North Holland province of The Netherlands. The town covers a total area of approx 53 km2 (21 ml2) and has population around 72,000.
- Hoorn is located on lake Markermeer, 35 km (22 ml) north of Amsterdam. It acquired city rights in 1357. The municipality consists of Blokker, Hoorn, Zwaag, parts of De Hulk and Bangert.
- The South America's most southerly point, Cape Horn, was named after this town by the Dutch navigator Willem Schouten (1567-1625), who rounded it in 1616. Hoorn Islands (Wallis and Futuna) are also named after the town.
- The town name's origin is surrounded by myths. According to Old Frisian legends, Hoorn's name is derived from King Redbad's stepson Hornus. According to a 2nd version, town's name was derived from the shape of horn of one of its first ports.
- Established in 716, Hoorn port quickly grew to become an important harbour town. During the "Golden Century" (17th century's Dutch Golden Age), Hoorn was a major naval base for Dutch East India Company and a prosperous trade centre. The fleet of Hoorn plied the seven seas and returned with precious commodities.
- The town is linked with Holland's railway network, having 2 train stations: Hoorn Kersenboogerd and Hoorn. It is also the starting point of the historical railway between Medemblik and Hoorn.
Highlights: West Frisian Museum, medieval churches, Radboud Castle
The Hoorn cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Hoorn, Holland.
If you lose the Hoorn location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Hoorn cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Hoorn, Holland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
18 March, 2018
24 March, 2018
25 March, 2018
27 March, 2018
28 March, 2018
29 March, 2018
31 March, 2018