Arosa Alva Review and Specifications
Specifications of Arosa Alva
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Class||Douro river cruiser|
|Owner||Duke Street Capital (UK)|
|Operator||Arosa Flussschiff GmbH via Douro Azul (Portugal)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||80 m / 262 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||Arosa Douro|
Current itinerary of Arosa Alva
Arosa Alva current cruise is 8 days, round-trip Douro. Prices start from USD 3023 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 22 May, 2019 and ends on 29 May, 2019.
|Date / Time||Port|
|22 May||Departing from Porto-Leixoes, Portugal hotels|
|23 May - 14:00||Porto-Leixoes, Portugal|
|23 May 19:00||Porto Antigo, Cinfaes, Portugal|
|24 May - 09:00||Porto Antigo, Cinfaes, Portugal|
|24 May 12:00 - 14:00||Regua, Portugal|
|24 May 17:00||Pinhao, Portugal|
|25 May - 07:00||Pinhao, Portugal|
|25 May 14:00||Barca d'Alva, Portugal|
|26 May - 12:00||Barca d'Alva, Portugal|
|26 May 12:30||Vega de Terron, Salamanca, Spain|
|27 May - 07:00||Vega de Terron, Salamanca, Spain|
|27 May 12:30 - 14:30||Pinhao, Portugal|
|27 May 16:30||Regua, Portugal|
|28 May - 07:00||Regua, Portugal|
|28 May 14:00||Porto-Leixoes, Portugal|
|29 May||Arriving in Porto-Leixoes, Portugal hotels|
Review of Arosa Alva
Initially named "A-Rosa Douro", A-Rosa Alva ship cruises in Portugal (on Douro river) departing from Oporto. The 2019-launched riverboat is the newest fleet member of the German cruise company A-ROSA Flussschiff. The boat is also fleet's first operating independently and year-round in Portugal, on cruise tours along Douro River.
Arosa Alva ship has a total of 63 staterooms. All 2-bed cabins on Deck 1 are sized 12 m2 (130 ft2) and have one non-opening window (at river level). All 2-bed cabins on Deck 2 and Deck 3 are larger (sized 15 m2 / 155 ft2) and with window, which upper part glides down to become a parapet). Ship's both Suites are on Deck 3. They are the largest staterooms (sized 29 m2 / 310 ft2), each featuring an aft-facing, step-out balcony. Cabin categories include:
- Category S (Deck 1 aft) - 2x cabins, sized 12 m2 (130 ft2)
- Category A (Deck 1) - 12x cabins, sized 12 m2 (130 ft2)
- Category C (Deck 2) - 23x French Balcony cabins, sized 15 m2 (155 ft2)
- Category D (Deck 3) - 24x French Balcony cabins, sized 15 m2 (155 ft2)
- Category F (Deck 3) - 2x Suites with private balcony, sized 29 m2 (310 ft2)
All Arosa Alva cabins offer as standard amenities
- outside window view - from either porthole (non-opening, a narrow horizontal window near water level) or French Balcony (panoramic window)
- 1 double bed or 2 single beds (convertible to Queen-sized), wardrobe with sliding doors
- sitting area (low table, chairs, mirrored dressing table/writing desk with chair)
- flat TV (satellite reception, ship info channel, real-time bow camera views)
- electronic safe box (in the closet), phone (onboard calls only - Reception Desk, passenger cabins)
- en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, single-sink vanity, towels, bath products, hairdryer), bathrobes (on request)
- individually controlled air-conditioning
- 220V power sockets
Suites and French Balcony cabins additionally may offer triple and quad occupancy. Upon request can be provided two extra (full-size) beds - sofabed (pull-out couch) and/or foldaway. Additional beds can be delivered in the same cabin or accessible (via interconnecting door) in an adjacent cabin.
A-Rosa Alva ship's restaurant is on Deck Two. There is no fixed seating arrangement. Bottled water is included with main meals for all passengers. Appetizers and desserts are selected from the buffet, while the main course is directly ordered at the table and also served here.
The standouts on board are the comparatively large indoor spa complex (with 2 saunas, steam room, Spa massages room, gym, and salon). The Alva ship also has an open-air swimming pool and mini-golf (putting green course) on the Sun Deck. The panoramic lounge is the best spot for watching the banks of Douro River, either through the big windows in the interior or in the outside at the bow. There is a dance floor as well as a stage where musical performances take place.
