Arosa Aqua Review and Specifications
Specifications of Arosa Aqua
|Year built||2009 / Age : 10|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Duke Street Capital (UK)|
|Operator||Arosa Flussschiff GmbH|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||99 - 202|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Inge Kampwerth|
Review of Arosa Aqua
A-Rosa Aqua ship cruises on Rhine River leaving from Germany (Cologne / Koln). Riverboat's sisterships are the fleetmates Brava and Viva. Among the included in cruise fares amenities are gratuities, shore excursions, roundtrip air, beverages (including cocktails).
Arosa Aqua has a total number of 99 cabins (of which 70 French Balconies - the highest category staterooms, 29 with non-opening windows) in 4 grades. Three decks of cabins are available on A-Rosa Aqua, all measuring 156 sq.feet, with private bathrooms, writing tables, interactive televisions and seating. The cabins on Decks Two and Three have French verandahs (walls of windows with opening doors, though you really can't step out). There are no Suites on the Aqua ship.
A-Rosa Aqua main restaurant (Market Restaurant) is on Deck Three, adjacent to the Lounge, focusing on Mediterranean cuisine with continental European touch.
Other Restaurants, Lounges & Bars include: Cafe Restaurant (casual, Afternoon tea), Wine Bar (itinerary-based regional delicacies), Aqua Lounge & Bar, Sun Deck (Mobile Bar & Grill, shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green), Aqua Atrium (lobby).
The standouts on board are the massive spa, gym and salon. The Aqua ship also has a sauna and a steam room, a pool on the sun deck, bicycles to use in port.
A-Rosa Aqua cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, all tours /excursions (including on bicycles), ground transfers, live onboard entertainment (local performers, enrichment lectures, food and wine tastings), 24-hour coffee/tea, alcohol (beer, wine, spirits), replenished daily bottled water.
A-Rosa Aqua river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative A-Rosa cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Arosa Aqua cruisetour deals (all-inclusive), influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
- "RHINE DISCOVERY SOUTH" - 4-days mini river cruise from Cologne with a southbound route. It is also operated as the Xmas Holiday themed "RHINE CHRISTMAS MARKETS". It offers short-travel (Christmas shopping) Rhine river vacations from Koln (round-trip), which visits the festive Xmas markets in Cologne, Mannheim, Strasbourg and Mainz.
- "RHINE NORTH" - 7-days Belgium and Holland river cruise from Germany (Koln/Cologne round-trip). It visits Holland (Hoorn, Amsterdam, Rotterdam), Belgium (Ghent, Antwerp) and Holland again (Arnhem).
- "RHINE METROPOLISES” - 5-days Belgium and Holland river cruise from Germany (Koln/Cologne round-trip). The route offers visiting the cities of Antwerp ( overnight dock stay), Amsterdam and Dusseldorf.
- "RHINE SOUTH” - 7-days France, Switzerland and Germany river cruise from Cologne (round-trip). The route offers visiting the cities of Boppard, Strasbourg (overnight dock stay), Basel, Breisach, Mainz, and Koblenz.
The Arosa Aqua itinerary program includes the following voyages leaving from Cologne (Koln) Germany:
- 4-day (Rhine River cruise from Germany to Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Nijmegen, ending in Cologne
- 4-day (Rhine cruise in Germany) round-trip from Cologne to Mannheim, Kehl (Strasbourg), Mainz, ending in Cologne
- 4-day (Rhine cruise in Germany) round-trip from Cologne to Worms, Mannheim, Kehl (Strasbourg), Mainz, ending in Cologne
- 4-day (Rhine cruise from Germany to Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Arnheim, ending in Cologne
- 5-day (Rhine cruise to Holland and Belgium) round-trip from Cologne to Antwerp (overnight), Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, ending in Cologne
- 5-day (Rhine cruise in Germany) round-trip from Cologne to Koblenz, Mannheim, Speyer, Kehl (Strasbourg), Mainz, ending in Cologne
- 6-day (Rhine cruise in Germany and Switzerland) round-trip from Cologne to Mannheim, Kehl (Strasbourg), Bazel (overnight), Mainz, Loreley Rock (Passage), Koblenz, ending in Cologne
- 7-day (Rhine cruise to Holland and Belgium) round-trip from Cologne to Ijsselmeer (Lake Yssel passage), Hoorn, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Gent, Terneuzen, Antwerp (Harbour cruising), Arnheim, ending in Cologne
- 7-day (Rhine cruise to Belgium and Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Hoorn, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Gent, Terneuzen, Antwerp (Harbour cruising), Arnheim, ending in Cologne
- 7-day (Rhine cruise in Germany and Switzerland) round-trip from Cologne to Boppard, Loreley Rock (Passage), Kehl (Strasbourg overnight), Basel, Breisach, Mainz, Loreley Rock (Passage), Koblenz, ending in Cologne
River cruise itinerary ports
Follows the list of Arosa Cruises itinerary ports of call and the visited countries by the Aqua riverboat:
- Germany – Cologne (Koln), Koblenz, Loreley Rock, Boppard, Mannheim, Speyer, Mainz, Dusseldorf, Worms
- The Netherlands (Holland) – Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Ijsselmeer (Lake Yssel), Hoorn, Arnheim, Terneuzen, Nijmegen
- Belgium – Antwerp (Antwerpen), Gent
- Switzerland - Basel
- France - Kehl (to Strasbourg)
Arosa Aqua wiki
The ARosa Aqua river ship is the first of three same class ships, followed by A-Rosa Brava and A-Rosa Viva. Each of them has installed energy-efficient four "Volvo Penta" diesel engines (model "D12-450MH", total power 1320 kW / 1800 HP). Each vessel is also equipped with 2 auxiliary diesel generators and 1 diesel generator for operations in port. Propulsion is by "Schottel" - 1 bow thruster type "SPJ 82", and 4 rudder propellers type "STP 200" /twin propellers). The boat's wheelhouse/bridge and the top deck's awnings can be lowered when passing under low bridges. These three vessels represent the beautiful-looking A-Rosa ship design preceding the line's newest "Balcony Suite" ships Flora and Silva. ARosa Aqua ship offers complimentary bicycles on land tours and excursions in each of the visited ports.
ARosa Aqua was launched in 2009 on March 27. The ship was christened in Cologne by Mrs Inge Kampwerth - a winner in the contest for the "most charming Kolnerin". In the week before the naming ceremony, captain Michael Hofmann navigated the ship (on its own power) passing through the North Sea-Baltic Canal from Rostock to Cologne. During the March 2009 transfer passage, the riverboat was protected with wood paneling.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.