Arosa Silva Review and Specifications
Specifications of Arosa Silva
|Year built||2012 / Age : 6|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Germany)|
|Owner||A-ROSA Flussschiff GmbH|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3600 gt|
|Passengers||91 - 186|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Sonja Dreisow|
Review of Arosa Silva
The Arosa Silva boat cruises on Danube, Rhine and Moselle rivers leaving from Austria, Germany, Hungary and Romania.
A-Rosa Silva cruise ship was built in Warnemünde, Germany, by Neptun Werft GmbH. She entered service in 2012. Just like all her fleetmates, Silva offers all inclusive river cruise experience in European rivers' waters.
A-Rosa Silva has a total number of 91 cabins (of which 6 Suite, 54 French Balconies, 29 with 1 or 2 non-opening windows) in 4 grades. The Arosa Silva ship is by the line's newest design. The biggest difference from the other ships in the fleet is that it has six suites in addition to the standard stateroom configurations.
Arosa Silva Restaurants, Lounges & Bars include: Market Restaurant (main dining), Silva Bar, Cafe Restaurant (casual, also Afternoon Tea), Wine Bar (itinerary-based regional delicacies), Silva Lounge & Bar (show), Sun Deck (Bar/Grill stations, pool, shaded observation area, giant chess, putting green), Silva Atrium (lobby).
A-Rosa Silva ship's restaurant is on Deck Three, adjacent to the Lounge, focusing on Mediterranan cuisine with continental European touch. Most prominent onboard features are the indoor spa (with 2 saunas, steam room, spacious gym and salon), the line's new Suite-category staterooms, but mostly - the open-air swimming pool on the Sun Deck.
A-Rosa Silva cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, all tours /excursions (including on bicycles), motorcoach transfers, live onboard entertainment (local performers, enrichment lectures), food and wine tastings), alcohol (beer, wine, spirits), 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
A-Rosa Silva river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative A-Rosa cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Arosa Silva cruisetour deals (all-inclusive), influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
- 7-days “RHINE NORTH" is a Belgium and Holland cruise from Cologne, Germany (round-trip).
- 7-days "RHINE METROPOLISES and SEA” is a modified Holland and Belgium cruise from Cologne (round-trip, featuring Dutch lake cruising on Ijsselmeer and Markermeer).
- 7-days "Danube Christmas Markets Cruise" from Passau (round-trip, eastbound route). It offers visiting the Xmas markets in Passau, Bratislava, Budapest (overnight stay), Esztergom, Vienna (overnight stay) and Melk.
- 7-days "DANUBE CLASSICS" is a river cruise from Passau (round-trip) to Vienna (overnight dock stay), Esztergom, Budapest (overnight stay), Bratislava, Krems, Wachau Valley cruising, and Melk.
- There are two ("Black Sea") Romania Danube Delta cruises- from Passau to Bucharest (10-days) and the reverse from Bucharest to Passau (11-days).
- Departure ports times are as follows: from Cologne (at 5 pm), from Frankfurt (at 5pm), from Passau (at 4 or 4:30 pm), from Bucharest (at 8pm).