- Deck 1: SPA-ROSA (Massage Room, Sauna Room, Steam Room, Spa Lounge/relaxation room)
- Deck 2: Market Restaurant (main dining room), Gym (with modern fitness equipment)
- Deck 3: Panorama Lounge, Alva Lounge, and Bar (with dance floor; live shows, enrichment lectures), Boutique Shop, Lobby area (with 24-hour Reception Desk/guest services - information, assistance, purser)
- Deck 4: Sun Deck with Wheelhouse (Navigation Bridge), Bar and Grill outdoor stations, shaded seating area, heated swimming pool, mini-golf, outdoor shower, sun protection loungers.
Ship's Wheelhouse and all top-deck awnings and railings can be lowered for passing under low bridges. One lift (passenger elevator) connects all cabin decks, One double staircase (midship) connects all decks.
Arosa Douro River cruise itineraries
A-Rosa Cruises operates with Arosa Alva ship an 8-day "DISCOVER DOURO" cruise tour itinerary. Departures are roundtrip from Oporto and visit Porto Antigo (bus tour to Cinfaes), Pinhao, Barca d'Alva, Vega de Terron (bus tour to Salamanca Spain), Regua, Lamego (bus travel). Next is listed itinerary's call ports with arrival/departure times.
- Day 1 - Flight from Germany to Portugal (Porto), bus transfer to the river cruise port (in Oporto) and embarkation on the ship.
- Day 2 - a departure from Oporto at 2 pm, cruising to Porto Antigo (arrival 7 pm)
- Day 3 - a departure from Porto Antigo (7 am), arrival in Pinhao (12 noon)
- Day 4 - a departure from Pinhao (7 am), arrival in Barca d'Alva (2 pm)
- Day 5 - a departure from Barca d'Alva (12 midnight), arrival in Vega de Terron (0:30 pm)
- Day 6 - a departure from Vega de Terron (7 am), arrival in Peso da Regua (3 pm)
- Day 7 - a departure from Peso da Regua (1 pm), arrival in Oporto (7:30 pm)
- Day 8 - ship debarkation, bus transfer to Porto International Airport, home-flight to Germany
- The 11-day "Douro Experience" cruise tour extension package is inclusive of train travel (from Oporto to Lisbon) and 3-night Lisbon hotel stay.
Arosa cruise deals are generally inclusive of:
- Douro River cruising and accommodation (double cabin)
- flights (between Germany and Portugal)
- onboard dining (including buffet, waiter-served main courses, drinks (throughout the day)
- onboard live entertainment (local performers, enrichment lectures, media presentation)
- complimentary onboard wellness facilities (SPA, Fitness, Sauna, sundeck areas)
- free Wi-Fi Internet
- all tours/excursions (including on ship's own bicycles), bus transfers
- food and wine tastings, free alcohol (local beers, house wines, spirits)
- 24-hour drinks (water-coffee-tea), replenished daily in all cabins bottled water
- Complimentary bicycles are provided on all land tours and in each of the visited river ports.
- Early booking discounts and AROSA travel cancellation insurance are offered with promo deals. Based on cabin availability, also offered are 25% kids discount and 15% SPA treatment discounts.
Arosa Alva wiki
The vessel is equipped with two MTU diesel engines (model Maybach 16V 2000 M60) with total power output 1,6 MW (2100 HP). Ship's propulsion is based on Schottel Z-drive (2x rudder propellers model STP-500) and an azimuth thruster (Schottel Pump Jet, model SPJ57).
The riverboat (initially named "Arosa Douro") is scheduled for launch in May 2019. In Old Norse, the word "alva" means "elf" (or "natural spirit"). In Portuguese, the word "alvorecer" means "dawn".
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Arosa Alva - user reviews and comments
Arosa Alva ship related cruise news
Other Arosa Cruises cruise ships
Arosa Alva Itineraries
The below listed Arosa Alva cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Arosa Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 May 01||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes|
|2019 May 08||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes|
|2019 May 15||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 May 22||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$3023|
|2019 May 29||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes|
|2019 Jun 05||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Jun 12||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$3247|
|2019 Jun 19||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2351|
|2019 Jun 26||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Jul 03||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Jul 10||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Jul 17||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2351|
|2019 Jul 24||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Jul 31||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Aug 07||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Aug 14||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Aug 21||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Aug 28||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Sep 04||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes|
|2019 Sep 11||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2575|
|2019 Sep 18||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes|
|2019 Sep 25||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes|
|2019 Oct 02||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2720|
|2019 Oct 09||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes|
|2019 Oct 16||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes|
|2019 Oct 23||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2720|
|2019 Oct 30||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2720|
|2019 Nov 06||8 days, round-trip Douro||Porto-Leixoes||$2048|