Arosa Luna Review and Specifications
Specifications of Arosa Luna
|Year built||2005 / Age : 13|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Rostock, Germany)|
|Owner||Duke Street Capital (UK)|
|Operator||Arosa Flussschiff GmbH|
|Length (LOA)||126 m / 413 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3550 gt|
|Passengers||89 - 174|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Arosa Luna
A-Rosa Luna ship cruises in France (on Rhone and Saone rivers) departing from Lyon. The other Arosa riverboat in France is Stella. Luna ship is registered in Germany (Rostock) and currently homeported in Lyon (France).
Arosa Luna has a total number of 89 cabins (of which 60 French Balconies, 29 with non-opening windows) in 4 grades. There are three decks of cabins available on the A-Rosa ship Luna, measuring 156 sq.feet each, with private bathrooms and interactive televisions. The cabins on Decks Two and Three boast French verandahs. All A-Rosa Luna's cabins are light, stylish and generously sized.
Arosa Luna Restaurants, Lounges & Bars include: Market Restaurant (main dining, on Deck Three, focusing on Mediterranan cuisine), Cafe Restaurant (al fresco), Wine Bar (food and wine tastings /itinerary-based regional delicacies), Luna Lounge & Bar (show, lectures), Sun Deck (Bar/Grill stations, shaded observation area, deck games, swimming pool, shuffleboard, putting green and a giant chess board).
Best onboard features are the comparitively large indoor spa complex (with 2 saunas, Spa massages room, gym) and an open-air swimming pool on the Sun Deck. The full spa offers a range of Hawaiian Lomilomi and traditional massages.
A-Rosa Luna cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, all tours /excursions (including on bicycles), motorcoach transfers, live onboard entertainment (local performers, enrichment lectures), food and wine tastings), alcohol (beer, wine, spirits), 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
A-Rosa Luna river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative A-Rosa cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Arosa Luna cruisetour deals (all-inclusive), influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
- “ROUTE GOURMET" wine-themed cruise from Lyon visits Tournus, Chalon, Macon, Viviers, Arles and Avignon. The 5-days “ROUTE LUNA” itinerary skips Tournus and visits Chalon, Macon, Viviers, Arles and Avignon.
- 5-days "ROUTE RENDEZ - VOUS" itinerary from Lyon visits Viviers, Arles, Avignon and Vienne.
- The majority of ARosa Luna France river cruise tours are themed "food and wine", visiting famous chateaus, small towns and villages in two of the country's world renown wine regions - Burgundy and Provence (Southern France).
The Arosa Luna itinerary program is similar to that of Arosa Stella. It includes the following Southern France cruises in Provence and Burgundy:
- 5-day (Rhone River cruise in France) round-trip from Lyon to Viviers, Arles, Avignon (overnight), Vienne, ending in Lyon (also with an overnight stay on the ship)
- 7-day (Rhone and Saone river cruise in France) round-trip from Lyon to Tournus, Chalon, Macon, Viviers, Arles, Avignon (overnight), Vienne, ending in Lyon (overnight)
- 7-day (Saone and Rhone river cruise in France) round-trip from Lyon to Tournus, Chalon, Macon, Viviers, Arles, Avignon (overnight), Vienne, Collonges, Lyon (old town cruising), ending in Lyon (overnight)
- 14-day (Rhone cruise in France) round-trip from Lyon to Chalon, Tournus, Macon (overnight), Trevoux (Lyon's suburb), Viviers, Port St Louis (overnight), Arles (overnight), Avignon (overnight), Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Tain-l'Hermitage, Vienne, ending in Lyon (overnight).
Arosa Luna wiki
- Being the first of the line's two same class vessels, the ARosa Luna cruise ship is sister to A-Rosa Stella (also operating in France). Each of these ships is equipped with two MTU engines (Maybach marine engines, model "16V 2000 M60" /diesel, total power output 1600 kW / 2100 HP). The ship's propulsion ("Z-drive") is by "Schottel" and includes 2 rudder propellers (type "STP 500" /twin propellers) and 1 Schottel Pump Jet (azimuth thruster, model "SPJ 57"). The riverboat's wheelhouse/bridge and top deck awnings can be lowered when passing under low bridges.
- The Luna ship offers complimentary bicycles on land tours and excursions in each of the visited ports.
- A-Rosa Luna was launched in 2005 on April 7.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.