The Arosa Silva itinerary program includes the following voyages leaving from Germany, Austria and Romania:
- 4-day (Rhine River cruise to Belgium and Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Antwerp (overnight), Amsterdam, Dusseldorf
- 4-day (Rhine cruise in Germany) round-trip from Cologne to Worms, Mannheim, Kehl (Strasbourg), Mainz, Loreley Rock (Passage)
- 4-day (Rhine cruise from Germany to Holland) round-trip from Cologne to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Nijmegen
- 5-day (Rhine cruise to Holland and Belgium) round-trip from Cologne to Antwerp (overnight), Amsterdam, Dusseldorf
- 5-day (Moselle River cruise in Germany) round-trip from Cologne to Koblenz, Loreley Rock (Passage), Mannheim, Speyer, Kehl (Strasbourg), Mainz
- 7-day (Rhine cruise to Holland and Belgium) round-trip from Cologne to Ijsselmeer (Lake Yssel passage), Hoorn, Amsterdam, Rotterdam (overnight, Harbour tour), Gent, Terneuzen, Scheldt (Schelde ) river cruising, Antwerp (overnight), Arnheim
- 7-day (Main River cruise in Germany) from Passau to Cologne, visiting Regensburg, Nurnberg, Bamberg, Wurzburg, Wertheim, Frankfurt, ending in Cologne
- 7-day (Main River cruise in Germany) from Cologne to Passau, visiting Frankfurt, Wertheim, Wurzburg, Schweinfurt, Hassfurt, Nurnberg, Regensburg, ending in Passau
- 7-day (Main River cruise in Germany) from Frankfurt to Passau, visiting Wertheim, Wurzburg (overnight), Schweinfurt, Hassfurt, Nurnberg, Regensburg, ending in Passau
- 7-day (Danube River cruise from Austria) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Budapest, Kalocsa, Mohacs, Belgrade, Mohacs, Bratislava, Vienna, Krems, Wachau Valley cruising, Melk
- 7-day (Danube River cruise from Austria) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Vienna (overnight), Esztergom, Budapest (overnight), Bratislava, Krems, Wachau Valley cruising, Melk
- 10-day (Danube cruise from Austria to Romania) from Engelhartszell to Oltenita, visiting Wachau Valley cruising, Vienna, Budapest, Mohacs, Belgrade, Giurgiu, Oltenita, Tulcea (overnight), Sulina, Braila, ending in Oltenita
- 10-day (Danube cruise from Austria) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Budapest, Kalocsa, Mohacs, Belgrade, Mohacs, Bratislava, Vienna, Krems, Wachau Valley cruising, Melk
- 11-day (Danube cruise from Romania to Austria) from Oltenita to Engelhartszell, visiting Tulcea (overnight), Sulina, Fetesti, Oltenita, Rousse (overnight), Belgrade, Novi Sad, Mohacs, Budapest, Vienna, Krems, Wachau Valley cruising, Melk, ending in Engelhartszell
River cruise itinerary ports
Follows the list of Arosa Cruises itinerary ports of call and the visited countries by the Silva riverboat:
- Germany - Koln/Cologne, Koblenz, Main-Danube Canal, Loreley Rock, Mannheim, Schweinfurt, Speyer, Kehl (Strasbourg), Hassfurt, Mainz, Dusseldorf, Worms, Regensburg, Nurnberg (Nuremberg), Bamberg, Wurzburg, Wertheim, Frankfurt, Passau
- The Netherlands (Holland) - Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Terneuzen, Ijsselmeer (Lake Yssel), Hoorn, Arnheim, Nijmegen, Dutch Delta, Westerscheide (Western Scheldt)
- Belgium - Antwerp (Antwerpen), Ghent (Gent), Terneuzen
- Austria - Vienna, Melk, Krems, Engelhartszell, Wachau Valley
- Hungary - Budapest, Mohacs, Kalocsa, Esztergom
- Slovakia - Bratislava
- Romania - Danube Delta, Galati, Tulcea, Sulina, Fetesti, Oltenita, Giurgiu (to Bucharest), Braila
- Bulgaria - Rousse/Ruse
- Serbia - Belgrade, Iron Gates, Novi Sad
- Ukraine - Danube Delta- Vylkove, Izmayil
ARosa Silva river cruise tours ashore are usually themed as "food and wine", culture and history excursions (visiting museums and architecture, old towns touring and sightseeing), with sports and leisure activities.
Arosa Silva wiki
- Being the first of the line's two newest vessels, the ARosa Silva river cruise ship is in the same vessel-class with A-Rosa Flora (2014). Each of the riverboats is equipped with 4 energy-efficient "Volvo Penta" diesel engines (model "D12-450MH", total power output 1320 kW / 1800 HP), plus 2 auxiliary diesel generators and 1 diesel generator (for in-port operations). Ship's propulsion is "Schottel" and includes 1 bow thruster (type "SPJ 82") and 4 rudder propellers (type "STP 200" /twin propellers). The wheelhouse/bridge and top deck awnings can be lowered when passing under low bridges.
- The Silva ship offers complimentary bicycles on land tours and excursions in each of the visited ports.
- A-Rosa Silva was launched in 2012 on July 2nd. The ship was christened in Amsterdam (Holland) by Mrs Sonja Dreisow - wife of Jorg Dreisow (Managing Director of the A-Rosa line's majority shareholder "Waterland Private Equity Investments BV", an independent investment group).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.